2011 Golden Globe Nominees - Did Your Favs Make the List?

I was VERY surprised that Toy Story 3 wasn't nominated in the Musical/Comedy category. I know it got the Animated film nod, but other animated films have been nominated in both categories so I don't quite get that. Most people laughed at the Burlesque nominations, saying that it was because the Musical/Comedy field was so weak this year. I think that's all the more reason why I was so surprised that Toy Story didn't get the nomination in that category (or even Eat, Pray, Love for that matter).

I hear that King's Speech is the front runner and that most people are saying that's an Oscar favorite as well. It'll be interesting to see how well it does compared to the Social Network, which was the favorite going into the nominations

I wish that they'd re-do the Supporting Actor/Actress categories for television. Lumping together ALL of the supporting actors from dramas, comedies AND Mini Series/Made for TV Movies leaves very little room for some very deserving nominations. Chandra Wilson should have been nominated for her performance in last season Grey's Anatomy finale

I'm so happy for Katey Segal :yahoo: it's a well deserved nomination.
It's to bad none of the other cast members from SOA got nominated.

That's fantastic for Boardwalk Empire. It's one of the best drama shows HBO has done in a while. I really hope Steve wins.

I'm not understanding why the Tudors has never been nominated???

^ITA, Katy Sagal FTW!!

And Boardwalk Empire is pretty damn great. Not quite as good as Breaking Bad, I can't believe that wasn't nominated.

I didn't love the movie, but I'm totally rooting for Jennifer Lawrence. She won't win against all those A-listers, but in my fantasies, she would. She is truly talented and so much more interesting than any young actress I've seen in recent memory.

:bump:

Golden Globes are this weekend -- anyone planning on watching?
Who are your favs? Who do you think may (or may not) win?

I think Natalie Portman will win for Black Swan -- there's been SOOOOOO much hype about this movie lately. I swear, I see the movie trailer at least 5x/day (even more during the 1st 2 weeks of its national release!)

I believe Colin Firth will win for King's Speech (I also pick him as the Oscar fav!). Was James Franco nominated? I need to look back at the noms

As for movie, that one's a little tougher -- I'm not so sure BLACK SWAN will win. As I said, there's been so much hype lately, but I'm not sure it's enough to guarantee a Golden Globes win -- I think the SOCIAL NETWORK could end up with the win. It was just released on DVD today (perfect timing to keep it relevant for Oscar season!). The only other movie I think could win it is KING'S SPEECH. It's your typical "award season" movie

TV categories are harder to judge -- I don't even think I'm going to guess as I'm almost ALWAYS wrong when it comes to the Golden Globes and the TV categories!!

I never guess right. Colin Firth is a good pick, though. I love anything he does. That movie sounds so good. Black Swan has received a ton of good publicity.

I'll have to remember to watch the show.

True Grit isn't in the theaters yet; maybe that's why even those who have seen it in screenings didn't nominate it??

I don't think it was the case as The Illusionist was released in the US on Christmas Day and secured a nomination for their category.

I saw True Grit and it was more true to the novel, but the John Wayne original gets the edge for me. Jeff Daniels and Matt Damon are terrific as always. It was a huge snub for True Grit to be completely shut out but hope it'll be nominated for some well-deserved Oscars.

Colin Firth is always fantastic and it's a shame he didn't win for A Single Man. Fingers crossed he'll get his due this Sunday.

I'm hoping Black Swan will come out on top but I definitely see The Social Network winning big since it's done so well.

^Colin Firth deserves an award any time he gets in front of a camera, IMO. I've had a crush on him since he was in some BBC import they showed on PBS years and years ago. I'd never heard of him but it was love at first sight. Maybe The King's Speech will make it his year.

I also think Leo is past due. He doesn't do a bad performance.

^ I agree obviously. ;) Colin and countless others deserve awards & accolades but it always seems to allude them. Case in point, Gary Oldman has sadly never even been nominated and he's great in everything he does IMO.

I was especially impressed with Colin in The King's Speech so we'll see what happens this weekend!

I never guess right. Colin Firth is a good pick, though. I love anything he does. That movie sounds so good.

I cannot believe they didn't give him an Oscar for A Single Man. He was as good as in King's Speech, if not even better. ASM was easily the best performance of that year, in any category. So I'm figuring people haven't forgotten about that yet, on top of what he has done this year.... he has GOT to be a lock on all these awards.

I'm wondering how the Oscar noms will differ from these. I think the Supporting Actor category is packed full of interesting ppl, and I can even think of more who are deserving of a nomination. John Hawkes from Winter's Bone, for example.

Sadly, I think the good roles for women are much fewer and farther between. When they're nominating Mila Kunis, you know something is lacking. And some of these women are great, but did they have much to do? Helena Bonham Carter was great, but hardly the presence Christian Bale was in The Fighter, or Jeremy Renner in The Town. They're stretching to fill it. But still.. I can think of a few in that category who deserve to be there. Dale Dickey, also from Winter's Bone.

I'm wondering how the Oscar noms will differ from these. I think the Supporting Actor category is packed full of interesting ppl, and I can even think of more who are deserving of a nomination. John Hawkes from Winter's Bone, for example.

Sadly, I think the good roles for women are much fewer and farther between. When they're nominating Mila Kunis, you know something is lacking. And some of these women are great, but did they have much to do? Helena Bonham Carter was great, but hardly the presence Christian Bale was in The Fighter, or Jeremy Renner in The Town. They're stretching to fill it. But still.. I can think of a few in that category who deserve to be there. Dale Dickey, also from Winter's Bone.

Remember when Judy Dench won for her role in SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE? She was on screen for what, 10 minutes? And she won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress!!

Going to see The King's Speech this weekend.

Another site has a fan voting slideshow for best drama/Golden Globes. Top vote getter is The King's Speech, followed by Black Swan, The Fighter, Inception, The Social Network.