2016 Dooney Tent Sale and Epic Haul

GF, WOW, what an awesome haul! Congrats!
Look at all those Dooneys, OMG, it's Dooney heaven! I love it! And GF, I think 4 hrs is a pretty good time. I think I could stay the whole day there!

Love all the goodies you got. I think my favorite is the ostrich satchel, followed by the Toscana and then the python, and then the Florentine Zip barlow and then the tote and then the Bristol satchel. So many pretty Dooneys. I guess it's one of those times that is good and bad to have that many good bags all in the same place, the torture is to pick just a few.
Thanks GF! Glad to hear from you. I could probably stay the whole day too. Maybe you should plan a trip for next year. Your DH will understand. I'm pretty sure Pecan is coming up from Florida. I think she might try to put something together for everyone to meet each other.

I used to just attend the tent sale for bag buying....if you can believe that. Perhaps I should go back to that way of thinking and do one big haul but I don't think I could last that long. :rolleyes: I wish I went one more day to see if it was as good or to see if anything followed me home....good times. Now if we could only get Dooney to follow Brahmin's lead with the buy more, save more, we'd be all set.

Last edited:
Hi Pam and YD,

I've been out of circulation for a few weeks (work, flu, holidays!) but I did get to the tent sale. As YD said, it was great this year (and those bags--especially the Bordeaux Toscana--are to die for!!).

There were lots of Altos this year. I scored two Alto Silvias--one in saddle and one in chestnut. I also got the older style Alto Fia in black, as well as a Florentine East West shopper in mushroom. Haven't had the chance to do pix, but hopefully will get to it soon!

I love the Silvia because it's the total Alto package: gorgeous leather, full red lining, zipper pocket on the outside, interior pockets, sturdy handles and lots of room (I love big bags, I cannot lie!). Fia also has those traits. In perusing some of the newer Alto styles, I noticed that some of them are lacking in one or more of those qualities. Some of them have skinny handles that look too flimsy for the weight of the bag, others have no lining and/or no interior pockets. The leather is as beautiful as always, but it seems some cost cutting is going on with some of the newer Altos.

Other than that, the selection was great, employees were super friendly, and everything ran like clockwork. Highly recommend a trip to Norwalk next year!

Love the Silvia! I have the chestnut. I was at the tent sale this year on day one in the AM. Only saw one Silvia in red. Always loved that purple! What day were you all there?

Beautiful and Incant think of a better way to spend 4 hours! I think my favorites are the ostrich, Toscana, and the Bristol. This is an event I would love to visit someday. What fun it would be to do a meetup! Maybe we should seriously think about that. [emoji106]

Reactions: YankeeDooney
Hi Pam and YD,

I've been out of circulation for a few weeks (work, flu, holidays!) but I did get to the tent sale. As YD said, it was great this year (and those bags--especially the Bordeaux Toscana--are to die for!!).

There were lots of Altos this year. I scored two Alto Silvias--one in saddle and one in chestnut. I also got the older style Alto Fia in black, as well as a Florentine East West shopper in mushroom. Haven't had the chance to do pix, but hopefully will get to it soon!

I love the Silvia because it's the total Alto package: gorgeous leather, full red lining, zipper pocket on the outside, interior pockets, sturdy handles and lots of room (I love big bags, I cannot lie!). Fia also has those traits. In perusing some of the newer Alto styles, I noticed that some of them are lacking in one or more of those qualities. Some of them have skinny handles that look too flimsy for the weight of the bag, others have no lining and/or no interior pockets. The leather is as beautiful as always, but it seems some cost cutting is going on with some of the newer Altos.

Other than that, the selection was great, employees were super friendly, and everything ran like clockwork. Highly recommend a trip to Norwalk next year!

I'm glad you're feeling better! Sounds like you had a pretty rough holiday. I can't wait to see your new tent sale babies. [emoji4]