2018 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Here’s my March purchase and a “red” bag I’m looking for. [emoji4] I’m quite shy when it comes to red and I like carrying light-colored bag so this is quite a balance for me. I’m waiting for my birthday to break it out. [emoji4] The gold hardware is nice and not common in my closet. I tend to go with silver hardware so this is quite a change for me, but I like it. I think the bag wouldn’t be as pretty if it has silver hardware. [emoji4] I also like the compartments.

Now, I can’t wait for my birthday! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

View attachment 4005504

The back has slip pocket which fits my mobile.
View attachment 4005505

The compartments
View attachment 4005506

Very interesting that they call the white “limestone”. I was thinking something else. [emoji848]
View attachment 4005507

What a cool bag. I agree, it wouldn’t be as nice with silver HW. The gold is a nice balance with the red and white. And the back slip pocket makes it so much more functional!

Reactions: vink and dcooney4
Here’s my March purchase and a “red” bag I’m looking for. [emoji4] I’m quite shy when it comes to red and I like carrying light-colored bag so this is quite a balance for me. I’m waiting for my birthday to break it out. [emoji4] The gold hardware is nice and not common in my closet. I tend to go with silver hardware so this is quite a change for me, but I like it. I think the bag wouldn’t be as pretty if it has silver hardware. [emoji4] I also like the compartments.

View attachment 4005504

View attachment 4005505

The compartments
View attachment 4005506

Very interesting that they call the white “limestone”. I was thinking something else. [emoji848]
View attachment 4005507
Happy birthday, vink!!! (How odd it's called 'limestone'- huh! When they do that to me in stores, I get paranoid I'm not seeing the color properly in the usually-darkish light! But in this case, I remember thinking that too when I saw actual limestone...)

Reactions: vink

View attachment 4005504

View attachment 4005505

The compartments
View attachment 4005506

View attachment 4005507
Happy birthday and congratulations on your lovely bday bag!
Best wishes on resolving the bullying issue (sorry to hear you and your DD are going through this) and have a great vacation in HK.

Last edited:

View attachment 4005504

View attachment 4005505

The compartments
View attachment 4005506

View attachment 4005507
great wine colour! :tup:
happy birthday!! :flowers:

View attachment 4005504

View attachment 4005505

The compartments
View attachment 4005506

View attachment 4005507

Pretty bag! Happy early birthday!

Hi again ... i’ve been out of pocket for a long time now. Family issues have kept me so occupied, especially my mental energy. I do lurk quite a bit, though basically I’m ridiculously behind.

Even though I am weeks late, I am still going to post my colors which have not changed much over the last year. Here goes my rainbow to date:
Red ... Posted these already
Orange… Nothing
Yellow… Nothing

Green:
349DE17D-41EF-4AA0-9504-294A6FC4CC3E.jpeg

Blue:
9AFE321A-61EC-4717-803A-ACEA0F6D19CF.jpeg

C72B3132-ECDC-4AE2-98FB-B7BF22553DAB.jpeg
The pink, violet, magenta range
AEEBA6A0-D325-44FF-BB73-FB0DC9CC59F6.jpeg
F7161F03-21A5-463D-9B4C-EDEF20695DDE.jpeg AE39854F-C282-494C-B834-05EF66CFEE4F.jpeg

And finally black, which I’ll post larger than a thumbnail.

585B138F-5348-420B-852F-3FDA7C757DEB.jpeg

I think I’m up-to-date now and I hope to be present for all the fun talk that’s rolling out on this thread all the time. Thanks!

Hi again ... i’ve been out of pocket for a long time now. Family issues have kept me so occupied, especially my mental energy. I do lurk quite a bit, though basically I’m ridiculously behind.

Even though I am weeks late, I am still going to post my colors which have not changed much over the last year. Here goes my rainbow to date:
Orange… Nothing
Yellow… Nothing

Green:
View attachment 4005806

Blue:
View attachment 4005807

View attachment 4005808
View attachment 4005809
View attachment 4005814 View attachment 4005817

View attachment 4005825

I think I’m up-to-date now and I hope to be present for all the fun talk that’s rolling out on this thread all the time. Thanks!
Hi westvillage, I hope things get smoothed out with respect to the family issues. I like the colour of your green Le Pliage and your blue Pillow. Your Sophia Coppola and Ferragamo (is it magenta or violet?) are gorgeous. I love your black Trim! Great to see you pop in. Thanks for sharing all of your gorgeous eye candy!

I guess I lost my old post so here I go again lol. If I posted twice, my bad.

I’m tempted by a Coach camera bag, but I don’t think it’s worth breaking the ban for. So no new bag yet. I’m also tempted by the idea of a bright red bag, the idea has still been there since Lunar New Year.

