2007 leather color opinion

Jul 30, 2008
Alright, here's the deal. I'm a newly minted bal addict, as in, oh yeah, definitely 3 in the last two weeks :nuts:

I got my pale mag 08 step from rdc, outremer rh city, and sang ggh city on the way. I really really like both violet and jaune from 2007, and am looking at a nice jaune sgh city, but now Erica threw a wrench in that possible plan as she listed a violet step. I love both styles equally as they are simply different looks. Which color is the winner? They would both fit with my wardrobe. Does one wear better than the other in terms of showing dirt, quality of chevre, etc.? I'm thinking jaune would get dirty more easily. What are your thoughts ladies?

I wore my Violet Day to death! It is a wonderful, wearable color in my opinion. I always wished that I'd also gotten Jaune, but I don't think that I would have carried it quite as much.

Thanks for all your opinions ladies! I think I'm leaning toward violet, partly cuz it's a step and I love that style! Cities are always around. They are both gorgy, harder to find colors, so this is rough! I wear denim with black and pops of color, with the occasional cream/brown thrown in. Both colors would prob. work for my wardrobe, but I need versatility, and what would wear best as I don't totally baby my bags. I tend to be drawn to pinks, purples, purpley blues/navies and reds most, so the jaune is a bit of a departure, but I love the mustard color. I also get drawn to the occasional green, but can never quite pull the trigger...

My first instinct is the Jaune, because it will diversify your collection and give you some more options down the road...

...but, if you wear a lot of denim and don't want to be especially careful with your bag, Violet is probably the way to go. Unless you are crazy tall, the City is always going to brush up against your jeans, potentially causing problems with the Jaune.

I, personally, have never had color transfer issues with my lighter Bals, but I would probably feel nervous with a Jaune City for that reason. Maybe you can add a yellow or a pale color in a Twiggy, or some other "safe from denim transfer" style in the future.

As you said, there's always another one around the corner!!!

ooo...good question. i have both and use both but i have to admit that i use the violet more. so really, it has to depend on your wardrobe. what would go better with our clothes?