2018 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

number 9 out of 15 total list for January is on the stage today, a special bag, BV Cabat, to support a special shawl - my latest acquisition fro the Orange House, Jaguar Quetzal (plus new driving gloves from them as well)
Beautiful outfit, the colors are so vibrant, that shade of blue looks great with your hair.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: ksuromax
View attachment 3937324
Your Clemmie clutch is beautiful! How did you style it? And what opera did you see? I'm going to a concert tonight with our 18yo son. It's one of his birthday gifts. I only want to park once when we drive into the city so we will have to walk from parking to dinner and then to the concert venue so I will be wearing warm clothing and my boots will have to be able to handle a few blocks of outdoor walking. The pic is of the bag I will be wearing tonight, my Burberry crossbody. This bag has been everywhere with me and I am not worried about anything happening to it. If I get a decent mod shot I will post a pic.
This is my cup of tea.

Reactions: can_do_mom
6) and 7) @Sparkletastic asked two questions - first, what were things that I didn't like that I now like? Secondly, how do I find the shoulder strap on dome shaped bags?

I got the Alma eight years ago. At the time, I preferred it as a hand carry bag and straps were not sold with Vernis Almas. Fast forward and now straps are available for Almas and separately purchased straps are common and popular. When I first saw the Alma PMs carried with the strap I didn't like it, I preferred this style hand carried. My lifestyle has evolved and I find shoulder bags more practical for keeping up with two young, active boys. So, I have also evolved to appreciate shoulder straps on bags I think of as hand carry bags. :blush:

As for straps on dome shaped bags, I find it a practical addition to give flexibility to the number of ways a bag can be carried. I have a Bolide and Coco Handle with the top handle and straps. These bags work for me with the strap on the shoulder. I think another consideration is if you want to carry the bag crossbody, does the bag have rigid stand up handles or do the handles fold down like the Alma - do the handles hit you in the armpit or is it uncomfortable and is the strap long enough to comfortably accommodate crossbody carry? I can carry both of these bags crossbody. It's more challenging with a thick winter coat. I hope it helps.

View attachment 3937333

Managing the wardrobe - bags that were pushed out by acquisitions

I was fortunate to make some acquisitions last year. This gave me the opportunity to release/rehome some bags.

View attachment 3937356

8) I brought home an Hermes Etain Bolide 31. My Louis Vuitton Verone Suhali Lockit PM (goatskin) was not being carried often (hand carry only, no strap). The colour, size and function overlapped with the Bolide. I had loved the bag when I purchased it and loved the dressy, neutral bag. It was released to go to someone else who could love it and carry it more than I did.

View attachment 3937377

9) The addition of the burgundy Coco Handle allowed the exit of my Salvatore Ferragamo Ginny Shoulder Bag in Rouge Noir. I love burgundy bags. I bought this Ginny bag in Vancouver when I went to one of my cousin's wedding. I also bought shoes in Rouge Noir. The Ginny was one of my least used bags in 2017. I contemplated selling it and did my usual wear and evaluate period. It is a smaller capacity bag. I loved wearing it, the colour, the style - all good. I decided to keep it. Once I added the burgundy Coco Handle I felt comfortable releasing the Ginny instead of trying to make it work. The Coco Handle has more capacity and I like it more than the Ginny.

10) Current Size of Handbag Wardrobe
@bakeacookie asked how many bags do we own and what's included.
I currently have 21 bags, that includes Longchamp Le Pliage, Chanel Wallet On Chain and clutches. I exclude sport specific bags, nylon backpacks and travel bags, I have six. All in count would be 21 bags + 6 specific function bags = 27.

Phew, stayed tuned because we know the story will continue to grow and evolve through the year. :coolio::graucho::rolleyes:
Your bags are stunning. I like your thought process . I have slowly been refining my collection to what really works for me as well.

Reactions: More bags
They do! I very much like them!
I have a few Lodis wallets (4 [emoji38]) and I still love my very first one even though it is getting faded. I posted about it in the 2017 thread - it’s a gorgeous metallic green, with flowers and I would Love. To. Replace it with another just like it. It says ‘Lodis Los Angeles’ inside it... I think it might be a very early model?
I have some of their wallets as well. They are so well thought out when it comes to organization and colors.

Just popping in to say "hi." Lots of pretty bags posted and gorgeous colors! To everyone who is sick, I hope you feel better soon. I had bronchitis, which turned into double ear infections and then got dehydrated. In between this my best friend's mother died, whom I've known for 50 years. She was diagnosed with cancer the week before Christmas and passed away last Saturday. Wake and funeral are over, it was like losing my second mother. I haven't bought any bags, haven't done the challenge and there are so many posts I would like to respond to, but pretty much feel like a truck hit me. I'll be back in when I'm a little more myself. Keep your sanitizer handy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Hobbsy, I'm so sorry for your loss . Your friend is lucky to have you to talk to at this rough time.

Reactions: Hobbsy
If I want to cheat on the least used challenge, I would say that I’m using bag #2 today. Because this only got 1 use in November last year. But I only got it (preloved) then too!

In December, I asked a friend through Viber if she wanted to buy it from me. She said yes. But then we didn’t see each other for a while. And then last week I changed my mind. I will keep this. My issue with it is it is shaped a little differently from my pink one. I guess leathers are different and this one was not stored as well as the pink.

