2018 Intel

muchstuff

Incorrigible Bagaholic
Authenticator
Jun 6, 2014
I lucked into finding the SA of my dreams today. Got a peek at the next season's look book and some more info re: what's staying, what's not. This is all according to this very knowledgeable SA:

-The classic HW is not being discontinued, although the emphasis will be on nickel HW not brass (didn't think to ask if the brass will be available at all).
-G12 is not going to be discontinued but will be limited. Bal's emphasis will be on ME, Blackout and Bazar bags.
-The 2018 Cities will not have a long strap. Only the Blackout bags will. But there will be a separate strap for purchase (at a horrendous price, quoted $665, CDN I hope). And it's logo'd of course. I only saw a pic of it in black with white logos and didn't think to ask re: colours.
-The Part Time is no more. The SA said he's even called Paris because apparently the PT sells well in Vancouver (where are they wearing them? I never see any!). Nothing available according to him.
-The Vancouver Bal store within a store will be stocking lots of City smalls and XS Bazar bags as these are the big sellers here. But the regular size can be ordered if they don't have it.
-Valentines Day Blackout won't be renewed. Emphasis on graffiti bags.
-Town is no more as we've already heard.
-Blackout will go to grained leather as we've already heard. I think this may have been mentioned, but I'll repeat if so...the smooth ones that we know are made in the same factory as the Hermes bags and are analine leather as opposed to the new grained calfskin.
-I asked about next season's tags and the whole alphabet conundrum but he didn't have any info.
-I have the names of a few colours for next season, I'll post them separately.

If I remember anything else I'll post it, I was frantically trying to make notes and take pics...here are some previews for next season. Keep in mind that these are not complete, I have too many to post, and it's very doubtful that Vancouver, without a stand-alone Bal boutique, is getting everything.
The last pic is a dark green BO bag that I saw at Holt Renfrew. Very pretty colour, a bit brighter IRL. Reminds me of sapin but a bit different. IMG_4956.JPG IMG_4957 (2).JPG IMG_4957 (3).JPG IMG_4958.JPG IMG_4959.JPG IMG_4962.JPG IMG_4965.JPG IMG_4966.JPG IMG_4972.JPG IMG_4974.JPG

Oh wow, thank you so so much for the info and all the great pictures!

On one hand I'm happy about g12 being safe. On the other hand, I'm not impressed with that price for a separate long strap. Yikes.
I keep hoping I'm wrong about the strap. Not that I'd buy one with the logo splashed all over it, sigh.

Forgot the disclaimer...everyone seems to be getting slightly different info from their respective SAs. Can't say with certainty whether or not all of the above is what's what but he seemed to know his stuff :smile:.

Awesome Much! Thanks for the info. I can practically imagining you taking noted & photos, just like a reporter! :biggrin::biggrin:

On G12, my side was saying discontinued :annoyed:. Or perhaps my country is not bringing that im instead? And on the Town, they are also discontinuing it in ME? As i know Town is still available in ME.

I saw the Green BO as well, love the color too, but not the leather :noworry:

And the Graffiti Papier !!!! It's so :nuts::nuts::nuts: !! Love it !!

Reactions: Kendie26
Awesome Much! Thanks for the info. I can practically imagining you taking noted & photos, just like a reporter! :biggrin::biggrin:

On G12, my side was saying discontinued :annoyed:. Or perhaps my country is not bringing that im instead? And on the Town, they are also discontinuing it in ME? As i know Town is still available in ME.

I saw the Green BO as well, love the color too, but not the leather :noworry:

And the Graffiti Papier !!!! It's so :nuts::nuts::nuts: !! Love it !!

Hah I knew you'd love the Papier! I think it's pretty cool too. Can't wait to see it IRL.
I can get in touch with the SA to clarify but he said that the Town was discontinued as the City small is the more popular shape.
And he definitely said the G12 would be available in limited amounts. But I don't now how much of this just applies to Canada. That's yet one more question I didn't ask, I was so excited to see his entire look book for next season! Perhaps certain styles are only applicable to certain regions? Seems silly IMHO.

You know me well !!! Now the Graffiti Papier wins my vote more than the BO if i only have enough dough to get 1 !! :love::blush:

I will be going to the boutique again early next week. Will try to "dig" more info ;):graucho:

Hah I knew you'd love the Papier! I think it's pretty cool too. Can't wait to see it IRL.
I can get in touch with the SA to clarify but he said that the Town was discontinued as the City small is the more popular shape.
And he definitely said the G12 would be available in limited amounts. But I don't now how much of this just applies to Canada. That's yet one more question I didn't ask, I was so excited to see his entire look book for next season! Perhaps certain styles are only applicable to certain regions? Seems silly IMHO.

You know me well !!! Now the Graffiti Papier wins my vote more than the BO if i only have enough dough to get 1 !! :love::blush:

I will be going to the boutique again early next week. Will try to "dig" more info ;):graucho:
And my SA said they have one of the Valentines Day BO City smalls left in stock. Same price as the BV small cervo Loop. Plus they had a black BO City small in the original leather. I want all three and can't afford any of them :crybaby:.