2017 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! It's been about a month since I last checked in with this thread and things have definitely moved! I read about 100 pages of new posts. Congrats to those who got something new that they love, to those who have gotten rid of things, and to those who have stayed the course and shopped their closet.

With life being crazy, I have shopped my closet and stayed the course, of which I am very proud because I overcame the temptation to stress shop.

For February, 0 bags in, 19 bags out and 0 SLGs in or out (I ended up returning the LV cles I had bought). And March has also been a no buy so far.

I'm hoping to join in the thread more often from here on out.
19 bags out is outstanding- congratulations! How do you feel about your collection now?

Argh! Why is it to hard to part with some bags? :confused1: I finally listed the last of my purgatory bags.

I don't wear these bags. I have better replacements in my collection. I don't even really like them all that much anymore. Yet it was still hard to let go of these last few.

I hope someone buys them quickly. I need to get back the mind space they're taking up. :doh:

Argh! Why is it to hard to part with some bags? :confused1: I finally listed the last of my purgatory bags.

I don't wear these bags. I have better replacements in my collection. I don't even really like them all that much anymore. Yet it was still hard to let go of these last few.

I hope someone buys them quickly. I need to get back the mind space they're taking up. :doh:
Well done, Spark :tup: are they branded? Do you offer worldwide shipping?
As an overseas buyer i say it does help a lot, i bought from US, Oz, Japan... if your listing is more flexible that the others it will be easier to get them sold and gone sooner :smile: good luck!

Hi all! It's been about a month since I last checked in with this thread and things have definitely moved! I read about 100 pages of new posts. Congrats to those who got something new that they love, to those who have gotten rid of things, and to those who have stayed the course and shopped their closet.

With life being crazy, I have shopped my closet and stayed the course, of which I am very proud because I overcame the temptation to stress shop.

For February, 0 bags in, 19 bags out and 0 SLGs in or out (I ended up returning the LV cles I had bought). And March has also been a no buy so far.

I'm hoping to join in the thread more often from here on out.
Amazing result!!!! :tup: well done!
Do you mind me asking what brand you got moved on?? And how did make it with 19 (!) Bags???

Reactions: missie1
Well done, Spark :tup: are they branded? Do you offer worldwide shipping?
As an overseas buyer i say it does help a lot, i bought from US, Oz, Japan... if your listing is more flexible that the others it will be easier to get them sold and gone sooner :smile: good luck!
They are all branded - contemporary or premier. I haven't done overseas shipping because I've heard horror stories. But, I'm glad you mentioned this. I'll check into the details tomorrow because my real concern is around tracking throughout the process.

As part of my flurry of activity, I listed both of my black carefree bags and I'm hyperventilating a bit on that. But I'm clueless on a replacement. The goatskin MK Leigh bag that I'm selling was perfect in its time - super sturdy, roomy, slouchy, lightweight with handles for arm carry and an optional shoulder strap. It's seen all kinds of wild circumstances from moving cross country to a zombie survival camp. :lol: And it still looks pretty much like it did when I bought it. But the style is dated with a lot going on with all the straps and hardware. It was a not so successful kocknoff of a Bal. IMG_1929.JPG
I have no idea what carefree bag I should get to backfill the bag.

Reactions: ksuromax
19 bags out!!! That's amazing!

Thanks!

Whoa! 19 bags out! Great job!! And welcome back!

Thanks!

19 bags out is truly amazing! Way to go.

Thanks!

19 bags out is outstanding- congratulations! How do you feel about your collection now?

Thanks! Actually, I'm not particularly happy with many of my remaining bags. I'm thinking that there will be another cut and probably some purchases of purses I like better.

Amazing result!!!! :tup: well done!
Do you mind me asking what brand you got moved on?? And how did make it with 19 (!) Bags???

Thanks! I got rid of all of my Harveys Seatbelt bags (too heavy for my bad back), some Vera Bradley bags, my last Rebecca Minkoff, and my sister claimed a few bags that she had her eye on. I still have 22 bags, but I'm probably going to do another round of cuts.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks! Actually, I'm not particularly happy with many of my remaining bags. I'm thinking that there will be another cut and probably some purchases of purses I like better.

Thanks! I got rid of all of my Harveys Seatbelt bags (too heavy for my bad back), some Vera Bradley bags, my last Rebecca Minkoff, and my sister claimed a few bags that she had her eye on. I still have 22 bags, but I'm probably going to do another round of cuts.
Great job! :tup:
Thanks for answering :flowers:

Reactions: lvdreamer
They are all branded - contemporary or premier. I haven't done overseas shipping because I've heard horror stories. But, I'm glad you mentioned this. I'll check into the details tomorrow because my real concern is around tracking throughout the process.

As part of my flurry of activity, I listed both of my black carefree bags and I'm hyperventilating a bit on that. But I'm clueless on a replacement. The goatskin MK Leigh bag that I'm selling was perfect in its time - super sturdy, roomy, slouchy, lightweight with handles for arm carry and an optional shoulder strap. It's seen all kinds of wild circumstances from moving cross country to a zombie survival camp. :lol: And it still looks pretty much like it did when I bought it. But the style is dated with a lot going on with all the straps and hardware. It was a not so successful kocknoff of a Bal. View attachment 3644130
I have no idea what carefree bag I should get to backfill the bag.
Horror stories can happen everywhere ;) this should not stop/limit you from sales
you can put a remark "ready to ship in many countries, please check with me before bidding/buying" and take it further upon actual request :smile:

Horror stories can happen everywhere ;) this should not stop/limit you from sales
you can put a remark "ready to ship in many countries, please check with me before bidding/buying" and take it further upon actual request :smile:
I agree. Many people won't sell for themselves at all because of fears. But I've never had a serious issue in my selling (knock on wood). I just need to get educated so I can open up my market. I actually think a couple of the bags would do better internationally than in just the US.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

I hope you have quick sales and will be able to find bags you do like. :smile:

Reactions: lvdreamer
Actually, I'm not particularly happy with many of my remaining bags. I'm thinking that there will be another cut and probably some purchases of purses I like better.

You're doing a great job!!! :smile: Do you have a plan of attack for how you plan to rebuild your collection? This is so exciting. I can't wait to see how you approach it.

I hadn't heard of Harvey's seatbelt bags so I googled them. Right now they're showing a cute strawberry bucket that reminds me of Kate Spade's fun bags.
Love hearing again what everyone's goals are. I'm in a complete ban this year and trying to refine and pare down my collection - I've let go of a bag and 2 clutches now and nothing in so far.

@Sparkletastic love the new Gucci, congrats!
Thanks for the congrats. I've had the bag on the sofa so she sits next to me whenever I'm in the living room. LOL! I really like this bag. My problem though is I keep thinking of all the cute new pink clothes I "need" to buy to go with it. :amuse:

Continued contentment and happiness to you on your ban! And, congrats on your continued paring down. You've done a great job year over year of culling out a few bags here and there that didn't work for you.

Awwww, c'mon. You can't blame a girl for trying. What if I push it and call it plum??? :lol:

Thanks! I need to watch that show. A lot of my friends watch it and really enjoy it. And now that I know there is purse eye candy...:nuts:

I drooled a little when I pulled it out of the box.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I love glam. LOL! Thanks!
------

I bought it from Trendlee (hadn't purchased from them before) and was pleasantly surprised. They said there were "heavy" scuffs on the bag. I expanded the pictures and didn't see much of anything. And I even called and asked about the condition and they confirmed heavy scuffs. I took a chance on it and there are some very, very minor scuffs. I think with conditioner, I won't see them at all. So, that makes me feel good about Trendlee. If this is any indication of their typical approach, they are very conservative with their descriptions. That's in direct contrast with TheRealReal and Reebonz which are ridiculously (and very disappointingly) generous with their handbag condition descriptions.
Good try but your done with Bordeaux lol

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Wow congrats on the cuts and refining bags. WhT addition bags are on the purge list

Status
Not open for further replies.