IMG_2861.jpg

I’ve been taking my new Pochette Metis for a spin, there’s subtle differences from my old one, but this one is fine too. I have to keep tanning this one though.

The luggage tag stamp obsession I have is keeping me occupied. There’s some places that are really hard to get, so the hunt is on.

I changed my LV tags every day for two-ish weeks to rotate through all of them, and I wore them in pairs. [emoji4] so even though I’m collecting, I’m using them and they spark joy. Now it’ll be time to rotate through the Coach ones

Orange… Nothing
Yellow… Nothing

Green:
View attachment 4005806

Blue:
View attachment 4005807

View attachment 4005808
View attachment 4005809
View attachment 4005814 View attachment 4005817

View attachment 4005825

Nice to see you! I hope your family issues get resolved soon. You have a really yummy collection of black bags — so many great leathers and textures! As an H fan, I especially love your black Trim, do you use it a lot?

Hi westvillage, I hope things get smoothed out with respect to the family issues. I like the colour of your green Le Pliage and your blue Pillow. Your Sophia Coppola and Ferragamo (is it magenta or violet?) are gorgeous. I love your black Trim! Great to see you pop in. Thanks for sharing all of your gorgeous eye candy!

Thanks so much More bags (that name describes me; I’m never satisfied.). The green Le Pliage is a new purchase ... year end ‘17, although it was a beaten-up return at Nordstrom Rack. I thought the color was different, something like teal but greener ... called Cedar. I seem to remember seeing one on this thread. I can’t remember when it was in LC’s lineup of colors. The little Ferragamo, which I struggle to find occasions to wear ... it’s so small ... is magenta-ish. I saw a full size Ferragamo in this style in purple at a resale shop but that long curved zipper is hard to open and close quickly so I passed on it. One is enough:smile:

Nice to see you! I hope your family issues get resolved soon. You have a really yummy collection of black bags — so many great leathers and textures! As an H fan, I especially love your black Trim, do you use it a lot?

Thank you so much! I’ve had the Trim II hobo a long time; I think I’ m down to less that $5 a wearing just off the top of my head, probably less. The leather, Clemence, is wonderful to look at. I do wear it maybe 10-15 times a year. I also have the red one in Togo that I mostly wear fall and through the holidays. I recently had a flirtation with a Trim II in blue but I wanted sapphire and I wasn’t sure that’s exactly the color that would have arrived so I passed. The return wasn’t in the US so ... hassle. I think you’ve seen the fraternal twins already but here they are again. Wouldn’t a sapphire look gorgeous with them ...

6242E77F-9B25-42A4-A3FB-B92207C5B0F3.jpeg

Thanks so much More bags (that name describes me; I’m never satisfied.). The green Le Pliage is a new purchase ... year end ‘17, although it was a beaten-up return at Nordstrom Rack. I thought the color was different, something like teal but greener ... called Cedar. I seem to remember seeing one on this thread. I can’t remember when it was in LC’s lineup of colors. The little Ferragamo, which I struggle to find occasions to wear ... it’s so small ... is magenta-ish. I saw a full size Ferragamo in this style in purple at a resale shop but that long curved zipper is hard to open and close quickly so I passed on it. One is enough:smile:
That’s funny you bring up my screen name, I was thinking recently how it doesn’t reflect how I feel about my bag wardrobe at the moment. I chose the name 10 years ago :eek: and I obviously was not very creative in selecting it. I was just getting into designer bags and I was in the build phase of my bag wardrobe, so more focused on acquiring rather than thinking what kind of collection do I want to curate. Our lives change, our needs change and our tastes change. I am satisfied and content with my bag wardrobe (at the moment), I love and use what I have. Boy, there is a lot of bag temptation on this thread, the Trims are certainly lovely. I don’t have any bags on my radar that I am stalking. I am open to a mindful purchase, however any new addition needs to compete with what I already have or fill a distinctive gap. I think I heard that from @papertiger :yes: and @Sparkletastic

Thank you so much! I’ve had the Trim II hobo a long time; I think I’ m down to less that $5 a wearing just off the top of my head, probably less. The leather, Clemence, is wonderful to look at. I do wear it maybe 10-15 times a year. I also have the red one in Togo that I mostly wear fall and through the holidays. I recently had a flirtation with a Trim II in blue but I wanted sapphire and I wasn’t sure that’s exactly the color that would have arrived so I passed. The return wasn’t in the US so ... hassle. I think you’ve seen the fraternal twins already but here they are again. Wouldn’t a sapphire look gorgeous with them ...

View attachment 4006333
Beautiful black and red sisters. I have a Sapphire So Kelly - yes, I agree, a Sapphire Trim would be a great addition to your collection!