2010 Spring/Summer Trends

Jan 25, 2009
It has been stated that the 2010 Spring/Summer handbag style is clutches, small size bags and shoulder bags - does that mean boston bags and speedys are a no-go this upcoming season?

Maybe to the designers but not to Beenie :P. I am also not the MOST stylish person and wear what I like, not dependent on fashion (not always a good thing). I kind of feel like Boston/Speedy type bags have and always will be in style. Just my opinion.

I like to break the so called fashion rules and would feel quite comfortable carrying my past season bags, especially if they're hand carry styles such as the LV Speedy, Ribeira MM, Souflot, Papillon, Bedford, and Gucci Boston :P

Last edited:
I just add to my collection not renew.

I do need a couple of nice clutches so this might be a good season to buy one but I'm with the others, I'll buy/where what I like and suits me not Gucci

I think the bostons and speedys are timeless. Plus when i'm paying that kind of money for bags, I wear what I like and when I want no matter what's IN style at that time.
Its more about what goes with my outfit!

Everyone is making perfectly good sense. I love the boston/speedy style, but I was just thinking maybe it's time for a different style handbag especially since Spring/Summer 2010 trends are out. I wonder is there a such thing as having too many bags of one shape style?

I know the fashion magazines say clutches and small bags are in, and I do love clutches but one needs big bags, hobos, speedys, bostons to go to work, school, errands, and when traveling. Celebs haven't given up their huge bags. I think their is a place for clutches (like for evening) but, there will always be a place for larger bags. So lets continue to carry our bigger bags and look cute!