2018 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

I went to look at my goals again and I am doing quite well. I have stayed in my allotted space and have been tracking and getting rid of anything that is isn’t getting worn with the exception of some Lv bags. Which was allowed in my goals . The only thing I need to do is take a new individual photo of a couple bags and I am good to go. I couldn’t remember the exact wording I had used but I am very happy with my results now that I went back to read it.

I went to look at my goals again and I am doing quite well. I have stayed in my allotted space and have been tracking and getting rid of anything that is isn’t getting worn with the exception of some Lv bags. Which was allowed in my goals . The only thing I need to do is take a new individual photo of a couple bags and I am good to go. I couldn’t remember the exact wording I had used but I am very happy with my results now that I went back to read it.

Being happy with the results is the ultimate goal in all of this! [emoji119] Great job!

You have done very well this year. I still have a couple of less expensive bags that are not selling, but other then that I am quite happy where I am in my collection. I still need to get an outdoor event bag as the one I picked up didn't work out. I can't deal with bags that make a crunchy sound.

Thank you!
Best wishes on your sales.

Crunch sounds on a bag is just weird.

Reactions: dcooney4
Wow! You really know what you're doing! Happy Birthday! A birthday bag and a memory bag that you love and wear sound like worthy purchases. I'll go check out your stylebook again.

Birthday bag won’t be around until September for my birthday. [emoji28] but yes I think they are good purchases and I waited at least a month before purchasing to make sure they weren’t impulse purchases.

Last year was the year of impulse purchases, luckily they were all keepers.

I didn't set any goals, but if I had:

I probably did ok on whatever purchase/acquisition/budget goal I would have had. I'm in 5 bags this year - 3 contemporary, 2 premiere. And 2 SLGs and 1 charm (I think!) in addition to the stuff I bought at the outlet the other day.

I failed at whatever out goal I would have had. Nothing sold, nothing out.. I need to get a little more aggressive about this because I need to get all the clutter out of my collection and out of my house.

And I failed at whatever rotation/use goals I would have had since I've used the Dooney denim chevron almost exclusively since before Christmas. I've switched a day or two here and there because I needed something different for whatever reason, but mostly it's been the one bag.

I might have set goals - probably to purchase less scarves (epic fail thus far) and wear my green Miss Alligator more often (still trying), but I would say that over all I'm doing fairly well.

I did go to Paris = had to buy something from Hermes!
I have sold 5 and have 4 listed. I have slowed down and I'm getting better about not falling prey to my terrible case of Sales Goggles. I've also been able to tell myself not to purchase a scarf if I have one I already love in the same/similar color. I might be moving away from the 90s and primarily looking at mousseline or gavroche - the moussies are so light and lovely, the gavs are great for warm weather AND I could tie 2 together and have quite a bit of scarf to work with if I needed it.

I've sold 3 purses, but purchased 5. Sounds like a lot but it's a net +2. Of the 5 - I love the Just Campagne Confort1 and the Polene - in just the amount of time I've had them, they've been worn quite a bit. 2 were cross body and were needed but I don't wear them all that often… though honestly one I wear more than I thought I would - a lovely gold metallic (surprise! my first metallic!) Annabel Ingall. The 5th was only $39 and will be a fun bag for drinks or an evening out.

I've only been a member on tPF for just over a year now and I have learned so much. Both to my advantage and to my wallet's disadvantage :nuts:
Thank you all so much for sharing all your wisdom!

Ok reveal time!

You knew this was coming. The most perfect Bal small City silver metallic edge ever.

View attachment 4137880

And then....

View attachment 4137881

So I went to see the Dotcom, didn't know it was discontinued. She still wants to make a sale of course, so she showed me some other stuff. I liked this one, tried it on, great. But like at NM, I left to think about which one to get. But I liked them both, the Fendi was a little less expensive than the Bal, and ultimately I decided there wasn't really anything stopping me from getting both. My finances will survive it just fine. So here I am with my first Fendi, a By the Way in grey. And the Bal. Yay!!
Beautiful! I have the Fendi BTW bag and love it a lot. Yours is a great color. :heart:

Reactions: Sparkletastic
I’m selling a bag for the first time ever! Just sent my LV neverfull PM that I haven’t worn in years to Yoogi’s closet. I also sent in a pair of gucci sneakers. I think I screwed up a bit with the shipping though- accidentally printed 4 labels but sent the two items together in one box with a label for the LV. Hopefully they’ll figure it out lol. If it turns out to be a hassle then I’ll know I have to be more careful with purchases in the future so that I won’t have to sell again :amuse:

I’m selling a bag for the first time ever! Just sent my LV neverfull PM that I haven’t worn in years to Yoogi’s closet. I also sent in a pair of gucci sneakers. I think I screwed up a bit with the shipping though- accidentally printed 4 labels but sent the two items together in one box with a label for the LV. Hopefully they’ll figure it out lol. If it turns out to be a hassle then I’ll know I have to be more careful with purchases in the future so that I won’t have to sell again :amuse:

Hope they sort it out!

Reactions: anitsirk
I checked what I wrote at the start of the year - something like aiming for lesser and more rational purchases. Maybe at most 5.

How I’ve fared so far - 7 purchases! Not so bad if I also cite my outs which is 8! More importantly, I’m happy with what I’ve purchased in the last few months. So I think I’m within the rational purchases spectrum.

To make it a good year, I should not make any additions. But I have a trip in December so I don’t think that’s possible. But in any case, I think I’m still good overall. I think. [emoji3]

Thanks! Re color transfer, I meant the opposite actually. Is it going to pick up color from my jeans?
Hmmmm... I wouldn’t think so but then I don’t wear jeans that often and my BTW is black. I think the folks on the Fendi forum - especially those with lighter colored BTW’s - would be better able to answer.

And I’m so sad to hear the dot com was discontinued. I almost bought it instead of my BTW. Hmmm...maybe this creates an opportunity for me to grab one pretty cheaply. :graucho: Stores have to be trying to get rid of inventory (if any are left.)

I checked what I wrote at the start of the year - something like aiming for lesser and more rational purchases. Maybe at most 5.

How I’ve fared so far - 7 purchases! Not so bad if I also cite my outs which is 8! More importantly, I’m happy with what I’ve purchased in the last few months. So I think I’m within the rational purchases spectrum.

To make it a good year, I should not make any additions. But I have a trip in December so I don’t think that’s possible. But in any case, I think I’m still good overall. I think. [emoji3]

I think you’ve gotten better with purchases! You wear them right away!

Reactions: tealocean