2011 black leather, please help!!!

I know the leather varies from bag to bag, but how would you describe 2011 black leather in general?

Is it smoother or more distressed?
Is it more matte or glossy?
Is it thicker or thinner?
Is it dry?
Is it jet black?
Dose it have blue or green undertone?

And is there a difference between S/S black and F/W black?
What do you think of the 2011 black comparing to other years?

I'm about to buy a black velo GGH sight unseen, so I really need some information and opinion before making the purchase.

Is there any SA in the Vegas boutiques that you recommend?

Is it smoother or more distressed?
Mine is on the distressed end of the spectrum.
Is it more matte or glossy?
Quite matte.
Is it thicker or thinner?
Average to thick.
Is it dry?
Mine is not dry at all.
Is it jet black?
No undertone so far.
Dose it have blue or green undertone?
As above.
And is there a difference between S/S black and F/W black?
Don't have a 2011ss black.
What do you think of the 2011 black comparing to other years?
Better than the 09 black for sure. My 09ss(?) PT was very dry and veiny.
I don't know how it compares to other years but it's nice enough for me.

Is it smoother or more distressed? smooth
Is it more matte or glossy?matte
Is it thicker or thinner?thick
Is it dry?no
Is it jet black?yes
Dose it have blue or green undertone?none
Great SA - Jackie forum shops.

I have a 2011 f/w RH City.

Is it smoother or more distressed? --> very distressed
Is it more matte or glossy? --> glossy
Is it thicker or thinner? --> it's the thinnest out of my 4 bbags (which were deliberately chosen for their chewiness and thickness) but i'd still rate it as average, i have no problems with this as it's not papery thin, and i tend to think it makes my city even lighter in weight
Is it dry? --> not at all
Is it jet black? --> soft black, not really jet black as 2010 but i don't have any issues
Dose it have blue or green undertone? --> no undertones at all

I love my black city for how distressed and glossy it is... and I also love the soft black color tone which blends better with my wardrobe for some reason (than jet black). It is not as thick as my other bbags, but i think its relative thinness contributes to how incredibly soft it is, even during its brand new stage.

Is there any SA in the Vegas boutiques that you recommend?

Sorry I do not know much about 2011 black leather since I returned the GSH velo that I purchased.

But in the week that I owned it: I personally thought it was distressed, matte, thicker, not dry, it was more black than my 2010 F/W RH black velo. I believe this was the 2011 S/S leather. Overall, 2009 > 2011 > 2010 in terms of leather quality and colour for me.

For SAs, I recommend Nelson from the Las Vegas City Center boutique. Very attentive and makes the transaction a breeze for me. My experience with him was that I called on 10/31 looking for a GSH Atlantique Velo, he said he had it and told me I should buy it on that day before the price increase. He processed the sale for me in a matter of hours and I received the bag within days. He did NOT do that, "ooh, I forgot to process your transaction, so now I have to charge you the new price" tactic. That should speak volume about his customer service.

On the other hand, there is the Las Vegas Forum. I initially emailed them early October looking for the same handbag since I usually dealt with a Chiemi from the store. I received an email saying Chiemi no longer worked there and that they would put me on a waiting list for the GSH Atlantique velo. Never heard from them and get this, a couple of weeks ago, I received an e-mail from this boutique about a sale and the signee was "Chiemi". So yes, I think I'm switching allegiance now.