2013 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Aug 15, 2012
Every year I resolve not to buy any more bags or wallets until I can get more use out of the ones I already own... of course, that never works haha. THIS YEAR, in order to achieve my goal, I've allocated one bag and wallet to every month so that the majority of items will get used... this is also an exercise to help me use what I have and not just save them up for 'special occassions' or my 'imaginary lifestyle,' as I am guilty of those things too haha.... I based my choices on the mood of the season or holiday.

Does anyone else have a similar resolution, and want to share pics of their current bag/wallet/bad & wallet choice?

For January, I chose my LV Graphite Damier and Grey checkered Burberry tote. It's quite cold and grey where I'm at and it seems like that's all I could think about.. I probably should have picked something more cheerful but I also figured that if the weather took a sudden turn for the worse and we have downpours and snow, it wouldn't show up on the bag.

LVwalletBurbbag.jpg

Nice combo! I think they offset each other quite nicely, it's got a checks and plaids thing going.

I, too, am going to shop from my own bag collection this year. I've been doing it for a while now but I still break down and buy that one bag that's calling out to me for weeks or months at a time.

I'm currently using a Frye Deborah studded satchel and a small Coach wallet. I *might* just buy a Michael Kors logo wallet this year, but I think that would be it. I still look at handbags online almost daily tho. :smile:

Shopping your closet is a good idea. I like your choice for January.

Thanks!

Nice combo! I think they offset each other quite nicely, it's got a checks and plaids thing going.

I, too, am going to shop from my own bag collection this year. I've been doing it for a while now but I still break down and buy that one bag that's calling out to me for weeks or months at a time.

I'm currently using a Frye Deborah studded satchel and a small Coach wallet. I *might* just buy a Michael Kors logo wallet this year, but I think that would be it. I still look at handbags online almost daily tho. :smile:

Thanks for sharing! Would love to see a pic if you get a chance. I'm ALWAYS looking at bags online too..I check in everyday on my fave sites (which definitely doesn't help.. but you can't help what you love, right? =))

Great idea, eggtartapproved! Keep us posted on your monthly "allocations".

I'm on a loose weekly rotation (depending on how much I need to schlepp to work), and so far it's been going well. I have some great bags! :lol:

Every year I resolve not to buy any more bags or wallets until I can get more use out of the ones I already own... of course, that never works haha. THIS YEAR, in order to achieve my goal, I've allocated one bag and wallet to every month so that the majority of items will get used... this is also an exercise to help me use what I have and not just save them up for 'special occassions' or my 'imaginary lifestyle,' as I am guilty of those things too haha.... I based my choices on the mood of the season or holiday.

Does anyone else have a similar resolution, and want to share pics of their current bag/wallet/bad & wallet choice?

Great idea. I need to do the same..... I made a resolution not to buy ANYTHING...No clothes, no shoes, no bags...nothing but necessities for the next 6 months and eventually until Xmas 2013... wish me luck..I just really want to save this year and to actually get the pleasure of being in control.... I'm going to do just like you and shop my closet.... A bag a month too. I'm already in bed but I'll post my bag and wallet tomorrow.... Maybe this would encourage me and keep me off the shopping sites....:graucho:

For January, I chose my LV Graphite Damier and Grey checkered Burberry tote. It's quite cold and grey where I'm at and it seems like that's all I could think about.. I probably should have picked something more cheerful but I also figured that if the weather took a sudden turn for the worse and we have downpours and snow, it wouldn't show up on the bag.

View attachment 2005283

This is a lovely combo...Love it!

NamkhaDrolma said:
Great idea, eggtartapproved! Keep us posted on your monthly "allocations".

I'm on a loose weekly rotation (depending on how much I need to schlepp to work), and so far it's been going well. I have some great bags! :lol:

Share!! Would love to see :smile: I'm going to try to use a different bag for weekends to use even more of my bags haha.

amaka said:
Great idea. I need to do the same..... I made a resolution not to buy ANYTHING...No clothes, no shoes, no bags...nothing but necessities for the next 6 months and eventually until Xmas 2013... wish me luck..I just really want to save this year and to actually get the pleasure of being in control.... I'm going to do just like you and shop my closet.... A bag a month too. I'm already in bed but I'll post my bag and wallet tomorrow.... Maybe this would encourage me and keep me off the shopping sites....:graucho:

Me too! I did inventory of my closet and I'm trying to use the one in and one out rule, and also wear more of the shoes I already have. I'm hoping to save more money too, and eventually pair down my stuff and purchase more quality items of necessity. Good luck!! And I cant wait to see your monthly choice! :smile:

I usually use my LV Speedy on weekends, and I have four Coach and LAMB bags that I rotate among for work days (a week at a time). Plus two small party-size purses and one wallet that I use every day. I can't honestly say I 'need' any more - I do have a weight loss challenge going with my husband and when I lose 20 pounds I get another LV bag, but other than that I have no plans to buy more bags or wallets in 2013.

That's a lovely idea and love your choice combo for Jan :tup:

I shop in my wardrobe all the time. Finding something I haven't used in ages and then using it again is like an ultimate judgement. Either you found out why you loved it so much in the fist place and makes you feel so glad you already have it or you remind out why you stopped using it (which usually means time to go)

... wish me luck..

Good luck, amaka!

I love love love (did I say "love?") handbags - designer or not (there are a few). I enjoy using my handbags (and shoes).

Over the years, I bought designer handbags from Dept Stores, local thrift stores, eBay, etc. But then it became an overload of bags which lead to an 'ADD' havoc. I donated several designer bags over the holidays. I have donated or given bags (to family/friends) in the past, but not at the pace as last year. I must admit that donating the bags felt great! Hopefully, others will enjoy the bags as much as I did.

I love the idea of "shopping from my own bag and wallet collection." The handbags...yes...I can definitely shop from my own collection. The wallet is a different story. I am actually in need of a new wallet. :biggrin: My current old-faithful is in bad shape. Any pointers on where I can purchase an exquisite and functional wallet? oops...wrong thread. :P

This is a great idea! I'm doing something similar for 2013 too. I don't have enough bags to use a different one every month, but I'm definitely shopping from my closet. I'm putting myself on a bag ban for the entire year and hopefully, I can see it through. For now, I'm using my RM black basketweave MAB and my green saddle Tano wallet.

I am actually in need of a new wallet. :biggrin: My current old-faithful is in bad shape. Any pointers on where I can purchase an exquisite and functional wallet? oops...wrong thread. :P

May be the wrong thread, but happy to throw in my 2 cents =) I love long zip one because I find, once zipped up I don't have to worry about anything falling out and it is all in one little bundle and hides and loose receipts hanging out; I also don't have to separate all my cards and change into separate pouches (even though I love to do that too haha). Depending on your price range, I love Coach and Kate Spade and would also recommend LV (Although I love mine, because it is a button closure, there is more of a limit to how much I can fit before the buttons won't close)

Currently deciding what bag to use this month for Fridays and weekends =) It would be amazing if I could fit everything I wanted into a Coach Legacy colorblock clutch - went a bit nuts and bought three (oops), so would very much like to incorporate them into my daily wear - picture to come tomorrow!