2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought these open stackable shelves from Costco, I believe a Coach fan posted about them on TPF. I have this dead space right behind the master bedroom door and the shelf fits perfectly there. My bags sit upright in their dust bags except for really large flat bags which I lay flat on the bottom shelf. I have about 12 purses of various shapes and they fit nicely. I bought a few more sets to hold shoes and they work well for that too!

That is kind of what I did too, just from target instead of Costco.:biggrin:

How do you all store your bags? I am finding the more organized they are the more I actually use them. I still need to make tags for my dust bags, but I have trying to put them in the exact same cube each time now. That has been helping me to not forget what is where. I do count clutches, pouchettes and wristlets as a bag if I wear it completely on it's own. The pouchette that is in my petit bucket I don't count as I never wear that one separate. How do you all count your bags?
I have them all standing up right and stuffed, line on the upper shelf of my closet and on the floor. I need to reorganize while I have time off because there's no more room and they're starting to get too packed :S. I don't have a walk in closet either so makes for very small amount of space. I can still tell which bag is what through the dustbag so haven't needed to use any photo id yet. I used to have them organized alphabetically by designer but found it's not too practical - great for know which bags are where but not so great for storing by style (ie what can be layed flat or should be standing up). I count sizable clutches as bags.
i'm in for next year! i started out participating last year, but stepped back from the thread when i started spending less time on TPF to help curb impulse spending. it worked, and i haven't purchased any bags in 5 months - yay. luckily, i don't really have the itch for anything else right now.

i sold some bags, and have been going back and forth about selling others. i have one final bag that i know i'm going to sell (it even "sold" on ebay, but the buyer didn't pay), and then i'm going to take a break and not worry about selling for a while. i'm going to pay attention to what i use and then i will decide what else needs to go. i'm thinking i'll sell 3-6 more bags. i'd love to be around 10 by the end of 2014.

i'm not on a ban now, and i don't plan to be on a ban next year, but i want to make careful choices and stop the impulse purchases that i had trouble with in the first part of 2013 and the years prior. i'm planning to track my slush spending again, since that worked well last year. tentatively, i'm thinking i'll purchase one new bag, one new wallet, and a second le pliage. i've had my eye on the coach borough, but i'm not sure the style will work for me. i've also thought about a speedy b. i turn 30 this year, so i may time my bag purchase with my birthday.

as for rotating, i'm not sure what i'll do yet. i typically have been using my tanner or le pliage for work and something(s) else for weekends (assuming i don't have to go into work on weekends). i only have 1 full sized wallet and 1 small wallet (really a card case), so that's easy.
I want to facebook like ur entire post haha. Sounds like u had a great year for the resolution

I love this thread and followed it all last year. I don't know if I should join though, because I know it's pointless to say I won't buy "x" amount of bags this year. I have no delusions about my obsessions lol! I do try to rotate and use all of my bags at some point through the year though, so I guess I qualify for that. I really don't see me whittling down my collection right now either. But I'll be watching all of you from the sidelines and cheering you on.....especially you strong-willed ladies that are trying to limit what you buy! Congrats and best of luck.
When you do rotate ur bags, would love to see pics of them :smile:

great choices! love the 5 you ended up with. i wonder if my distressed sunshine mam is your former one. i'm thinking of a speedy b for my 30th, but not sure.

Thank you! The distressed sunshine definitely could have been mine, there definitely aren't a lot of those floating around! Mine had some denim transfer on the back/bottom piping. Speedy B would be a wonderful 30th birthday gift!

It's awesome that you've narrowed it down to 5 and know exactly what your next bags are. I'm the opposite, my triumph in 2013 was not buying any slgs except a pencil case (which I didn't have to begin with, and have used every day) and a business card older because i found that the one I have doesn't work well for me so will be looking at letting that one go.

Thank you! SLG's were my weakness last year since they are much easier to save up for, and I tend to get impatient and love instant gratification! :smile:

I just reorganized my bags and I think that 2014 may be my most successful year in buying as little bags as possible. Since the majority of the time I'm working, I have a good number of work horses that will tide me through the seasons and what I need to carry, and on weekends, I have more colorful, smaller, and "less serious" bags that should keep my attention. I just need to stay away from the outlets and Nordstrom rack. 2014, yup, it's looking promising...

I would like to join this thread too. It will keep me motivated to not purchase any bags that are not on my 2014 Wishlist.

I am planning on only purchasing one bag next year. The LV alma bb ... but there are so many other bags that stand in my way!!!

Including:

The leather Longchamp line.

Michael Kors Selma, I love this bag whenever I see it on other people, but I had a previous saffiano MK bag and once the leather started slouching, I lost interest.

Sales. Gah. I am such a sucker for anything more than 50% off.

Good luck everyone.

Amazing thread, OP!

I would like to join and make 2014 resolutions:

I'm planning not to buy new bags in 2014 (but my husband bought me 2 bags for gifts in 2014 LOL but there are the only bags
i'm planning to receive in 2014. The reason for not buying is not money but because i have too many bags and just do not use
them enough.

I'm going to sell 2 existing bags that do not really work for me.

Instead of buying bags i'm planning to invest in experiences, i & my hubby are planning to go on a vacations at least 3 times in

I'm planning to update this thread and let everyone know if i'm successful with my resolutions.

How do you all store your bags? I am finding the more organized they are the more I actually use them. I still need to make tags for my dust bags, but I have trying to put them in the exact same cube each time now. That has been helping me to not forget what is where. I do count clutches, pouchettes and wristlets as a bag if I wear it completely on it's own. The pouchette that is in my petit bucket I don't count as I never wear that one separate. How do you all count your bags?

I store my bags in my closet. I put them into their dustbags with the handles sticking out and then hook the handles around fabric loops that are attached to a clothing organizer. Since I can see the handles I know what each bag is when it is hanging up.

Also, I find my bags easy to count because I don't have a lot of small leather goods or clutches. I have 13 everyday sized bags of various colors and 3 other bags -- an evening bag, a small crossbody, and a very special purse that I don't carry, but will never voluntarily leave my possession.

I store my bags in my closet. I put them into their dustbags with the handles sticking out and then hook the handles around fabric loops that are attached to a clothing organizer. Since I can see the handles I know what each bag is when it is hanging up.

Also, I find my bags easy to count because I don't have a lot of small leather goods or clutches. I have 13 everyday sized bags of various colors and 3 other bags -- an evening bag, a small crossbody, and a very special purse that I don't carry, but will never voluntarily leave my possession.
Great idea!

Yay! I'm about six pages late, but I'm glad to see this topic refreshed for 2014. Thanks, eggtart! ;)

For 2014, I'm not naive enough to think I won't buy ANY bags, but I am going to be careful about what I purchase. My goal is to get two really nice bags in colors I need and styles I know that work for me - one in the Spring when I (hopefully) get my work bonus and one in the Fall/Winter as an early birthday present. These two bags will be much more thought out and researched, rather than the 10+ bags I bought in 2013, most of which were bought on impulse and now find themselves in the "Limbo Pile of Indecision" while they await their fate of being sold, donated or gifted.

I'm also going to continue thinning the herd of bags - I've fluctuated a lot in 2013…started off with close to 50, went down to about 13 at one point, and have mushroomed back up to about 25. I have learned a LOT about what I like and what I will actually USE, so I hope to get down to about 15 bags over the course of 2014.

My other goal for 2014 is to knock it off with the SLGs already! I am such a sucker for wallets. I bought four timeless wallets in 2013 that I absolutely love, and have two others that are smaller, practical wallets for my cross body bags, so I'll be selling off or gifting all of my other wallets in 2014.

So glad to see so many joining in 2014 - let's keep each other strong in our resolve!! Good luck to everyone in meeting your '14 goals! :tup:

I would like to join this thread too. It will keep me motivated to not purchase any bags that are not on my 2014 Wishlist.

I am planning on only purchasing one bag next year. The LV alma bb ... but there are so many other bags that stand in my way!!!

Including:

The leather Longchamp line.

Michael Kors Selma, I love this bag whenever I see it on other people, but I had a previous saffiano MK bag and once the leather started slouching, I lost interest.

Sales. Gah. I am such a sucker for anything more than 50% off.

Good luck everyone.
This is me haha.

Amazing thread, OP!

I would like to join and make 2014 resolutions:

I'm planning not to buy new bags in 2014 (but my husband bought me 2 bags for gifts in 2014 LOL but there are the only bags
i'm planning to receive in 2014. The reason for not buying is not money but because i have too many bags and just do not use
them enough.

I'm going to sell 2 existing bags that do not really work for me.

Instead of buying bags i'm planning to invest in experiences, i & my hubby are planning to go on a vacations at least 3 times in

I'm planning to update this thread and let everyone know if i'm successful with my resolutions.
This is me too! We're newly weds and have barely done any traveling together so we'd very much like to visit as many places as we can before we start a family.

Yay! I'm about six pages late, but I'm glad to see this topic refreshed for 2014. Thanks, eggtart! ;)

For 2014, I'm not naive enough to think I won't buy ANY bags, but I am going to be careful about what I purchase. My goal is to get two really nice bags in colors I need and styles I know that work for me - one in the Spring when I (hopefully) get my work bonus and one in the Fall/Winter as an early birthday present. These two bags will be much more thought out and researched, rather than the 10+ bags I bought in 2013, most of which were bought on impulse and now find themselves in the "Limbo Pile of Indecision" while they await their fate of being sold, donated or gifted.

I'm also going to continue thinning the herd of bags - I've fluctuated a lot in 2013…started off with close to 50, went down to about 13 at one point, and have mushroomed back up to about 25. I have learned a LOT about what I like and what I will actually USE, so I hope to get down to about 15 bags over the course of 2014.

My other goal for 2014 is to knock it off with the SLGs already! I am such a sucker for wallets. I bought four timeless wallets in 2013 that I absolutely love, and have two others that are smaller, practical wallets for my cross body bags, so I'll be selling off or gifting all of my other wallets in 2014.

So glad to see so many joining in 2014 - let's keep each other strong in our resolve!! Good luck to everyone in meeting your '14 goals! :tup:
Was wondering when you would post in here! =) I'm looking forward to getting rid of SLGs too. it's hard though, they're so cute and as someone mentioned before - instant gratification!

Excuse my stupid question, but what is SLG?

I am so bad when it comes to good sale too, more than 50% off is killing me, should avoid Nordstrom. Another "problem" is a great consignment store close by, the bags there are in excellent condition and cheap. They know me by my first name there already.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.