2012 Bag Resolutions?

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
I'm not talking about wishlists but things that you have to keep reminding yourself of whenever you go shopping.

My bag resolutions for next year are:

1. No more python (feeling sorry for the poor snakes now)

2. Leather/suede lining only in leather/suede bags

3. No more big bags

4. No more evening bags

5. Keep looking for the perfect Summer bag/basket in canvas (left over from this year)

:smile:

Mods can you please remove the last post? It has nothing to do with New Year Bag resolutions and posts a link to a bag site.

My Bag Resolutions are:

1. Enjoy what I have.
2. Be more selective in my bag purchases going forward.
3. Downsize my collection by 10 bags
3. Only purchase one new bag in 2012 - a Balenciaga day with new mini giant hardware.

this is such a good thread and I think very appropriate at this time because of the economy, it is the time to be smart. Here is my three bag resolutions which seems to be almost the same with the others here!
1. Narrow down my list of bags to own...meaning think it over a million times...'do I really need/like this bag? Or do I just like it because others seem to have/like it as well?
2. Limit big purchase to 1 bag in a year, 2 at max if the other is relatively within budget...budget cut will take effect. Perhaps pair the purchase with an occasion.
3. Appreciate the ones I already have, give them love and use them up nicely in order to stop craving for more.

1. No more small bags because I always carry so much with me that the clutches and smaller bags in my closet don't get used enough.
2. Be happy with what I currently have.
3. Limit myself to only one or two bags in 2012. I bought way too many this past year!

rotate my bags more frequently- all of them not just the few faves

im only allowed ONE new bag in 2012 (got 6 in 2011, 3 of which were bought last month)

no more SLGs have way to many as is

2. Leather/suede lining only in leather/suede bags

3. No more big bags

I am curious about these two resolutions. What kind of bags had leather/suede lining and were not leather/suede.

From the how do you BV thread, I remember that you carry many things in your bag. Are you saying you have enough big bags or are you downsizing to medium? Or are you saying you don't need any more bags except the summer one?

I am curious about these two resolutions. What kind of bags had leather/suede lining and were not leather/suede.

From the how do you BV thread, I remember that you carry many things in your bag. Are you saying you have enough big bags or are you downsizing to medium? Or are you saying you don't need any more bags except the summer one?

On linings: I just meant that I will try not to buy any leather or suede bags that are lined with anything other than suede or leather lining. No cotton, nylon, linen etc. (The exception being a Summer basket/beach bag - which is the only kinda bag I actually need :P) When we are paying top whack for a bag we should not accept anything less than 'perfection' this year and forever, these designers (including H and C) are getting cheeky and lining their bags with whatever to maximise their mark-up. I can understand some bags are so big that designers need to lighten them but I don't mean travel size. When looking I have been shocked at the cost of some bags considering the materials and general standard of workmanship (that's why I end up back at Gucci). Discovering that Celine have lined their new tumbled leather mini luggage (non-smooth leather versions) NOT in suede but micro-fibre nonsense has put me right off (prob a good thing LOL) Chanel are getting lazy and now H have swapped toile instead of chèvre inside a bag I was planning on someday. I say no, nein, non to declining standards :nogood:

If I do succumb to temptation and buy a non-Summer bag it better not be big because I don't have any space left for storage. Downsizing, What's that? Now that should be my New Year's resolution and not just bags :lol:

Actually thinking about a Summer bag, I don't even really need one of those as I have a fabulous Gucci black woven leather/suede/bamboo bag and a beige canvas and croc Trussardi but I would like something floral or a pretty colour and slightly frivolous. I almost bought a vintage Gucci Flora tote from a posh pre-loved boutique this year but upon inspection I saw unacceptable marks I couldn't live with :beach:

Basically, like many here I have enough bags I am very happy with and am now being extra picky :cool:

Stop being fearful about using what I have and love. There is no point to having nice bags if they stay in my closet because I am afraid of wear and tear and stains.

Sell what I don't use even though I will sell many for far less than what I paid for them. Some money is better than having bags that I don't use or want and getting nothing from them.

For me, my 2012 bag resolutions are:

(1) Use the ALL of bags that I have -- not just the few that I tend to reach for a lot

(2) If I don't reach for a bag often enough, then it needs to go -- sell it or give it away

(3) Only buy bags in colors and styles that I don't already have. Also, I must love the bag (not just like it) and it must be a great deal as I'm on a strict budget for the next year (or more).

My goal for next year is to rotate my bags more frequently. I have more or less used the same bag for over three years, which is crazy considering how many bags I own (and kept buying).