2017 Boy in old medium/black/ruthenium - what is in prospect?

jedimaster

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
Apologies for this, but Ive read threads on winter, cruise, spring, and for the life of me, Im confused. Can anyone summarize what Boy bags in the old medium size in black are in prospect this year? Which season are Boy bags usually available in black? Im interesting in smooth calf with ruthenium, but not sure whether this is one of the offerings in prospect. Any help, guidance, info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Boy bags are seasonal. For black there is caviar, lambskin or calfskin leather. I don't beleive calfskin is available at current...

In caviar, Currently they have the 17P black caviar with either ruthenium hardware or a shiny light gold hardware available in both small and medium sizes. This 17P caviar is smaller pebbles that are super shiny. They may still have the 17C caviar which is duller and matte so it's quite black. It came with aged gold hardware.

They also have lambskin in both 17C and 17P collections that comes with ruthenium hardware so there is no pebbly appearance and it is quite smooth.

I'll attach some photos...

This is 17C lambskin. With RHW. IMG_7936.PNG
I bought this and returned it because I was worried about scratching the lambskin. But I have to admit it is the best looking boy..... it's so nice but I just didn't want the stress of babying it...

This is 17C caviar with GHW.
The caviar is matte. Some people on this forum love some people hate and think it's dull.
Unfortunately someone posted photos of the hardware fading and turning silver....
IMG_7935.PNG

Reactions: minami
Thank you - this is really helpful! I tracked down the matte caviar and the lamb. I think the caviar may be the better choice for the reason you mention - the lamb feels a little fragile. Indeed, with respect to the matte caviar, there is no mistaking that it is black. The texture of all of these is beautiful.

View attachment 3593050

Here is my boy too!!! So cute and caviar feels so durable!
So beautiful!!! It's a bit softer but it's my favorite caviar leather for the boy, to date. (I notice when i open my boy bag to it's maximum the cardboard underneather to flap at its bent part starts to collapse and cause wrinkles in the leather when looking from behind ie at the hinge part. Do you notice that?)