$200 for H to do a global search?

Jul 31, 2007
Thats what SA told me. Has anyone ever heard of this?? She's been my SA for a while now....and she always searches other H stores for me, but never globally. I was looking for the Tiger in Black and the only one left in the US is damaged. When I inquired into a global search, she said thats what it would cost.

Thats what SA told me. Has anyone ever heard of this?? She's been my SA for a while now....and she always searches other H stores for me, but never globally. I was looking for the Tiger in Black and the only one left in the US is damaged. When I inquired into a global search, she said thats what it would cost.

I have never heard of this! Has H gone stark raving mad?!!

I've had H do a global search and it never cost me anything! Apparently it's really easy now, they just put a request through their computers to Paris who do a search and then relay the information back to the store, it may take a couple of weeks for them to get back to you though!

Does she mean you have to put down a deposit of $200 for the piece? My stores implied to me if they do a global search there is an obligation to buy, I have not been asked for any deposit or fees thou, and I have always followed through with the purchases.

She said it was $200 because the process was very difficult. But Im searching for a shawl that is $950. I mean, I'm not searching for a twilly, KWIM.

If its a deposit, then thats totally fine. But thats not what she said. It sounded like a fee....maybe it included shipping.

^^^^^
I would call her back and ask her to clarify if this is a separate fee or if it is a deposit on the shawl. If it is a separate fee, that is totally insane.

Yes, do call and clarify. My thought is that she was letting you know that the shipping & handling fee is $200... rather than $200 to do a search.

Even if this is a shipping and handling fee - $200 is waaayyy too much! It doesn't cost that much to ship a shawl anywhere in this world.