2014 money wallet question

nanotube

Jan 9, 2009
Hi everyone! I have a question about the leather. I got a red money a few years ago (forgot the exact year, maybe 2011) and have been using it since. Lately I wanted to buy a black wallet so got one last week. Although it looks really nice, the leather somehow feels different than my old wallet? My old wallet feels very soft but the black one is kind of stiff. The leather doesn't feel as smooth as my old wallet.

Has there been any changes on how they dye or process the leather? I would like to know if I should exchange for a "softer" one....not sure if that exists. Appreciate your thoughts! Thanks!

I got both wallets from bal website so they should be authentic.

Hi everyone! I have a question about the leather. I got a red money a few years ago (forgot the exact year, maybe 2011) and have been using it since. Lately I wanted to buy a black wallet so got one last week. Although it looks really nice, the leather somehow feels different than my old wallet? My old wallet feels very soft but the black one is kind of stiff. The leather doesn't feel as smooth as my old wallet.

Has there been any changes on how they dye or process the leather? I would like to know if I should exchange for a "softer" one....not sure if that exists. Appreciate your thoughts! Thanks!

I got both wallets from bal website so they should be authentic.

Add pictures. Hopefully someone can give me some advice!

This is the old wallet
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413584220.957835.jpg

New wallet
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413584246.250840.jpg

Does the paper tag say agneau leather?

No it doesn't say anything. I looked at all the paper and tags come with the wallet but nothing about the leather type.

Online it says soft crafted vintage lambskin.

I will be going to NYC in the next couple weeks. Should I buy the wallet at the store and return this one? I really like the money wallet but not too sure about the leather...

No it doesn't say anything. I looked at all the paper and tags come with the wallet but nothing about the leather type.

Online it says soft crafted vintage lambskin.

I will be going to NYC in the next couple weeks. Should I buy the wallet at the store and return this one? I really like the money wallet but not too sure about the leather...

If I were you I would return this one and pick one from the store. You will have more choices there, so I believe you will find one which you like and which has leather up to your standards ;) It is always better to see and touch leather before buying :smile: