2011 vs 2012 Coquelicot?

Jun 2, 2010
Hello! Does anyone have both that can provide a comparison photo? I've read that the 2011 is a truer red and that the 2012 has an orange undertone? I've tried to do a search for comparisons but couldn't find one.

All the photos of Coquelicot I've seen, from both years, look like very beautiful, true reds.

TIA!

I will try and find a few pics if I still have them (I don't have the bags anymore) but 2011 coquelicot IMO is far more beautiful! The colour, yes a true red, is far more saturated and the leather soft and smooshy. 2012 coquelicot is a little orangey and the one I had was not saturated at all IRL, it had white veins all over and felt a little dry and papery! Just my opininon!

I will try and find a few pics if I still have them (I don't have the bags anymore) but 2011 coquelicot IMO is far more beautiful! The colour, yes a true red, is far more saturated and the leather soft and smooshy. 2012 coquelicot is a little orangey and the one I had was not saturated at all IRL, it had white veins all over and felt a little dry and papery! Just my opininon!

Agree with this :tup:
2011 Coquelicot was better in regards to both colour and leather.

Thank you! I have a Coquelicot on its way to me but i think it's 2012... it has the g12 hardware. It still looks like a beautiful red, but hopefully not as dry and veiny as my Rose Thulian. I have a black Maxi Twiggy and Greige City that are amazingly smooshy and my Rose Thulian Day doesn't get as much love because she just doesn't feel as soft!

Thank you! I have a Coquelicot on its way to me but i think it's 2012... it has the g12 hardware. It still looks like a beautiful red, but hopefully not as dry and veiny as my Rose Thulian. I have a black Maxi Twiggy and Greige City that are amazingly smooshy and my Rose Thulian Day doesn't get as much love because she just doesn't feel as soft!
I have re-dyed mine
It was Rose Thulian, now it's Vermillion

Attachments

• downloadfile-4.jpg
    downloadfile-4.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 214
  • downloadfile-5.jpg
    downloadfile-5.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 210
I sold my 2011 Coquelicot, didn't like the red shade, I must be the only one here that don't like it :biggrin:

Everybody says it it best Bal red ever produced so I bought one because loved seen in photos but, in real life the red it os not that vibrant. Cloncusion, pictured looks really amazing deep rich red but not when you have it in front of you. Leather is nice but.. not. It's just my personal opinion, I was not in luv with that red:angel::-s

Everybody says it it best Bal red ever produced so I bought one because loved seen in photos but, in real life the red it os not that vibrant. Cloncusion, pictured looks really amazing deep rich red but not when you have it in front of you. Leather is nice but.. not. It's just my personal opinion, I was not in luv with that red:angel::-s
I agree. I had a 2011 First. Nice bag, just not my red. I prefer a more neutral red. To my eye this red tends to the warm side.
DSC_0576.JPG

i know what you mean, totally get this "not my red" thing.... it does matter, one tone, one little nuance and the whole look is either a complete miss, or a total winner....

Agree with this :tup:
2011 Coquelicot was better in regards to both colour and leather.
100% AGREE!!!!! The 2011 Coquelicot was almost exact to the 2007 Tomato .. a true, clean Red. Alas, the 2012 (and yes, of course I had both being a HUGE Red lover) definitely had a more orange undertone; as such, I ended up selling the 2012.