$200 for sunnies?

Twinklette

Over*the*Rainbow
Feb 22, 2006
I saw these sunnies and love them. Ash Olsen has been sporting them (Oliver Peoples Tara). I can get them for $200 but am wondering if it's a smart investment :sad2: I just broke my Target cheapies so I'm figuring maybe it's karma to get the Taras lol? I have long brown hair, small round face, would these look ok?

asj.jpg

sunnies.jpg

jillybean307

Wanderlust
O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
I think they're really cute. $200 isn't horrific for sunglasses, even Coach's sunglasses are hovering around $178-$198. Just be really careful with them & remember to put them back in the case right away so you don't break them.

lvobsessed

Mar 15, 2006
Very nice :nuts:

Twinklette said:
I saw these sunnies and love them. Ash Olsen has been sporting them (Oliver Peoples Tara). I can get them for $200 but am wondering if it's a smart investment :sad2: I just broke my Target cheapies so I'm figuring maybe it's karma to get the Taras lol? I have long brown hair, small round face, would these look ok?

View attachment 10958

View attachment 10959

LVmom

sleepless in The Lou
O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
I just had to have the Chanel 5080b's. I kept seeing Denise Richards with them and it became my ambition to get them. I think if you love them you will treat them like gold. If you have to have them,get them!

pidgeon92

O.G.
Feb 8, 2006
Sunglasses certainly can be expensive. And like bags, you can certainly have more than one! I currently have a pair of Stussys that I bought on vacation maybe six years ago (I think they were $150 at that time). Last year I bought a pair of Serengetis that were $200, and last week I bought a pair of Oakleys to knock around and keep in my bag, they were $100 (I still can't believe I bought a pair of $100 sunglasses to "knock around"). But I think they are fun! The frame is black plastic, and the lenses are called "ruby." The lenses are gold/red if you look at them from the outside, but appear just like normal dark lenses when wearing. Pic of the new Oakleys is attached!

Attachments

• Oakleys.jpg
    Oakleys.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 23