2013 - Special Order TPF Knot - Exciting News Post 609!!!

Yes, yes, yes! Please count me in. Any idea of the price range since I need to start saving. :nuts:

Edit: Was too excited and over looked the last sentense. It could up to $3000. I just pulled out my piggy bank.

Gosh, since the last SO was a Knot, I would've liked a different style for another SO. I'm on the fence about this but will keep looking at the info. Thanks for all your hard work, jburgh.

sbelle - thanks for summarizing the prices...I guess I should have said it could reach $4,000. Our first decision point will be Knot or Stretch Knot, with or without a chain. I'll post a poll tomorrow.

What BV wants us to do is once we decide on the above...present them with 3 different color/leather/lining options to consider.

sbelle - thanks for summarizing the prices...I guess I should have said it could reach $4,000. Our first decision point will be Knot or Stretch Knot, with or without a chain. I'll post a poll tomorrow.

What BV wants us to do is once we decide on the above...present them with 3 different color/leather/lining options to consider.

Idea sounds intriqiung...:thinking:
Will the chain hold the bag sideways, as in the current collection , or can it be manufactured so that the bag appears in the upright position?
Can there be a wristlet handle..as BV used to do with silk cord?

The material used is going to affect the chain/no chain debate...a fragile material may not withstand as much "bouncing around" while on the chain.

Can we pick any color, such as the metallic colors of yore, or has BV already provided a list of colors from which to make our choices?

Personally, I would prefer a knot without the chain...
I'm so used to holding the knot in my hand.
Let's see what are choices are... then we will know what
are options are..
I would love to see a re-issue with some interesting BV intricate details
(like the Origami, India etc) & a wonderful & exciting lining..

Jburgh, thanks for contacting BV and organizing this. I'd be interested but depending on the final design and price.

hotshot, I am with you on your ideas ..guess we have the same taste ;)

Do all of us have to choose the same style? for example: all stretch?

I like stretch with no chain too and leather is definitely preferred. Not sure if I have seen ostrich in knot. That'd be interesting.

Oh my, this made my day! I have been on the hunt for the right knot. I'm partial to the stretch because it holds more, but no chain. The idea of a metallic reissue is appealing and so is ostrich.

Oooh! Thanks jburgh! I may well be in depending on outcome (although being an EVIL FOREIGNER will have to figure out how to get it if I do...). Ostrich would sure be purdy...

Have we ever seen a Knot with a chain? Off to check the reference thread...

Because of the US restrictions I won't be able to participate but I am very excited for all those that are. I shall be following all the developments with a keen interest, whatever the variation of knot/stretch knot is finally chosen it's bound to be amazing. Good luck to all.

I just went back to look at an old thread (Clutches/evening bags pics only under
BV style reference)

These are some of the styles that I liked & misssed out on

Karung gorgiera stretch knot
Peltro cervo distresssed
Ink pyrite intrecciato ayers stretch knot
India

& some of my other favorites: Origami, metallic mineral boudoir intrecciato,
karung toile knot

Any thoughts from others???

I've asked about a reissue and will post the answer when I hear it. It may take a week. Until then, here is what I know at this point...The leather choices are Karung/Ayers, Ostrich, or Croc.

As far as colors, we will choose color palettes to begin with and then narrow down, such as greys, browns, reds, greens, purples, blues.

No guidance about hardware has been given yet, but I'll wager they will want to use Brunito.

Regarding reissues - there are so many I love and missed, such as Galuchat, India, Origami, and especially the Nero Fine Fettuce Scalloped Grommet Edge Knot.

Last edited: