2017 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got home and ran to open the box with my new (to me) handbag!! LOL!

This is one of my two planned purchases for the year - a burgundy workhorse. I needed something I can wear for work situations with minimal branding and enough capacity to carry everything I need but a laptop.

I'm thrilled I found this bag. Not only does it fit my workhorse criteria but it's also my third "bag that got away". I wanted this bag in this color the camel or the animal print.

My Gucci Cherry Gloss Stirrup Top Handle bag! :happydance:
View attachment 3642874 View attachment 3642873 This is how the bag looks "on" (the model is wearing the ombré version)
View attachment 3642858
The bag is really more raspberry than bordeaux which is fine because it will go well with most colors in my closet except red, give me a color I can pair well with blush pink (I really didn't feel I had a bag that worked well with that color) and give me flexibility to add more navy.

So, I'm really happy about a few things: I'm glad I found a beautiful workhorse at a good price with no obvious branding. I've wanted to add more Gucci to my collection (I used to have 3 and was down to 1). And, the raspberry color gives me an excuse to buy a true burgundy/ bordeaux bag down the road. :graucho:
Oh, get out of town! I love this bag and have drooled on pictures of it many times. The color is g o r g e o u s!! [emoji7][emoji7]
Congrats Sparkly woman!

Reactions: Sparkletastic

This is one of my two planned purchases for the year - a burgundy workhorse. I needed something I can wear for work situations with minimal branding and enough capacity to carry everything I need but a laptop.

I'm thrilled I found this bag. Not only does it fit my workhorse criteria but it's also my third "bag that got away". I wanted this bag in this color the camel or the animal print.

View attachment 3642874 View attachment 3642873 This is how the bag looks "on" (the model is wearing the ombré version)
View attachment 3642858
The bag is really more raspberry than bordeaux which is fine because it will go well with most colors in my closet except red, give me a color I can pair well with blush pink (I really didn't feel I had a bag that worked well with that color) and give me flexibility to add more navy.

So, I'm really happy about a few things: I'm glad I found a beautiful workhorse at a good price with no obvious branding. I've wanted to add more Gucci to my collection (I used to have 3 and was down to 1). And, the raspberry color gives me an excuse to buy a true burgundy/ bordeaux bag down the road. :graucho:

It's gorgeous!!!!!! Enjoy!

View attachment 3642858

Spark,

I love this bag for you. It's a great color and is very chic. I totally see this as staple in your work wardrobe. Nice try on the still need Bordeaux-You so don't btw....this bag feels that void

Spark,

I love this bag for you. It's a great color and is very chic. I totally see this as staple in your work wardrobe. Nice try on the still need Bordeaux-You so don't btw....this bag feels that void
Awwww, c'mon. You can't blame a girl for trying. What if I push it and call it plum??? :lol:
This is one stunning bag, Sparkletastic! One of my guilty pleasures is sometimes watching mindless tv. One of the shows that I watch is Suits. The characters dress well. On one episode, one of the main characters, Jessica, carried this bag in a brown color.

This bag has stayed on my mind since then. Congrats, it's beautiful!
Thanks! I need to watch that show. A lot of my friends watch it and really enjoy it. And now that I know there is purse eye candy...:nuts:
Oh, get out of town! I love this bag and have drooled on pictures of it many times. The color is g o r g e o u s!! [emoji7][emoji7]
Congrats Sparkly woman!
I drooled a little when I pulled it out of the box.
It's gorgeous!!!!!! Enjoy!
Thanks!
So glad you are thrilled, spark!
Thanks!
Beautiful Spark!! Workhorse plus glam!!
I love glam. LOL! Thanks!
------

I bought it from Trendlee (hadn't purchased from them before) and was pleasantly surprised. They said there were "heavy" scuffs on the bag. I expanded the pictures and didn't see much of anything. And I even called and asked about the condition and they confirmed heavy scuffs. I took a chance on it and there are some very, very minor scuffs. I think with conditioner, I won't see them at all. So, that makes me feel good about Trendlee. If this is any indication of their typical approach, they are very conservative with their descriptions. That's in direct contrast with TheRealReal and Reebonz which are ridiculously (and very disappointingly) generous with their handbag condition descriptions.

Last edited:
Hi all! It's been about a month since I last checked in with this thread and things have definitely moved! I read about 100 pages of new posts. Congrats to those who got something new that they love, to those who have gotten rid of things, and to those who have stayed the course and shopped their closet.

With life being crazy, I have shopped my closet and stayed the course, of which I am very proud because I overcame the temptation to stress shop.

For February, 0 bags in, 19 bags out and 0 SLGs in or out (I ended up returning the LV cles I had bought). And March has also been a no buy so far.

I'm hoping to join in the thread more often from here on out.

Hi all! It's been about a month since I last checked in with this thread and things have definitely moved! I read about 100 pages of new posts. Congrats to those who got something new that they love, to those who have gotten rid of things, and to those who have stayed the course and shopped their closet.

With life being crazy, I have shopped my closet and stayed the course, of which I am very proud because I overcame the temptation to stress shop.

For February, 0 bags in, 19 bags out and 0 SLGs in or out (I ended up returning the LV cles I had bought). And March has also been a no buy so far.

19 bags out!!! That's amazing!

View attachment 3643339

Loving my new to me fendi mia degrade shopper!
Nice!

We still have our list of questions that we put together. Since green week is a little slow I randomly picked one for us to have fun discussing.

The Bag That Got Away :search:

What bag do you wish you kept / added to your collection? This could either be a bag you had and regret selling or a bag you've always wanted but never purchased.

If possible show a picture (you may have to check google), tell us why you wish you owned it and if you ever plan to track it down in the future.
Lv speedy mirage in burgundy. I had the bag in hand but had already spent quite a bit that day and felt guilty so I put it back. In the end it was for the best because I rarely wear my handheld only. Seeing this question just made me realize my new tote is shaded in a similar way.

Reactions: papertiger
Lv speedy mirage in burgundy. I had the bag in hand but had already spent quite a bit that day and felt guilty so I put it back. In the end it was for the best because I rarely wear my handheld only. Seeing this question just made me realize my new tote is shaded in a similar way.
Wow! I just googled the bag and you're right. You like what you like and it's great that you were able to get the look in a bag that will be much more functional for you!!

I'm thinking there is a reason certain bags "get away". We may subconsciously know that the bag isn't quite right for one reason or another.

Whoa! 19 bags out! Great job!! And welcome back!

It's green week, so just in case there's anyone here who hasn't seen a picture of my one & only green bag, here she is, in all her glory. :amuse:
My Mulberry Alexa in Pheasant Green. The leather is called "wrinkled calf" which always cracks me up. How does one wrinkle a calf? Refuse to give it face cream? Throw it into the dryer on high heat? :annoyed:
View attachment 3641416
I love this!

Reactions: ElainePG

View attachment 3642858

Just beautiful! Congratulations!

19 bags out is truly amazing! Way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.