2008 Aged calfskin black reissue - YES in 226 too

IceEarl

O.G.
May 12, 2007
Hi, some pfers were wondering if the 2008 matte reissues are released in size 226, the answer is yes.
I was at the Hong Kong airport Chanel this morning, saw aged calfskin black (matte) reissues in both vintage gold and gun metal hardwares.

The one with the vintage gold HW comes in size 225, 226 and 227, price of 226 is HKD 24500, 227 is HKD 26000, didn't ask price for 225.
(Exchange rate USD1=HKD7.8)

The one with the gunmetal HW only comes in 2 size, sorry, can't rememebr which 2 :P

One observation on the 2008 matte black reissue with Gold HW, the gold chain felt really light in my hands, nearly weightless as compared to my 2005 matte black reissue chain... Hm... good or bad? I'm not sure, but personally I would prefer the heavier chain from 2005.

And, ignorant me :P, I saw a classic flap measured at 9 inches long, is this the small size? As I know the medlarge is 10 inches long. Also, this is the first time that I saw a beige classic flap in lambskin, looks rich and delicious!!

There were matte silver (greyish) and matte gold python reissues, very stunning but low key in a way, must be expensive.....a lot of pieces from the PB line, Camelia peep-toe wedges, Camelia kitty heels ... please don't ask me about the prices as I didn't have time to stay too long in the boutique.

So that's all for my report ... :smile:

I'm here! Hahahaa how you know I sure DROOL over the python?? I WANT PYTHON!!!! I think I would prefer the matte gold python... SIGH.

Thanks for posting this S, bleah my black reissue with gold hw is no longer "rare" since they're relaunching..

Hi S, I wish I were still living in HK. Just love shopping in HK. :P

I have confirmed the sizes & terms from SAs (Canada & US):

A35200 (mini) 13 x 17 x 6 cm
A01113 (medium) 14.5 x 23.5 x 6.5 cm -> small in US

A01112 (large) 16 x 25.5 x 7.5 cm -> M/L in US
A28600 (jumbo) 20 x 30 x 10 cm
A28598 (baguette) 12.5 x 25 x 6 cm

Hi, some pfers were wondering if the 2008 matte reissues are released in size 226, the answer is yes.
I was at the Hong Kong airport Chanel this morning, saw aged calfskin black (matte) reissues in both vintage gold and gun metal hardwares.

The one with the vintage gold HW comes in size 225, 226 and 227, price of 226 is HKD 24500, 227 is HKD 26000, didn't ask price for 225.
(Exchange rate USD1=HKD7.8)

The one with the gunmetal HW only comes in 2 size, sorry, can't rememebr which 2 :P

One observation on the 2008 matte black reissue with Gold HW, the gold chain felt really light in my hands, nearly weightless as compared to my 2005 matte black reissue chain... Hm... good or bad? I'm not sure, but personally I would prefer the heavier chain from 2005.

And, ignorant me :P, I saw a classic flap measured at 9 inches long, is this the small size? As I know the medlarge is 10 inches long. Also, this is the first time that I saw a beige classic flap in lambskin, looks rich and delicious!!

There were matte silver (greyish) and matte gold python reissues, very stunning but low key in a way, must be expensive.....a lot of pieces from the PB line, Camelia peep-toe wedges, Camelia kitty heels ... please don't ask me about the prices as I didn't have time to stay too long in the boutique.

So that's all for my report ... :smile:

HI IceEarl...
the 227 is hkd26000 now???
(i bought the metallic black 227, and it was hkd24100)...so the price gone up again for pre fall??? or aged calfskin (matte) is suppose to be more expensive then metallic calfskin???

i am looking for a 226, what else colour do they have???
TIA!!!

Last edited: