2013 in review: what was your BEST and WORST?

Jun 15, 2011
I thought it would be fun to see what you ladies consider your BEST and WORST from 2013. You can post whatever you want, but it MUST be bag related.

Ok, I'll start...

BEST:
purchase- balenciaga chataigne rh city
accomplishment- sold 11 bags, including a Chanel 2.55 flap that sat in my closet unused for a year (Yes, you're reading that correctly... not even once. How crazy and sad is that? :wacko:)

WORST:
Buying, then subsequently returning a slew of Coach legacy bags. The fun colors and price point made it easy to justify at the time of purchase. Within days, I regretted and returned them. Lesson learned... bright, colorful bags just do not work for me!

Worst - going nuts when coach legacy came out and picked up everything in sight

Best - returning the legacy stuff, breathing, and only sticking with the Candaces, large clutches, and carnelian pencil case (which is a very underrated item in my bag but I've used it everyday since I got it in 2012). Coach nw saffiano tote, and travel bleeker. Selling 2 older coach signature bags and a few wallets. Also buying a MBMJ cross body bucket bag, and finding my HG (preloaded in excellent condition cassis lockit)

Best - I discovered Marc Jacobs bags
Worst - I discovered Marc Jacobs bags

^ :lolots:

Best: Finally having the funds to add new Chanel to my collection (times three!)

Worst: Buying another bag in the same style, different colour because I love it and it works for me. Works well with shoes because my taste in shoes is a lot less expensive than my taste in bags, but it's a lot of money to have idling in the cupboard. Will be working on that for 2014.

Best - I discovered Marc Jacobs bags
Worst - I discovered Marc Jacobs bags

This is SO HILARIOUS to me!!!!!!!!! I can so relate, and this would have been my quote in 2009.

Best: Marc Jacobs Stams no longer in production, which means an end to the madness and excessive spending. (and learning to move on to different styles)
Worst: Marc Jacobs Stams no longer in production.

Best: all 3 of my Coach pebbled Boroughs, but especially the Alpine Moss, a gorgeous dark green.

Worst: a couple of days ago, I found a Coach Woven Pinnacle Laila in Parchment at one of the outlets I frequent. I don't know what I was thinking. I destroy anything light in color and I was embarrassed to return it the next day.

Best
- Prada 1786 in Red
- Sold 18 bags with 5 more to go until I'm done

Worst
- Prada 1801 in Pink
- The fact I bought so many bags just to sell them all

I use my 1786 every day! It's my favorite bag. But I really shouldn't have chosen the 1801 in pink because I've been too scared to use it. I got such terrible offers on ebay :cry: I will hang on to the bag indefinitely.

Best - Chanel python cwc. Almost sold her but couldn't so knew she was a keeper! Also my ysl ostrich clutch i was eyeing forever and managed to snag at 50%! Also managed to sell 4 other bags I wasn't using.

Worst - bought a fake Chanel jumbo on eBay despite multiple authentication. Still trying to sort out that mess there....

Best--a tie between my medium Peacock Proenza Schouler PS1 and my Rebecca Minkoff Harewood MAC. Both bags are gorgeous and very practical--I can carry them pretty much anywhere.

Worst--standing in my closet realizing I had to sell a few bags that didn't work out for me (Coach Mini Tanner, Coach Willis and a couple others). My goal is to be MUCH MORE SELECTIVE n 2014 now that I have a nice small selection of bags that I love. Don't want to screw that up with impulse purchases.

Best - Chanel python cwc. Almost sold her but couldn't so knew she was a keeper! Also my ysl ostrich clutch i was eyeing forever and managed to snag at 50%! Also managed to sell 4 other bags I wasn't using.

Worst - bought a fake Chanel jumbo on eBay despite multiple authentication. Still trying to sort out that mess there....
Oh no! That's so terrible :crybaby:

I'm eventually going to go down this route as a Chanel Jumbo/Maxi is my HG purse. The thought of having this happen is frightening.

Best: Finally purchasing my LV MonMonogram Speedy 30. Also waiting on delivery of my Fendi Spy Bag in Honey.

Worst: Buying a vintage Revillion Shoulder Bag online that ended up looking a lot cheaper in person than I could have anticipated. Beautiful colours but still disappointing.

Attachments

• 1011222_10151494273577093_1877614026_n.jpg
    1011222_10151494273577093_1877614026_n.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 908
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 911
Best: finally finding my hard sought Grey phantom and re-acquiring a Chanel maxi almost a full year later. Oh, and realizing I am likely at the tail end of my bag journey.

Worst: the YSL/SLP nonsense. Didn't like the company's new antics and was completely turned off so I unloaded some of their stuff from my collection. At least it allowed me to focus on Celine. :smile: