2006 vs.2012 flap. Which to choose?

prettycitygirl

Metro
O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
I'm looking at two M/L black caviar w/shw bags on the preloved market.

For arguments sake, both bags new, which would you choose?

I ask, as I've read a lot of comments regarding quality of the caviar leather in recent years.

I would appreciate your thoughts, insight, opinions.

Thank you!

Both in new condition. A $450 price difference (older flap being less). I wish I could put my hands on both of them :sad: but they look alike. The older has the black interior, but outside they appear the same.

Personally i would most definetly get the modern bag, especially with such a small price difference. Some may disagree, but I think the quality has become better.

And double flap, although heavier keeps the shape of the bag better. It feels more sturdy and solid.

Just my opinions...

Personally i would most definetly get the modern bag, especially with such a small price difference. Some may disagree, but I think the quality has become better.

And double flap, although heavier keeps the shape of the bag better. It feels more sturdy and solid.

Just my opinions...

Ah yes m/l would both be double flap.

Can you compare the two bags Person?

Thank you all for your input.

To answer your question, EVS, I cannot compare in person.

The 2012 bag is in new condition. The 2006 bag is in "like new" condition. There isn't any flaws on either bag worth mentioning.

The only noticable difference (besides the interior color) is that the newer bag seems a bit more shiney (as far as caviar goes). Maybe a bit darker in color as well. But that could really come down to lighting and the photography skills of the reseller.

My husband says get the newer one. I guess I'm just on the fence because I've read that the newer bags have poor quality when compared to the older caviar bags. That the older bags have a thicker feel leather, whereas the newer bags have a lighter, thinner feel - less than steller apperance. I personally, have no reference from which to judge.

Thank you all for your input.

To answer your question, EVS, I cannot compare in person.

The 2012 bag is in new condition. The 2006 bag is in "like new" condition. There isn't any flaws on either bag worth mentioning.

The only noticable difference (besides the interior color) is that the newer bag seems a bit more shiney (as far as caviar goes). Maybe a bit darker in color as well. But that could really come down to lighting and the photography skills of the reseller.

My husband says get the newer one. I guess I'm just on the fence because I've read that the newer bags have poor quality when compared to the older caviar bags. That the older bags have a thicker feel leather, whereas the newer bags have a lighter, thinner feel - less than steller apperance. I personally, have no reference from which to judge.

2wch8g1.jpg