2013 - Special Order TPF Knot - Exciting News Post 609!!!

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
We have an opportunity to do a special order BV Knot or Stretch Knot. Today I received the green light with the following stipulations:

1. The Knot cannot be shipped to any other country than the USA. Because of customs issues, BV will no longer ship internationally from the US. Anyone who is international will have to arrange their own way around this (trusted friend, trip to the Chicago Boutique, freight forwarding service) BV cannot be responsible.

2. There is not a minimum piece order

3. We can choose Knot or Stretch Knot

4. Leather choice must be Karung/Ayers, Ostrich, or Crocodile (Python or Stingray is not a option)

5. BV asks for 3 options from us and we can discuss the process after you give the whole idea some thought.
Our decision points will be:

Type Knot
Material outside
Material inside
Color for inside and outside
Chain or no chain
Hardware color

6. Yes, we can have the engraved plate again!

7. Money: 1/2 at time of order, then 1/2 right before shipping.

That is it for now. I will be starting polls for choices next week. Those committed to this are the ones who should vote. Just a note, this Knot could reach as high as $3,000 depending on leather.

Last edited:
Just a note, this Knot could reach as high as $3,000 depending on leather.

If any one wasn't around the last time we went through this....just a couple thoughts:

Since the current regular size croc knot price is $3,600, I am thinking that a SO croc knot would be at least $4,000. I am basing that on the fact that past SO's have had a 30% upcharge.

If I remember correctly, last time we did a SO knot there was talk that the cost of ostrich was around 30% more than snakeskin.

The price of that knot was determined at the end of 2009 and was $2,200. I am betting that anything we choose will be more expensive than that.

Just food for thought. I am happy that we have another group SO opportunity!

Last edited:
Although I won't join coz I don't think I can fork out that much money on a bag I can't use that often. But would love to see what you gals will get at the end. The knot is a piece of art, too bad I don't have any occasion to use it and I am not rich enough to be a collector, LOL!

I was "trying to be good" last time because I had a small black box clutch already, but I am definitely interested and not wanting to miss out twice! I also have the same caveat as others... depending on the final outcome. Something like the knot india in stretch would be amazing!