2006 Leather = Different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
layla said:
Aw, hatikuh, you too? I am sorry to hear that. :sad:
Yes, unfortunately that's exactly what I described too in my original post.

Damn Balenciaga! :mad:

Yes... I don't think it's because of use though. I got it second (or third?) hand, but previous owners never worn the bag. And it came like that. I thought of swapping the tassels with the one that's still wrapped, and even those are white-ish on some parts of the sides so I just use whatever's already there :sad: I still love the bag though. The leather has softened up considerably with use, and even parts where leather is doubled/thicker has become slouchy. I just wonder if dye issue is specifically a problem with f/w 05 bags...

hatikuh said:
Yes... I don't think it's because of use though. I got it second (or third?) hand, but previous owners never worn the bag. And it came like that. I thought of swapping the tassels with the one that's still wrapped, and even those are white-ish on some parts of the sides so I just use whatever's already there :sad: I still love the bag though. The leather has softened up considerably with use, and even parts where leather is doubled/thicker has become slouchy. I just wonder if dye issue is specifically a problem with f/w 05 bags...

I think so, no one else has complained besides us 05'ers. The tassel on the front pocket zipper was white-ish - luckily the ones in plastic weren't - so I just took one of those and switched it.

LivinLuxuriously said:
I think so, no one else has complained besides us 05'ers. The tassel on the front pocket zipper was white-ish - luckily the ones in plastic weren't - so I just took one of those and switched it.

I agree LivinLuxuriously. Never had a problem prior to F/W 05.

aaallabama said:
wow, that wasn't a very nice thing to say to our girl LL :sad:

p.s. hmmmmmmmm, now i'm thinking "inside joke"?

They're just rude - definitely not an inside joke. These women LOVE to stalk my posts and make rude remarks. It's okay, I'm used to it - and the mods are already onto it ;)

Oh, I have no BBs. I shouldn't have an opinion but I do, lol. Even though I cringed when I was reading about Magic Markers, I have to admit, it's an ingenious idea. I was holding my breath till you said it came out just right. You are a very brave woman!

I remember when I first saw the Bubblegum Pink, the "dye job" was very uneven ... that's why I've never liked this color. However, I've noticed a little of the same with the Apple Green (although not as bad).

So, while I like the old leather better, it seems to me as though the newer leather colors are more even (due to the new leather perhaps?).

I had heard rumors that Balenciaga was considering changing the leather again (a little thicker like the old bags), but still haven't really had confirmation.

Totally agree on the difference from one bag to the other .. saw a Ink Messenger the other day (very purple-y; more like the Eggplant), and the leather was much thicker than my Emerald City ... darn.

"A bunch of nobodies really."

It's comments like these that make me think these people have a reason for "stalking" you, as you dramatically put it. I've seen your bags and your photos, nothing anyone's said has been untrue. Perhaps they're just fed up with your superior attitude, and your running and crying to the mods whenever you need support.

You sure didn't have it on the previous board you created and then got KICKED OFF OF.

A little respect goes both ways, don't you think? Of course, this post will be gone in two seconds because the mods on this board are more interested in choosing who is allowed to cause "drama" and sticking their fingers in their ears when rational people have the gall to speak up about people like "livinluxuriously." (Funniest, most absurd screen name EVER.)

And clean your house. You live like a pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.