2004 Black Classique w/ Silver Hware

winona77 said:
I should also apologize because Cilla this was absolutely NOT directed at you as an individual!!.:heart: :flowers: Many people have paid over retail in the last 6 months, and it's totally become the norm.

I'm a supportive person, I'm saying it in support of everyone here, you know?
Bag prices shouldn't be that high, the sellers are in SHOCK. This week the seller of the Flat Brass told me that she was totally frazzled by a non-legit offer of 1500 for her bag, she said that she's sold 4 original ledix and has never seen anything like this...she was ENTIRELY confused.
It's US, WE are making them that high by bidding against each other, and it's really too bad because I love this forum and I love all of you...but I hate what we've done to the market...and inadvertently to our own pocketbooks.
No worries, I completely understand your position. I do feel kinda of bad to those of you I bidded against, hopefully no hard feelings? I just really fell in love with this bag.

I don't think there's ever been a "riff" over a bag. Maybe all the "riffing" is done during bidding ;)
I stayed out of this one entirely, as gorgeous as this bag is.
I passed on the black classique 04' for $800, so I suppose I'm over it for me.
But I can always drool over yours Cilla.
Post photo's the MOMENT you get it!

Congrats Cilla!

I personally think the high prices make sense. The older Balenciagas are pretty collectible, there was a small amount made each season back then and it did not fulfill the demand. As the bags get older and older, they become harder to find, and even more rare - and the demand increases (because let's face it, there are a LOT of people interested in these bags!) - so supply is very limited and the bags are very rare and collectible --- and demand is very high, so it makes total sense to me that as the months and years go by the prices will only continue to increase...........

^ I agree, Mimz.

Cilla, congratulations! The leather looks out of this world and the silver hardware really pops on the black.

I'm sure she'll be worth every penny when you get her into your hands and onto your arm. Can't wait for pics!

winona77 said:
I should also apologize because Cilla this was absolutely NOT directed at you as an individual!!.:heart: :flowers: Many people have paid over retail in the last 6 months, and it's totally become the norm

I'm a supportive person, I'm saying it in support of everyone here, you know?
Bag prices shouldn't be that high, the sellers are in SHOCK. This week the seller of the Flat Brass told me that she was totally frazzled by a non-legit offer of 1500 for her bag, she said that she's sold 4 original ledix and has never seen anything like this...she was ENTIRELY confused.
It's US, WE are making them that high by bidding against each other, and it's really too bad because I love this forum and I love all of you...but I hate what we've done to the market...and inadvertently to our own pocketbooks.

totally agree with you winona!:yes:
congrats cilla!:yahoo:

congrats, cilla!

my thoughts are that demand will ultimately dictate the market price, and we have some serious demand generated by this forum. crazy serious!

The prices on ebay are, to a large degree, driven by posts made on this sub-forum. That is fairly obvious. Hopefully, people can take a minute and think before they end up spending too much on a bag that they will have difficulty recouping their costs on.

Not directed at you, Cilla. Directed at the supply/demand comments surrounding recent prices.

^ They are totally driven by this forum. I don't remember a time when someone who wasn't from this forum won a bag that went over retail.
Unless an older bag is mint, I don't think it's worth paying over retail.
Of course people who own all of the old bags are going to disagree with me, because they are in a different market than the majority of us. A seller's market, a sellers headspace.

tln said:
The prices on ebay are, to a large degree, driven by posts made on this sub-forum. That is fairly obvious. Hopefully, people can take a minute and think before they end up spending too much on a bag that they will have difficulty recouping their costs on.

Not directed at you, Cilla. Directed at the supply/demand comments surrounding recent prices.

I understand. In my case I am not worried about recouping my money, I want it badly.....so I got it. I don't anticipate ever selling it. The seller told me she will mail it out today so I should get it soon.:yahoo:

Thanks for the congratulations.:flowers:

cilla said:
I understand. In my case I am not worried about recouping my money, I want it badly.....so I got it. I don't anticipate ever selling it. The seller told me she will mail it out today so I should get it soon.:yahoo:

Thanks for the congratulations.:flowers:

I'm glad you'll be getting something you want so badly! I know exactly how that feels. ;)