2011 Christmas/Holiday Gift Idea Thread

schadenfreude13

Look...sparkles!
O.G.
Oct 13, 2010
Thought it would be a good place for people to dump their ideas. I know I'm having trouble for a few people and figured I'd hit up some like-minded gals for ideas.

So, what are you gifting your:

Husband?
If boyfriend/partner, how many years together?
Mother?
Father?
Grandparents?
Daughter?
Son?
Sister?
Brother?
In-laws?
Extended family (aunts, cousins, etc.)?
Best friend?
Group of girlfriends?
Neighbors?
What are you bringing to your casual Gift Exchange (specify if there's a $ limit)

I'll start!

Husband? New strap for his IWC, bedside iPhone dock, books.
Mother? Burberry jacket, Xmas ornament, small makeup goodies
Grandparents? Some kind of gourmet goodies or monthly fruit delivery. Not sure yet.
Sister? Sister 1 is getting a clutch and some shirts, sister 2 is getting sunglasses and some fun jewelry items.
Brother? No clue yet.
In-laws? They don't celebrate.
Extended family (aunts, cousins, etc.)? My nephew is getting a Lego bonanza.
What are you bringing to your casual Gift Exchange (specify if there's a $ limit) No idea yet, we have a $15 limit. Gotta find something "wacky".

Husband? DVD Set and some small gifts (lotion, calendar, sweets)
Mother? Laptop case, room scent thing (with the sticks out the top) and also a face cream
Father? Pyjama set and some specialties from Germany (he lives in the States)
Grandparents? Dunno yet, still stuck on this one!
Daughter? Nicole (8): Barbie Dream House, Ken Doll, Chrystal-growing set Julia (4.5): a "bedroom set" for her Baby Born doll and clothes
Son? Alex (2.5) a train set
In-laws? DH's mom is getting a calender with pictures of all her grand children
Extended family (aunts, cousins, etc.)? My aunt and uncle are getting a calendar with pictures from our vacation this summer

The dog? New bed for my mums house, toys and treats.
Boyfriend? Records, Warm clothes for when he´s on the bike and a basketball top.
Mother? New DVD player, trousers, jumper, coat and boots.
Father? DVD´s, books, cologne, t-shirt and various little bits.
Grandparents? Diary and Christmas decorations.
Step father? Motorbike suit.
Sister? CD´s pyjamas, make-up, clothes and bits and pieces.
Work? Box with wine and cheese.
Boyfriends niece? Bag and hoody.
Boyfriends nephew? Microscope.
Boyfriends brother 1? No idea
Boyfriends brother 2? No idea
Boyfriends sister? Bubble bath set and jumper.
Boyfriends mum? House coat and bubble bath set.
Boyfriends dad? No idea
Boyfriends brothers girlfriend? No idea
Extended family? Little things from Spain because they are in Scotland and Canada.

I feel like I´m buying for everyone this year.

Husband: Sweater, Hoodie, Cologne, Gift Certificate to play a round of golf at Country Club
Mother: Uggs, Collectible Ornament, Perfume, 3 Pandora Beads (Gift Certificate to a Restaurant & Framed photos from my wedding is for both my parents)
Father: Glass Mickey Salt & Pepper Grinders, Gift Certificate to play a round of golf at Country Club
My Grandparents: Photo album from my wedding, Gift cards for a few of their fav. restaurants
Brother: Gift Card
Furbabies: Assortment of bones, treats and toys. I might get them a new bed too.
In-laws: Framed photos from my wedding, Gift Certificate to a Restaurant
DH's Grandparents: Photo albums and framed photos from my wedding
DH's Godmother: 2 Yankee Candles
Colleagues: Candle or Wine stopper (depending on person)
Boss: Gift card for Starbucks

DH and I usually don't buy for his grandparents, but since we got married this summer it was the perfect opportunity to give them nice family photos.

I know that this doesn't really follow the format, but what do you guys think I should get my boyfriend?
He's 19.. i was thinking about getting him a nice bottle of Gucci cologne or something, but I have ran out of ideas :c I want to spend around 70-80 $. He likes snowboards and traveling and reading and cars..
Help Please? Thanks :flowers:

SO: A watch and a few PS3 games.
Kitties: New cat tree and lots of treats and toys in their stocking!Parents: Out of the country but I got them a set of crystal vases for their new house when I went back home in Nov!
Siblings: Again, not in the same country. Have sent care packages with aussie treats and random things for them and their kids.
In-laws? NCIS & JAG dvd sets for FFIL, a whole heap of requested garden accessories for FMIL !
Extended family (aunts, cousins, etc.)? Bag of goodies from a local patisserie
Best friend? Same plus a Tiffany's pen to celebrate her first job too.
Group of girlfriends? Same as extended family plus pandora charms

Colleagues:
Home made rocky road as requested (I put gummies and candy canes in them!) :smile:

I know that this doesn't really follow the format, but what do you guys think I should get my boyfriend?
He's 19.. i was thinking about getting him a nice bottle of Gucci cologne or something, but I have ran out of ideas :c I want to spend around 70-80 $. He likes snowboards and traveling and reading and cars..
Help Please? Thanks :flowers:

How long have you been with your boyfriend? Cologne is a hit-or-miss type of gift. If you don't know him that long, you may not know that he hates certain smells / fragrances.

Mother: A perfume or a silk scarf.
Father: A pen or a tie.
Cousin (since I don't have any siblings and he's the only relative my age I can consider as a "brother"):a wool scarf or a perfume or a pair of cufflings.
God-son (I'm a god mather and he's 7): toys, toys and more toys! LOL