2018 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Yay, finally able to wear bag #1 for the least used challenge!! This got 2 uses in 2017. It’s part of my main collection so it should get more use.

I think I mentioned in the 2017 thread that one hesitation with this bag is the very gold tone hardware. But it’s a really nice bag. Wonderful red. Wonderful leather! And I got this brand new through my sister (only US billing address allowed) from Hautelook. No reason not to be in love with it as this is from the collection line of Marc Jacobs in 2013. Made in Italy. Really beautiful!! (Elaine has the smaller size.) So I don’t really understand why I have to force myself to use it. Maybe something to do also with MJ being no longer in the premier league?? I know it’s snobbery, no offense to anyone, but I’m really trying to find the reason for not craving for this. And my bags are more contemporary and at the lower end of premiere really.

Anyway, I walked to my desk from the car without the scarf. I just put it on later. Too much color to compensate for the black top, lol.
View attachment 3935564
ETA; I think the bigger picture shows the more true to life color of the bag. It's not called Flame Red for nothing!
It is a gorgeous bag. It looks quite large though. Could that be why you don't grab it often?

my next one out of 12 scheduled, not that i needed to boost her rotation, she's pretty new (one of 2 i got for my BDay in Oct), i just WANTED to use it :P so, today it's out and does the job nicely without dragging away any bit of attention from my Holiest of all Grails - Hermes Christmas scarf i've been chasing like mad for almost a year!!
Finally! it's mine! debuting today :biggrin:
I love the strap drop on your tote. The scarf is so beautiful.

i decided to wear the grey tote today to take a final decision on that bag i have been mulling over, it's also Bal and also calfskin.
Velvety silky leather has tilted my scale towards going for it.
i have checked all the prices, options, re-sale market to make sure it's a good deal..
finally, i clicked that damn button and placed the order.
Hope, it will be a '100% success' as we agreed to call this :biggrin:
Report back when you receive her! :smile: I'm excited for you!
It is a gorgeous bag. It looks quite large though. Could that be why you don't grab it often?
Actually, it's one reason. Definitely it's an office bag because of its size. I think it is 14" or 14.5" across. If I had the mini size like Elaine's (and Louvigilante's too) there is bigger likelihood I would like it better.
I don't know why i can't stop thinking of it. Ugh! It is not on sale on their website and I think yesterday might have been the last day of instore sale.
I know the struggle!!

my next one out of 12 scheduled, not that i needed to boost her rotation, she's pretty new (one of 2 i got for my BDay in Oct), i just WANTED to use it :P so, today it's out and does the job nicely without dragging away any bit of attention from my Holiest of all Grails - Hermes Christmas scarf i've been chasing like mad for almost a year!!
So happy about your grail scarf! Also I am a sucker for fun contrast linings - this bag is perfect!

Reactions: ksuromax

This bag looks like such a joy to wear — the strap drop looks perfect for a tote. And I love how your scarf goes with your hair!

Reactions: ksuromax
Good morning (afternoon or evening depending on where you are [emoji4]) everyone!
I’ve had a few people ask me for a few more pictures of Miss Alligator, and I am more than happy to comply!
I wish I had more information about her, there is no tag inside or on the hardware. The only thing I have been able to find is another bag that the seller says is from the ‘60s - it has a similar looking lining but it has a logo on the interior pocket and mine does not.
She has a little wear on the edges, I think it’s just dryness, a few scales have some places where the color is faded.
But she is beautiful.
IMG_1516115635.782266.jpg
IMG_1516115659.884728.jpg
IMG_1516115676.018328.jpg
IMG_1516115691.505172.jpg

Bake your beautiful Bella has a longer snout then a Pekinese does so she should not have breathing issues in the future. My boy has the same shape head and eyes and has no issues.

She does so I hope she'll be fine in the future.

I'm getting a little wary though. She licked the handle of my Mulberry SBS yesterday.
Not sure if she finds it appetizing or she just wanted to lick the new thing near by. She likes to lick everything, so it's kind of hard to tell.