2013 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Heres's my Jan bag and wallet combo. Actually I have been carrying this combo since Nov..... I've been lazy to switch bags. This challenge will def help me change bags every month and hopefully I'll fall in love with all my bags and not want to buy another bag this year :P

Attachments

• bag1.jpg
    bag1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 2,970
That's what I decided to do weeks ago....As I always have a new bag on my mind.... especially when looking at other tpfers'reveals....I was conscious I couldn't go on that way..
So.....I shop from my closet now...And if I change bags every week...I am safe till the end of summer.....:supacool:

Just posting my combo for January's Fridays and weekends!

I chose an Olivia Harris crossbody that can also be used as a clutch. I love this because it's small looking but with the zipper at the bottom to expand the bag, it can fit a lot more, without looking too bulky. Also fits my wallet which is great because I don't think I want to switch my wallet out too often within the month (I'm a bit OCD and organize my wallets in a certain way and don't want to go through the trouble every 5 days haha).

I've had this bag for almost a year? and while I love it, it's one I forget about because I'm not usually such a small-bag kind of girl, but with this resolution (and my closet inventory I made), I'll be keeping it in mind more and using it more!

Attachments

• olivia harris and LV.jpg
    olivia harris and LV.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,859
Every year I resolve not to buy any more bags or wallets until I can get more use out of the ones I already own... of course, that never works haha. THIS YEAR, in order to achieve my goal, I've allocated one bag and wallet to every month so that the majority of items will get used... this is also an exercise to help me use what I have and not just save them up for 'special occassions' or my 'imaginary lifestyle,' as I am guilty of those things too haha.... I based my choices on the mood of the season or holiday.

Does anyone else have a similar resolution, and want to share pics of their current bag/wallet/bad & wallet choice?

I love your Burberry tote! This is a great thread! I only have two wallets...but enough bags to carry me through 2014! Kind of crazy, right? I would wear two bags a month, one non designer for work and one designer for nights and weekends :cool: However, the combo for work will mostly be the same for each month. I don't like to wear designer bags to work.

This is my work bag and wallet. Chanel wallet and small Longchamp le pliage in navy :smile:

Attachments

• image-1554549462.jpg
    image-1554549462.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 1,635
Last edited:
I really love this idea although I have only one go to wallet. Couldn't imagine switching that out ladies! Got a new Prada zip around for Christmas that I love to replace 10 yr old Gucci, still in good condition actually!

It seems like I always want more. Hubby gave me a beautiful orange/red colored PS1 & a couple of days later I was checking the web again. Good thing I don't pull the trigger often. My current wish list is PS1 small keepall for work & lemon yellow colored bag for summer.

Shopping my own closet is my resoltion for 2013, too! Time to stop the insanity. I need to stop browsing online everyday and buying yet another bag right after buying a gorgeous bag that has barely even gotten used yet! :smile:

I'm having an MJ January. First up, my 2009 MbMJ Baby Groovee in Wine with my MbMJ Classic Q wallet in Chianti. I'll rotate in my Midnight Faridah and Pomegranate Blake this month as well, along with my Classic Q wallet in Hazelnut.

Thanks for starting this thread!! Hopefully it will keep me on track to love and use all the beauties already in my collection.

So, being further encouraged, I just went through and did a monthly schedule for the year. It was great because it really helped crystallize that I have the bags that I really need in terms of styles, colors, etc. it also helped me see what bags may need to be rehomed. Turns out I'm sticking with Baby Groovee for the duration of January. :smile:

psulion08 said:
This is my work bag and wallet. Chanel wallet and small Longchamp le pliage in navy :smile:

I love the color of your wallet!!

roanth said:
It seems like I always want more.

I know, me too. Last night I was on the LV website looking for a new wallet. Found 2 I really like :S ... Maybe il get lucky and get them as gifts haha ( not likely ). I've been wanting to sell a lot of my SLG for a while but never got super motivated, but now I may do it as a trade-in for next year (or if I breakdown this year haha). Would help with another goal of paring down cuz I'd have to sell maybe 5 contemporary designers, to get 1 wallet.

eehlers said:
Shopping my own closet is my resoltion for 2013, too! Time to stop the insanity. I need to stop browsing online everyday and buying yet another bag right after buying a gorgeous bag that has barely even gotten used yet! :smile:

I'm having an MJ January. First up, my 2009 MbMJ Baby Groovee in Wine with my MbMJ Classic Q wallet in Chianti. I'll rotate in my Midnight Faridah and Pomegranate Blake this month as well, along with my Classic Q wallet in Hazelnut.

Thanks for starting this thread!! Hopefully it will keep me on track to love and use all the beauties already in my collection.

I totally understand!! Seems like my MO is to buy a bag but within that month i'll come across 3 other things and get those too! Sooo not good for my bank account haha. I absolutely love the color of your Groovee! Such a rich color, beautiful! Can't wait to see the others, and next month's!

I had to sneak another bag into the monthly rotation. :biggrin: I bought a bag on MAJOR discount (like 80% off!!) just under the wire to still count as a 2012 purchase and it arrived yesterday. So, I'll be alternating between this and the Baby Groovee during the rest of January...I'll be using the same wallet in both.

Here's the Romygold Jodan Hobo in gray nubuck. I love the nailhead stud detail on the strap. :graucho: