2018 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Good morning (afternoon or evening depending on where you are [emoji4]) everyone!
I’ve had a few people ask me for a few more pictures of Miss Alligator, and I am more than happy to comply!
I wish I had more information about her, there is no tag inside or on the hardware. The only thing I have been able to find is another bag that the seller says is from the ‘60s - it has a similar looking lining but it has a logo on the interior pocket and mine does not.
She has a little wear on the edges, I think it’s just dryness, a few scales have some places where the color is faded.
But she is beautiful.
View attachment 3936028
View attachment 3936030
View attachment 3936031
View attachment 3936032
O.M.G. this is even more stunning than I thought from your first picture. WOWZA. Just perfect. Fabulous color. Great shape.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Okay - whew.
I am just a little wound up.
I also had scarf mail - another bandana!
View attachment 3936220
Woot!

And then I opened the box with the Drag 2.
It’s in amazing shape - beautiful leather, with only a few very faint marks and very clean inside. I’m so pleased with it! I will have to arm carry it, the drop isn’t quite enough for me (at 6” tall this is not unusual), but it feels comfortable and the size is great for me - not too big, not too small.
View attachment 3936233View attachment 3936234
And lastly - a very happy me!
View attachment 3936239
Perfect!!! A drag is still a dream bag for me (and I have B, K, bolide, and others!). You found a great one. The leather looks amazing, and the color is awesome - kind of a bright and light rouge H? what year is it?

I'm so sorry to hear about the flu. This is supposed to be a bad year for it. I don't want to be alarming but two friends (they are sisters) lost a sister to the flu. She was in good health before her diagnosis and was only 62. Please take care! :heart:
Thanks, I am back to good now, just have a dumb lingering cough from time to time. Although, we deal with two allergy seasons here too, so it may even be allergies on top of the recuperation. :yucky:

Reactions: pianolize
Okay - whew.
View attachment 3936220
Woot!

It’s in amazing shape - beautiful leather, with only a few very faint marks and very clean inside. I’m so pleased with it! I will have to arm carry it, the drop isn’t quite enough for me (at 6” tall this is not unusual), but it feels comfortable and the size is great for me - not too big, not too small.
View attachment 3936239
Beautiful bag, beautiful scarf, beautiful smile!
Definitely a red leather (letter-get it?) day! :yahoo:

The biggest difference is that Version 3 can have its own data plan. You don't have to be tied to your phone any longer. So you can make calls, take and make text messages, etc - all without your phone.

I didn't opt to do that because I didn't want an additional data plan… I know it's not that much more but - jeepers - we already have 5 phones and 2 iPads with plans. Plus I still feel a bit foolish talking to my watch.

This watch is a little smaller than my old one but not by a lot. It does a better job of health related things - keeps great track of heart rates and things like that. I used to have my old watch on the Modular face - told me the date, I could see my calendar, the time where I am and the time in HI, the weather, and my fitness data. Because this is the Hermes watch - I left it on the Hermes face (tho I did change the numbers to a more 'standard' font) because Mr Cookie paid a bit for that! But with the new watch, all I have to do is press the button next to the red round one on the right hand side and it shows me my last 8 used apps! So I can still easily see my calendar, the weather, my fitness and or heart rate, and the timer (which I use a lot!).
It does a better job with phone calls and text messages too and seems to be really good at voice to text.
https://www.apple.com/watch/compare/
Thank you, Cookie for all the Apple Watch info! :tup:

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Perfect!!! A drag is still a dream bag for me (and I have B, K, bolide, and others!). You found a great one. The leather looks amazing, and the color is awesome - kind of a bright and light rouge H? what year is it?
Thank you! It is Rouge H, from 2003 (G in a square).
I’m truly amazed by it, I keep walking by it and smiling. [emoji38]

I love this bag. Especially the top zip. I'm glad she's getting some use. I would love to have this bag but it's another one I heard about after it was gone from stores. :-s

Why not work with the color of the bag? Pair it with all black or all brown outfits to let the color do the work of making the outfit intriguing.
Thanks! I think it's just me, but somehow I am not very comfortable with the contrast of black and red. That's why I paired my black blouse with grey pants (sometimes it will be a darker grey). Btw, I am wearing this bag again for the 2nd day. I wanted so much to change out last night, but I told myself I want to complete the 2nd half of the challenge of wearing the bag twice!

Thanks for your input! Chanels just look so gorgeous.. I am currently obsessed with the idea of owning either a medium or jumbo double flap.

My ideal 5 bag scenario is (1) Balenciaga Velo (just got recently, I'm loving taking it out for a day in SF, I don't feel stressed about baby-ing it because the leather already looked distressed). (2) LV Neverfull MM (days when I just want to throw everything quickly into 1 bag (3) Prada Daino Vitello Tote- this is the one with a strap, I would like to take this to work when I'm wearing something feminine and dressy. (4) A medium-ish bag that has a crossbody option that I would use as casual/formal (from LV I like to have 1 monogram item and 1 uncommon print i.e. empreinte, tahitienne, etc). (5) The Chanel as a casual but also formal bag. I noticed that I tend to buy a lot of SLGs when I have a special event coming up (i.e. company holiday party) and I tell myself something like "Well, you'll use this tonight and likely a few times going out to dinner..... Why not limit yourself to $800 or so- don't go nuts and spend over $1.4K". And it's this 'placating logic' that actually fails because I find myself buying more often and I might as well have just gotten the Chanel flap even at a brand new price.
Wow, you have a very nice capsule collection!!

Nesting season for me, too. I'm down with pleurisy, bronchitis, and laryngitis. Feh. :annoyed:
It's viral, not bacterial, so at least I don't have to take antibiotics (which I hate doing), so I'm going to settle down in front of the fireplace with a hot toddy: ginger, lemon, turmeric, and hot water. Keep sipping until I either fall asleep or I stop coughing, whichever comes first.
Get well soon Elaine!!

Hope you feel better soon! I’m also had home under the weather. Can’t break my fever. I don’t remember being this sick in a long time. The fever is just annoying cuz I’m so hot that there’s steam forming on my glasses. I’m so annoyed.
Hope you feel better soon!
@CoachMaven - Hope you are better too!
I'd also like to hear from others who have straps with these dome shaped bags. @msd_bags, @dcooney4, @papertiger, I think you ladies have Almas and Bolides with straps? Anyone else? I don't have a strap for my Prada. I think it would be too unwieldy. Maybe a slightly smaller dome shaped bag than I have????
I really don't favor this strap placement on the Alma. I much prefer my straps on the sides. But, since I use a long strap for emergencies only or for aesthetic reasons, I could live with it. :smile:
Okay - whew.
View attachment 3936220
Woot!

View attachment 3936239
Beautiful bag and bandana!!! And you glow too!! Enjoy your new bag!

Last edited:
The kids and I are at the theatre, about to see Wonder. Have any of you seen it?

Yes! Good movie and great book! My students love the book and I can't keep Auggie & Me (Three Wonder Stories) on the shelves. Enjoy!
@can_do_mom, enjoy your evening at the movie! I’m with Rikireads - great book, good movie. I read Wonder with my 10 year old DS and watched the movie with the 10 year old and my 7 year old DS. I enjoyed the movie and both boys liked it too. The 7 year old is reading it with his class right now.

Pulled out one of my favorite bags today. I don't use her very often on purpose. I want her to last me a really long time. I also consider her to be dressier that typical, so she mostly goes to church and out to dinner. [emoji4] Coach gathered leather Juliette in magenta. View attachment 3936585

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
carterazo, you have the most beautiful, saturated, colourful bags and keep bringing out lovely bags like this one. I love it :love: