2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I am really behind in answering and reading these last days. Thank you for all your kind comments regarding my Liebeskind, although I have to baby it, I really love it.

Keeping fingers crossed Dooney, I hope the replacement bag is perfect!

Very pretty bag cupcakegirl!

My June was pretty much ruined by MJ sale (my favorite designer) but I was so happy to get this beauty for 70% off. I did get rid of some things too, sold 3 items and donated big box to Goodwill.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404241476.256008.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I am really behind in answering and reading these last days. Thank you for all your kind comments regarding my Liebeskind, although I have to baby it, I really love it.

My June was pretty much ruined by MJ sale (my favorite designer) but I was so happy to get this beauty for 70% off. I did get rid of some things too, sold 3 items and donated big box to Goodwill.
View attachment 2672475

This is really lovely! I keep look at all the lovely MJ or Mbmj bags you are all showing lately . They are very tempting.

This is really lovely! I keep look at all the lovely MJ or Mbmj bags you are all showing lately . They are very tempting.

Thank you! I think he has some very pretty styles, like Fran which eehlers just bought. I hope they do not discontinue all the best ones before I managed to buy them. :smile: Quilted seem to be gone now :sad:

So if any of you remember my Coach Madeline in black violet (dark purple), should I trade my friend for the same bag but in chestnut (brown)?

She saw mine before and loves the purple, but the purple isn't on sale, not on FOS, and she's not able to go to the outlet to check if one will show up there.

But she's willing to buy a chestnut one on sale (so it's the same price), and then wants to trade for mine. She doesn't care that it's been used by me. Lol.

So it's down to which color should I have? Stay with black violet/purple or trade for chestnut.

So if any of you remember my Coach Madeline in black violet (dark purple), should I trade my friend for the same bag but in chestnut (brown)?

She saw mine before and loves the purple, but the purple isn't on sale, not on FOS, and she's not able to go to the outlet to check if one will show up there.

But she's willing to buy a chestnut one on sale (so it's the same price), and then wants to trade for mine. She doesn't care that it's been used by me. Lol.

So it's down to which color should I have? Stay with black violet/purple or trade for chestnut.
Would you like it in brown?
Btw, I saw purple Madeline Satchel in Coach outlet on Friday, it was $149. Seems that they just hot new bags from regular stores. Maybe she would have luck there.

Tuuli - love it! I was thinking about getting one too. Sorta glad she's sold out though. No temptation.

Bake - do you like the chestnut? Do you have any similar bags in that color? Do you have a lot to go with that in your wardrobe?

Would you like it in brown?
Btw, I saw purple Madeline Satchel in Coach outlet on Friday, it was $149. Seems that they just hot new bags from regular stores. Maybe she would have luck there.

I like it in chestnut. Good to know they're showing up at the outlets, but the one closest to me has the saddest selection of deletes. I don't want to send her there or go out there for her without being sure.

Anyway, I'll think about it. I do need a travel bag, and brown would be more neutral? But the nice color makes it less boring? I don't know. Lol. I have a brown bag but I have two purple bags. Not sure how to feel about this.

I might just find her another bag in purple lol.

Quick shot of my Chanel flap in pearly beige as I head out for lunch. It's one of my fav bags because of the unique color. Kinda looks like a pearl.

Going to dinner with DH tonight to celebrate my brother and his DGF birthday. They have the same birthday which is so cool. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404248437.928244.jpg

Lovely!

It depends. If it's raining, I have a few bags that tolerate rain well and pick from those (even though it never seems to rain in Central California anymore). Otherwise, I just pick whatever I want to carry -- that may be by outfit or just because I want to carry it. I don't have a particular bag schedule, but I do try and make sure that my bag "goes" with my outfit, even if it does not "match" it.

Yeah. Weather isn't a big issue for me either. The bag schedule exists only because I wanted to lower the cost per wear as much as possible this year lol.
Not sure if my bags go with any of my outfits lol.

Cupcake - so happy your moved went well and so very happy to see your bal pics! She's really hot! :smile: (love bals)

I usually have my coach duffle on me for day use and switch my after hours (no kids) bag for outfits. With SoCal weather I don't have to care about weather since it's always sunny. (Except for this week, it's humid! Yuck. Sorry to those who live in the south, I know your humidity is worse, I'm just a wimp. )
Seems like deciding based on activity would be better. I do change out of my bag from work should I be heading somewhere not handbag friendly. Like korean bbq places lol.

All of the above! Also where I'm going. Different bag if I'm going to a sporting event and there are some bags (visible logo) I will not take to work. Open top bags are not an option if I'm going to be on public transportation. I tend not to carry black bags in the summer, nor white ones in the winter.
True, my bag schedule did keep in mind travel plans, and special events. I'm purposely giving my Chanel it's scheduled three weeks which overlaps my birthday. Longchamp is scheduled during the colder months, travel periods. So I think I sort of based it on event/time of year.

Nothing in or out for me in June but I'm going to the outlets today so that may change for July :smile: my fave were coach and Gucci and I'd religiously checks them. Now, I find myself checking LV a lot and have some 'wants' but nothing I plan to get right away.

Hope you get settled into your new place soon! As always, that bal is gorgeous. Such the most amazing shade of brown.

I'm really bad at coordinating things, so for me, no, my outfit does not necessarily match my bag :sad: I'll just carry whatever bag I want, unless it's for a specific occasion.
Special occasions mean dressing up and dressing up means special bags!! Lol.

View attachment 2672475
Ahhh I can't believe MJ is discontinuing the quilted bags. They're so pretty. Nice bag, love the blue!

Quick shot of my Chanel flap in pearly beige as I head out for lunch. It's one of my fav bags because of the unique color. Kinda looks like a pearl.

Going to dinner with DH tonight to celebrate my brother and his DGF birthday. They have the same birthday which is so cool. View attachment 2672578

Love your Chanel! Do take a shot to show the pearl color!

And the birthday thing is cool. lol

View attachment 2672475

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the quilting and color!

Do you even want a Madeline? It just seems like you are not particularly enthused about the bag. If you don't really want it, then you could always just let your friend buy yours off of you.

Going to dinner with DH tonight to celebrate my brother and his DGF birthday. They have the same birthday which is so cool. View attachment 2672578

Beautiful flap! Love the pearlescence of the color!

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the quilting and color!

Do you even want a Madeline? It just seems like you are not particularly enthused about the bag. If you don't really want it, then you could always just let your friend buy yours off of you.

Beautiful flap! Love the pearlescence of the color!

It's not love, but it does make a good travel bag. I'd be trying to find another bag for my trip, and I kind of don't want to even look right now because I'll be too tempted to get something else totally unnecessary.

It's not love, but it does make a good travel bag. I'd be trying to find another bag for my trip, and I kind of don't want to even look right now because I'll be too tempted to get something else totally unnecessary.

What about the Madeline makes it a good travel bag? I guess I assumed that you used your Le Pliages as travel bags.

What about the Madeline makes it a good travel bag? I guess I assumed that you used your Le Pliages as travel bags.

Oh, when I walk around, I carry a smaller handbag. It's a smaller profile, it has a zipper, the structure of it makes it difficult to open without me noticing. It has a zipped pocket on the inside, and the flap actually can fit some small stuff. And being smaller, it's still big enough to carry a water bottle and an umbrella with room to spare.

I guess it was just a purse that was in my price range (I don't want to spend too much on a travel purse) and carried everything I needed securely.

I only carry my Le Pliage when traveling from and to the plane. I guess if I knew I'd be shopping, I'd carry the LP so it's not obvious when I visit and shop at the high street shops. But still I'd have a purse separate from the LP.

Status
Not open for further replies.