2009 Golden Globes red carpet: celebrities & fashion!

Am I the only one who thinks Anne Hathaway looks anorexic?

I think Anne is stunning - I love that she embraces her pale skin and doesn't try to be another tanned blonde young actress. But, I agree, she is getting very thin as of late. I think she looks better with a little more meat on her bones. I'm going to give her a pass on the weight thing as I think she's had a rough past few months.

Cameron Diaz... I like her, but she always looks like she rolled out of bed 30 minutes before the awards show and realized, "I have to be there in 30 minutes!" and just threw on whatever dress she could hurriedly grab, slapped on some lipstick, and didn't brush her hair. Maybe that's just her style - kooky & disorganized? I think she's beautiful, but I prefer a more pulled-together look.

I think I may be the only person on earth who thinks Debra Messing is just ugh. The only thing I think she's got going for her is the red hair. And even that looked bad just thrown in a random ponytail.

Regarding cleavage, I say if you've got it (esp. naturally!) - why not flaunt it? Christina Hendricks and Salma Hayek both looked amazing.

L:heart:VE Maggie's Lanvin ensemble:

r2608944878.jpg

I saw Mickey Rourke on CBS Sunday Morning and it was such a touching story. Basically, he was a boxer and then made it big in acting but he was so angry because he had been abused as a child, that he screwed up his life by doing drugs and ruining his marriage. So, after being out of the scene for a while, he decided to go back to his first love, boxing. He really messed up his face doing it (hence all the surgeries) and then got that role in that movie. The movie so parallelled (sp?) his own story. He seemed so humbled and grateful to have had a second chance at life and sorry about all the things he had screwed up. I will never say another thing about how messed up he looks because it was really a touching story. I thought.

^^ he is really a humbled guy. in his speech, when he thanked his dogs, my eyes totally teared up. to be that alone and in a place when you literally have no one there for or with you, and then to be where he is now - that's a real success story. he deserves his award and i am so glad that he won :smile: