2017 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful bags! I love that color on the So Kelly!
Thanks for the So Kelly love Annabel Lee!

I actually wore a fall-colored bag yesterday but was having trouble uploading it from my phone. This is one of my first designer bags, and the hype was starting to die down on this one, so I got a great price.

I still love this bag, and I do wear it occasionally during spring and summer, but the color is definitely better for fall and winter.
View attachment 3856477

Today, I am mildly annoyed with myself as the bag I'm carrying is actually one I'd set aside to sell. I was having a hard time matching a bag to my outfit this morning, and it occurred to me this one would work perfectly. It does. I'm not sure I HAVE a good match in my closet, but I'm still planning on selling this bag as I otherwise carry it so rarely.
Great Celine, rich colour!

Hello ladies, quick check-in, hope everyone is doing great.

Bag of the day is my red chanel large city rock in goatskin. I’ll probably use her through the weekend as well. Haven’t gotten enough usage out of her.

View attachment 3856522

Wishing everyone a fab weekend ahead.
Kemi, this is a gorgeous bag, I almost bought the med in navy. I love the beautiful red of your City Rock!

Bag for the day… Tod’s Soft Double Zip in a red/wine fall color. Haven’t carried this bag since late winter. I love so much about it but the shoulder strap isn’t comfy and its attachment on the handles makes the bag wobbly. I toy with selling it but I know I wouldn’t get much, apropos of Sparkle’s point, and I’m not ready to give it up ... just like in the cartoon :smile:
View attachment 3856598
westvillage, this is a beautiful bag in a wonderful colour. Sorry to hear it is not fun to wear.

Oh, definitely!
I'm sentimental about my first "good" (ish) bags, which I bought at the same time at Nordstrom in the fall of 2013, when I first joined tPF and became excited about bags. I still have them, too: my Rebecca Minkoff MAB Mini Tote and my RED Valentino Bow Clutch.
I also have very fond feelings for my first MJ bag, a Little Stam in Bordeaux which I hardly ever carry, because it's a bit too small to comfortably be a "daily" bag and a bit too large to be a "weekend" bag... but the leather is scrumptious (it's lambskin), the color is yummy, and the style is such a classic!
In fact, I carried it last night as my Never Wear Wednesday bag because I missed having it on my shoulder, and I fell in love with it all over again! As long as I have room in my closet, this is one I'll never re-home.
View attachment 3856621
Your Little Stam is so pretty!

The main difference is that goat is a very, VERY durable leather while lamb is relatively delicate. Lamb is luxuriously soft and has a great hand feel. But depending on which type of goat skin is used and how it's processed, it can be soft as well - but in a chewy kind of way.

I adore goatskin bags but they are harder to find that you'd think. Balenciaga and Givenchy make amazing goat bags as a regular part of their offerings. Chanel will offer some seasonally here and there. But I don't know who else does. (Anyone??) I've been looking for "reasonably" priced goat skin bags for work and for carefree play (under $1000 new or under $500 pre loved) and can't find any. Michael Kors used to make great quality goat bags. I sold my MK Leigh which was goat and sorta regret it since I'm still looking for a replacement.
OMG! That meme! LOL! Sometimes that's me!

I'm still having trouble pulling things from my evaluation closet. :facepalm:
Louis Vuitton had a Suhali line using goatskin. I just sold my Louis Vuitton Suhali Lockit. You could find good bargains on pre loved Suhali bags.

That sucks!

Hope you’re able to rest for the remainder of the day!
I was on the bus trying not to cry just from anger and frustration. I took a few steps to prevent this kind of thing from happening because I know who I'm dealing with, and it didn't work. I still got stuck waiting around for nothing. But I went back to my side of town and took myself out to lunch at the mall. Was pretty yummy. Now I'm home and I see a nap in my immediate future.

@dcooney4 , yes, absolutely. I'm not doing this again. I tried to meet up because I was going to be that way and it didn't work. I know he wants his charger back, so he'll either find the time to come here to get it or he'll just have to wait and get it when I get back to work.

I still can't get this multiquote thing to work right. I hit quote on DC's post, and then reply on bake's post, and it deletes DC's post. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Reactions: kemi
I was on the bus trying not to cry just from anger and frustration. I took a few steps to prevent this kind of thing from happening because I know who I'm dealing with, and it didn't work. I still got stuck waiting around for nothing. But I went back to my side of town and took myself out to lunch at the mall. Was pretty yummy. Now I'm home and I see a nap in my immediate future.

@dcooney4 , yes, absolutely. I'm not doing this again. I tried to meet up because I was going to be that way and it didn't work. I know he wants his charger back, so he'll either find the time to come here to get it or he'll just have to wait and get it when I get back to work.

I still can't get this multiquote thing to work right. I hit quote on DC's post, and then reply on bake's post, and it deletes DC's post. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Don't feel bad about the multi quote thing. I can't do it right so I just try to respond individually.

Last edited:
Reactions: bakeacookie

*hugs*

Reactions: kemi
Yup, Germany
We also have it here as Toffifee!! I'm not really a fan though as I prefer chocolates. Dark chocolate, yum yum!!!
BV Bella in Espresso today. A deep dark brown, almost black, is my favorite kind of brown. I have a small Massaccesi shoulder bag, but sadly, I don’t wear it because its dark brown color is not saturated. Browns are tricky for me.
View attachment 3856768
Which MM leather is that, dark (deep?) brown Merinos? Your BV is beautiful!

I had a no show today with the bag. I wasted an hour and a half of my time. She said she thought it was tomorrow. I told her if she still wants it she has to come to my part of the area.
Sorry to hear the lady didn't come! Hope you get a sale anyway!

I just googled it. That is a cute bag!
Dark chocolate is a must for me, even on the days of toughest diet, i need my 1 small bar of dark indulgence! ;)
I am the oddball who doesn't like chocolate. :no: I can take it with some things. But, generally it tastes like ashy dirt to me :frown: so, I'll pick it off of / out of things. Like with the Toffifay - I pick the chocolate off the top. Or Reese's Cups - I peel the chocolate off the peanut butter. LOL .

Given how most people lose their minds over chocolate, I think this is proof of my alien heritage. :borg:

I just googled it. That is a cute bag!
I am the oddball who doesn't like chocolate. :no: I can take it with some things. But, generally it tastes like ashy dirt to me :frown: so, I'll pick it off of / out of things. Like with the Toffifay - I pick the chocolate off the top. Or Reese's Cups - I peel the chocolate off the peanut butter. LOL .

Given how most people lose their minds over chocolate, I think this is proof of my alien heritage. :borg:
i am not far from you on this, i am a fan of 'pure' chocolate, milk or white is not my thing at all
i like dark chocolate with a cherry and brandy, but that's the only 'fancy' candy i'm into really.... i don't even look at all those bright and shiny wrappers, so we must be from the same, or neighboring planets :graucho:

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Status
Not open for further replies.