2013 - Special Order TPF Knot - Exciting News Post 609!!!

Krawford, does it look the same on the other side? Here's another photo of mine that I think better shows the difference.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1389040892.124378.jpg

I spoke with Kevin, who asked that I send the knot back to him for a better look, so it's on its way to Chicago.

Thanks for all your thoughts, everyone!

Eta: I have to say the colour is absolutely gorgeous. I don't know if it translates well in photos but so happy with my choice.

Last edited:
Ladies, congratulations on the beautiful knots! I'm sad that I passed on this SO because I didn't love the lining/knot color combos for myself, but they are absolutely gorgeous!

CDNinNYC - I think your last post shows the wrinkles the best; I couldn't really tell before but it looks like one side was not stretched enough over the frame. I'm glad Kevin is looking into it for you though, and hope that it all works out!

Krawford, does it look the same on the other side? Here's another photo of mine that I think better shows the difference.

View attachment 2452809

I spoke with Kevin, who asked that I send the knot back to him for a better look, so it's on its way to Chicago.

Thanks for all your thoughts, everyone!

Eta: I have to say the colour is absolutely gorgeous. I don't know if it translates well in photos but so happy with my choice.

That second photo really shows the difference well. I hope Kevin can help!!!

CDNinNYC said:
Here's another photo of mine that I think better shows the difference. I spoke with Kevin, who asked that I send the knot back to him for a better look, so it's on its way to Chicago

I'm happy for you that you are on a path to getting this resolved. Kevin is the best.

I couldn't really tell before but it looks like one side was not stretched enough over the frame.

The wrinkles are characteristic of the skin. BV did bags featuring wrinkled ostrich skin for SS12. They had this bag at the trunk show (I was not a fan) and the SA told me it was made from the leg of the ostrich.

This being said, I don't think the wrinkled (or mismatched) skin is appropriate for the knot.

SSOsR2.jpg

May I ask when about is the next SO? Thanks

It probably won't be for a few years. i want to say there were three years between the last time the BVettes did a SO and this most recent one.

That said, if you're interested in a SO, you may want to contact your nearest BV boutique and ask about special orders. Why I am thinking that sometimes they do it?

It probably won't be for a few years. i want to say there were three years between the last time the BVettes did a SO and this most recent one.

That said, if you're interested in a SO, you may want to contact your nearest BV boutique and ask about special orders. Why I am thinking that sometimes they do it?

Thanks

The wrinkles are characteristic of the skin. BV did bags featuring wrinkled ostrich skin for SS12. They had this bag at the trunk show (I was not a fan) and the SA told me it was made from the leg of the ostrich.

This being said, I don't think the wrinkled (or mismatched) skin is appropriate for the knot.

View attachment 2455706

Apey - leg leather does not have any quills at all, and is in smaller pieces suitable for shoes, wallets, etc that can be pieced. You can google images of the skin. My guess is that in the tanning, it does shrink and was intentionally not stretched smooth. Wish india would comment, she has worked with leather.

I do like that look in a larger item, but do agree it is not appropriate for a Knot.

Apey - leg leather does not have any quills at all, and is in smaller pieces suitable for shoes, wallets, etc that can be pieced. You can google images of the skin. My guess is that in the tanning, it does shrink and was intentionally not stretched smooth. Wish india would comment, she has worked with leather.

I do like that look in a larger item, but do agree it is not appropriate for a Knot.

Also ostrich leg has a definitive pattern & looks so totally different than what is on the frame of the
bag...