2018 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

This sounds really workable! Are the cubbies open, so you can see your bags? Or do you keep your bags in their own individual dust bags? I'm asking because my bags are in dust bags, and sometimes I forget what's where. But I like keeping them inside dust bags because of the... um... dust!

I have custom name tags made for my bags "Orange Bolide," "Mono Alma" etc. (available on Etsy) and attach them to the dust bags with velcro.

I think those of us who have pets have more dust too.
You may be right. Although I had 2 dogs for years and then a cat til this year - still not much dust.
I'm so glad I found this thread! I was just saying yesterday that I want to follow the "less is more" mantra for 2018. I have entirely too many bags and I don't either use and or enjoy any longer, so they are going to be sold/given away. And I'm going to make it all year without purchasing for the year. The recent ones are my favorites and I really have zero need for yet *another* handbag. I stuck to my 2017 goal and lost 30lbs, this should be easier, right??? :smile:
Congrats on the weight loss!

Think I’m becoming more selective! I have funds for two bags and saw one today on my wish list and passed. I know I’m only getting two bags in 2018 so I’m being really careful...which I’m so happy about!
I am sooooo not the person to talk about full or partial bans. But, I have gotten better about waiting for the right bag. Just keep holding off til you find something you can't stand not to have that also functions perfectly.

Reactions: pianolize
I am sooooo not the person to talk about full or partial bans. But, I have gotten better about waiting for the right bag. Just keep holding off til you find something you can't stand not to have that also functions perfectly.

Thank you! I need to learn to be more selective. I’m getting tired of the merry go round of purchasing and then selling because it doesn’t work for me! KWIM

I'm so glad I found this thread! I was just saying yesterday that I want to follow the "less is more" mantra for 2018. I have entirely too many bags and I don't either use and or enjoy any longer, so they are going to be sold/given away. And I'm going to make it all year without purchasing for the year. The recent ones are my favorites and I really have zero need for yet *another* handbag. I stuck to my 2017 goal and lost 30lbs, this should be easier, right??? :smile:

Super congrats on the weight loss! Amazing! Getting healthy and losing these extra 10 lbs is on my list for 2018!

Reactions: can_do_mom
Meeeee toooo! I love them so much. I have 2 but just sold the third. So I think I have an excuse to add another. :lol:
I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope all is well now.
I would get that Bleu Roi in lamb if I didn't have my Miss Dior which I actually think I like better.

You know I'm a sucker for the metallic Diorama. My silver is my FAVORITE bag in my collection and I wear it casual to dressy.

And the Kelly. I've been debating and thinking about Hermes bags on the thread lately. I think they look best in brights v black and browns - not that they don't look great in neutrals.

My thought is that if blue is your most used color, get it in the blue. But if you will use red or pink or green more, then get it in that color. If I do ever get a K or B it will be in a bright color I'll use often. I'd actually thinking of pink or green since those are my sorority colors and I'll wear them to those events and can wear them easily with my wardrobe. Or blue since I wear that color so often.
Thanks! This last year was pivotal with my wardrobe. I got a lot of good shopping in during my trip to Europe and moving has allowed me to purge and keep evaluating what I have.
Gosh I have missed so much. What blue bag did you sell? I’m on the fence about the size of the Jumbo in blue. The metallic Diorama comes in blue and I’m actively eyeing it now. I love your Metallic Flaps they are such stunning pieces. The Hermes definitely needs to be in color as the saturation on their colors looks amazing and frankly I don’t want to shell out 10k for a black bag. Red would be excellent but that would mean I need to part with my 10c red which I’ll never do. BTW I see you’ve converted to a Lamb girl

Do you have a particular bag in mind? Or do you just have a limit that it’s only one bag in for the year?
I don't have any bag in mind Elaine. I am happy with bags I have but I still like looking at so many, I just don't have to own them. I'm actually going to try not buying a bag, I say 1 because I don't want my brain to think we can't buy a bag and then go on a crazy shopping spree!

I don't have any bag in mind Elaine. I am happy with bags I have but I still like looking at so many, I just don't have to own them. I'm actually going to try not buying a bag, I say 1 because I don't want my brain to think we can't buy a bag and then go on a crazy shopping spree!
That's exactly my psychological 'problem': the word 'awareness' or 'mindfulness' work WAY better for me, as 'diet' and 'ban' will force me into the opposite I presume... :confused1::-s:shocked:

Gosh I have missed so much. What blue bag did you sell? I’m on the fence about the size of the Jumbo in blue. The metallic Diorama comes in blue and I’m actively eyeing it now. I love your Metallic Flaps they are such stunning pieces. The Hermes definitely needs to be in color as the saturation on their colors looks amazing and frankly I don’t want to shell out 10k for a black bag. Red would be excellent but that would mean I need to part with my 10c red which I’ll never do. BTW I see you’ve converted to a Lamb girl
I sold the Kate Spade mini A which was really of no consequence. But it was a placeholder that kept me from buying a multi use blue bag. So, that is on my radar for sometime over the next two years. No idea which bag just yet. I "only" have my colbalt Miss Dior and my teal nubuck Gucci tote. So, a cobalt or navy blue satchel would be a nice add.

I agree on a big question mark about shelling out $10k for a black bag. But, I've also been trying to ensure that my most expensive bags my most used bags (which will often be black) so I have my "best" every day - not for rarely used special occasion.

Would red be an option for a B or K if you get ghw? I wear red enough where I need both.
And yea, I made the jump to the lamb for my red flap. But...:sneaky: I've worn both the caviar and the lamb since I got the lamb. I'm having a hard time parting with the SF. :huh: I want both but know it makes no sense to own both.

Thank you! I need to learn to be more selective. I’m getting tired of the merry go round of purchasing and then selling because it doesn’t work for me! KWIM
I absolutely know what you mean. :doh: I was doing a lot of buying and selling up until very recently because I wasn't buying well. 2017 is the first year I feel good (overall) about how I did. But, it's taken years to get a decent amount of discipline.

Anyone up for a challenge in January to help us appreciate and shop our closets?

15 in 31 - Pick 15 bags and only wear those
(helps with rotation)

3 in 31 - Pick 3 bags and only wear those
(helps with appreciating certain bags)

Never wear Wednesday (or Saturday) - Gets usage on little worn bags

Only wear a certain style or color - Creates a fun challenge to style a certain type / color & gives that more usage.

Pick your 3 least used bags and wear each twice this month - Gets usage on little work bags

I vote for the last challenge. I think it would work well for what can be a weather challenged month for many. And it can encourage us to appreciate and re-style some hidden jewels in my closet.

What do you all think?

Anyone up for a challenge in January to help us appreciate and shop our closets?

15 in 31 - Pick 15 bags and only wear those
(helps with rotation)

3 in 31 - Pick 3 bags and only wear those
(helps with appreciating certain bags)

Never wear Wednesday (or Saturday) - Gets usage on little worn bags

Only wear a certain style or color - Creates a fun challenge to style a certain type / color & gives that more usage.

Pick your 3 least used bags and wear each twice this month - Gets usage on little work bags

I vote for the last challenge. I think it would work well for what can be a weather challenged month for many. And it can encourage us to appreciate and re-style some hidden jewels in my closet.

What do you all think?
All good challenges, but for me, I can’t do the second one. I’m used to changing my bag practically every day. I’ll do the last one with you, Spark!

Reactions: Sparkletastic