Marc Jacobs Single XL with baroque hardware.
View attachment 3937766

A side story: I attended a business meeting today (I forgot I had this meeting when I dressed up this morning so I was dressed more casually than I would have preferred). Prior to the start of the meeting, the lady CFO of the other company was going around and exchanging niceties with us. We were together in a conference abroad before (maybe in 2010) so we are really not strangers to each other. We even had bag talks then! I didn’t realize she was behind me and she said, “oh, do you have colds?” This because I had on a scarf!! Lol! It was a funny exchange after that, difficult to translate in English because it was “gay speak” in our language. Incidentally, she was wearing a Chanel GST today. Another time it was a Chanel flap. At that time we were together abroad she was in D&B. I think she has “upgraded” her brands since.
Love the look! The shoes are awesome!

Reactions: msd_bags
Morning all, catching up on a lot of posts and loving the pics and discussions going on.

Wanted to share my current collection, bags I have recently let go of, bags I’m contemplating letting go off and my wishlist for this year. Hope it’s not too long for everyone [emoji4]

A) Current collection

1. CHANEL

Classic Jumbo black with GHW
Classic Reissue black with GHW in size 224
City Rock Goatskin Red Flap bag with Ruthenium HW
Chanel CC Quilted black L-Zip Wallet with GHW

2. LOUIS VUITTON

Black Artsy MM
Speedy B25 in DE canvas
Retiro NM with black leather trim
St Germain MM black with GHW
Favorite MM in DA canvas
Pochette Accessoires NM in DE
Mini Pouchette In DE
Compact Curieuse Wallet black with GHW
Sarah Wallet in curieuse (fuschia pink)
Key Pouch in DE
Toiletry 15 in Mono

3. SAINT LAURENT

Monogram shopper bag black with GHW
Medium Betty bag red with GHW
Small studded Betty bag

4. MULBURY

Cross body bag black with GHW
Old style bayswater bag in oak

5. BOTTEGA
Small intrecciato Nappa Olimpia bag in beige
Large Pouch/Clutch in grey metallic (don’t know the exact name of the color)

6. DIOR

Miss Dior Promenade in Blue
Medium Lady Dior black with GHW

7. ANYA HINDMACH

Large clutch

8. ALEXANDER MCQUEEN

Large Pouch/Clutch

9. RUSSLE & BROMLEY

Pouch Pouch
Multi-glitter Shoulder bag

10. ASPINAL OF LONDON

Large pouch

11. HARRODS
Small cosmetics pouch

12. Local designer where I stay

Silver Box clutch
Gold Box clutch
Bronze Square clutch

13. GUCCI

Card holder

14. HOTIC TURKIYE (Turkish brand)

Medium-sized bag

B) Bags I recently let go off end of 2017:

1. LV Pont Neuf in purple

I honestly did not use this bag and I couldn’t justify keeping it in my collection. It was actually my oldest bag at the time; I got it in 2010 and it was still in pristine condition.

2. Gucci mini soho disco - too small for my needs and I only used it once since I got it about 2/3 years ago

3. Fendi 2jours in grey - loved it but it had started slouching and it was getting to me. Decided to sell whilst I could still get a fair price for it.

C) Bags I’m contemplating letting go of:

1. Saint Laurent Monogram shopper - the central zipper compartment gets to me. It tends to bulge out when you put stuff in it and makes it uncomfortable to place things in the other two compartments. Still on the fence on it and trying to see if I can still make it work.......I will get another black tote to fill its space if I end up letting it go

2. Saint Laurent small studded Betty - used only once and it’s been in my closet since then. I’ve realized smallish/mini bags don’t work for me so I’m letting this go. I know the miss Dior promenade falls into the smallish/mini category but the multiple card slots it provides is the reason it’s still in my collection.

D) Wish list for 2018

1. Navy blue shoulder bag with SHW - looking at a;

a. Céline Medium Classic Box in goatskin or calfskin
b. My Lady Dior in midnight blue lambskin

2. Medium sized backpack for travel use - haven’t seen anything I like yet (though I recently looked at the MCM range)

3. Medium sized black tote for work - only one possible prospect so far and it’s the bottega medium chain bag

4. Carry-on bag in dark brown or chocolate for traveling - originally was set on the LV keepall 45 but LV quality issues is giving me pause. Plus do I really want to spend so much on a carry on luggage?

So that’s it for me so far. I will adjust as my needs change over the course of the year. Thanks for letting me share [emoji4]
I think your list sounds good. Can I ask what you use all the pouches for? I don't use my clutches or pouches and I need to start as there is a mulberry one I want but it needs to get used if I buy it.

Reactions: kemi
I think your list sounds good. Can I ask what you use all the pouches for? I don't use my clutches or pouches and I need to start as there is a mulberry one I want but it needs to get used if I buy it.

Thank you dcooney4.

I use my pouches mainly to hold items.

1. My McQueen Pouch I use as my iPad case

2. The russle & bromley Pouch stows my passport and travel documents.

3. My aspinal of london pouch is my permanent keep-all for miscellaneous items in my work tote; so items like my Cheque-book, pen, mini note pad, aspirin, head phones in a soft cloth, etc are in there

4. My LV key pouch stores my bank tokens (where I leave we use them to generate codes for online bank transactions)

5. My Harrods pouch stores my daily makeup items in my totes.

6. When I need to downsize to say my jumbo, saint Germaine, reissue and other such bags I use my mini pouchette, toiletry 15 and Gucci card case to hold items.

7. My clutches I use strictly for dressy events; dinners, black tie functions and such

Hope this helps [emoji4]

Which Mulberry bag is this? Not so clear to me on my screen. I like the outfit!

Thank you! It is this one:

Get well soon everyone! [emoji253] I might have caught a cold, too...

Took my new to me Mulberry Clemmie clutch to the opera yesterday. It is very roomy and survived a few drops of rain. I have decided to use my clutch bags more so this was a perfect opportunity!

View attachment 3936763

Reactions: msd_bags