2017 Summer Sales Dates in Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillfabulous

Luxury Writer
O.G.
Aug 12, 2008
I am booking airline tickets today for July. If my recollection is correct, the Hermes summer sale dates should fall within the last two weeks of July.

I ran a few searches here in the H forums, but did not find a match for this summer. Can anyone confirm for me the exact dates for 2017?

~merci beaucoup!

The specific dates aren't usually announced this early.

Bonjour, Luvbolise!

Thank you for your reply. This is what I've found thus far:

"The summer 2017 balances begin on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 8 am and end on Tuesday, August 8, 2017 (with exceptions)."
Source: https://translate.googleusercontent...LkJrhgDpTlbOg5DL6Clar80DKh47XR4rg#forum132068

if my recollection is correct, Hermès (as well as other boutiques) do not participate in "soldes d'été" throughout the entire period permitted by the French government. Instead, each Maison selects their sales dates within a smaller window of time that occurs within the larger window of permissible time authorized by the French government. Since we are less than two months out from the commencement of the 2017 summer sales dates, I would hope (really, really hope) that the sales dates for Hermès for the mothership would be known to someone by now.

Perhaps one of our tPF members residing in Paris would know. I'll try to send an email to MaiTai. It seems she would know the period des soldes d'été, n'est-ce pas?

Hermes certainly knows their sales dates. They have a long pattern of not disclosing the dates until rather close to the date. This has happened at every H sale that I am aware of.

People/shoppers who are given the information early generally do not disclose it until the dates are made public by H. H can be quirky and we must all abide by their rules.

There is a sale in SF this year; the date was announced publicly a month before. That is H's timeline...sigh...

Reactions: lulilu and Meta
Hermes certainly knows their sales dates. They have a long pattern of not disclosing the dates until rather close to the date. This has happened at every H sale that I am aware of.

People/shoppers who are given the information early generally do not disclose it until the dates are made public by H. H can be quirky and we must all abide by their rules.

There is a sale in SF this year; the date was announced publicly a month before. That is H's timeline...sigh...

Merci, Luvbolide!

I saw your post this week regarding the SF sale dates. It seems that one was announced about 5 weeks out. Wishing all our tPF people the best of luck at that sale and the one in NYC.
I think I will be OK with my Paris visit dates, so I am going to book flights now.

Bonjour, Luvbolise!

Thank you for your reply. This is what I've found thus far:

"The summer 2017 balances begin on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 8 am and end on Tuesday, August 8, 2017 (with exceptions)."
Source: https://translate.googleusercontent...LkJrhgDpTlbOg5DL6Clar80DKh47XR4rg#forum132068

if my recollection is correct, Hermès (as well as other boutiques) do not participate in "soldes d'été" throughout the entire period permitted by the French government. Instead, each Maison selects their sales dates within a smaller window of time that occurs within the larger window of permissible time authorized by the French government. Since we are less than two months out from the commencement of the 2017 summer sales dates, I would hope (really, really hope) that the sales dates for Hermès for the mothership would be known to someone by now.

Perhaps one of our tPF members residing in Paris would know. I'll try to send an email to MaiTai. It seems she would know the period des soldes d'été, n'est-ce pas?

"Les soldes" (a grand French tradition) and the H sale are only tangentially related.

The summer 2017 Hermès sale will take place Wednesday July 5 through Friday July 7 at the usual location (the Palais des Congrès, NOT one of the Paris Hermès stores). IMG_1494439490.743846.jpg

The sale is likely to feature women's scarves (all sizes), homewares, men's and women's RTW, men's and women's shoes, men's scarves, men's ties and gloves. As it is the summer sale we should also see belts. We are unlikely to see any jewellery (it usually features in the January sale). And forget about seeing any bags, they haven't featured in recent sales. Discounts are normally 40-50% off the Eurozone retail price.

The sale is a quite an experience and you should be prepared to queue a lot, especially if you go on the first day. There is loads more info on past sales and what to expect in old threads in this site: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/january-2017-hermes-sale-in-paris.955551/

If you are an Hermès fanatic the sale is well worth it. Now that the date is confirmed I'm booking my train ticket from London, hope to see other folks there!

I like the new trend - first time they have confirmed so early! Hope you have a great time and find some good stuff! Alas, I won't be lining up nearby you in line this time - way too hot for me in Paris in the summer!

Reactions: DavidFincher
Merci beaucoup, David!

I have a memorial service to attend on July 5th in the States, so I will try to book flights departing here on 6 July, which will arrive Paris on 7 July, which is the last day of Hermes Summer Soldes, according to your post. I'm wondering how well I will be equipped to navigate what's left of the sale pieces, having just arrived from an overseas flight. I expected to be overwhelmed with choice, but I'm certain the stock will have been thoroughly picked over by the last day. One can only hope that they continue to pull excess stock from the back to replenish the pieces on the sales floor--at least until there is no more to add.

"Do. Or do not. There is no try!" ~Yoda

Reactions: KH8
Merci beaucoup, David!

I have a memorial service to attend on July 5th in the States, so I will try to book flights departing here on 6 July, which will arrive Paris on 7 July, which is the last day of Hermes Summer Soldes, according to your post. I'm wondering how well I will be equipped to navigate what's left of the sale pieces, having just arrived from an overseas flight. I expected to be overwhelmed with choice, but I'm certain the stock will have been thoroughly picked over by the last day. One can only hope that they continue to pull excess stock from the back to replenish the pieces on the sales floor--at least until there is no more to add.

"Do. Or do not. There is no try!" ~Yoda
Each sales is difference and depends what you are looking for; i think for RTW usually they still have plenty until the very last minute; scarf wise 90 carre should have abundance but GMshawl could be sold out rather quickly, remember one time ONLY mousseline is available and there's NONE gmshawl left. Bracelet will gone fast if there's any and everything from men's should have plenty also. Good luck on the your shopping spree.

The summer 2017 Hermès sale will take place Wednesday July 5 through Friday July 7 at the usual location (the Palais des Congrès, NOT one of the Paris Hermès stores). View attachment 3694633

The sale is likely to feature women's scarves (all sizes), homewares, men's and women's RTW, men's and women's shoes, men's scarves, men's ties and gloves. As it is the summer sale we should also see belts. We are unlikely to see any jewellery (it usually features in the January sale). And forget about seeing any bags, they haven't featured in recent sales. Discounts are normally 40-50% off the Eurozone retail price.

The sale is a quite an experience and you should be prepared to queue a lot, especially if you go on the first day. There is loads more info on past sales and what to expect in old threads in this site: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/january-2017-hermes-sale-in-paris.955551/

If you are an Hermès fanatic the sale is well worth it. Now that the date is confirmed I'm booking my train ticket from London, hope to see other folks there!
Living in Paris, I will be in London this week ! Tant pis!!

Status
Not open for further replies.