Review $20 ELF Beauty Best Sellers Makeup & Brush Set

DivaCrat09

GlamorBelle.com
Mar 30, 2009
So I purchased this kit for about $20 with a code. I :heart: that this came with 18 items! My only gripe is with some of the brushes. They were kinda "dusty." I have posted all pictures in the video since I cannot post links to my blog.

Tell what you think of ELF brushes and makeup. I am semi-new to ELF but the prices are so cheap! It's addicting! :biggrin:

I have bought a number of Elf brushes, the price is low for sure. I do like some of them. Not sure they will hold up though

I agree about them not being able to hold up. One of the brushes that I purchased earlier this year (Feb/March) is loose at the base of the bristles. :sad: Not bad for $3 though.

I only owned one elf brush. It didn't last very long for me. The head detached from the wood after only few uses. But it was one of the dollar ones so I wasn't to upset =)

The only ELF brush I've ever really liked was the eyeshadow brush.

My favorite bargain brushes are the synthetic line from Abbamart. The natural hair ones were too scratchy for me, but holy cow the synthetic ones from them are amazing! Many of the brushes are only $3 there as well. I have a pencil brush from them that outperforms all the others I've tried.

The only ELF brush I've ever really liked was the eyeshadow brush.

My favorite bargain brushes are the synthetic line from Abbamart. The natural hair ones were too scratchy for me, but holy cow the synthetic ones from them are amazing! Many of the brushes are only $3 there as well. I have a pencil brush from them that outperforms all the others I've tried.

Thanks for the tip about the brushes! I agree with you about natural vs synthetic brushes...I prefer the synthetic. Since my skin is somewhat sensitive I have to be careful. I like the pencil/bullet brush from ELF but I don't use it as much as the ELF eyeshadow brush or the flat brush from Sonya Kashuk (from Target). The Sonya Kashuk brush is my favorite!

I have most of the ELF Studio brushes and really like them. I have not had any issues with durability, and I bought mine almost 3 years ago. For $3 each, I don't expect them to last 10 years like my MAC or Hakuhodo brushes, but if they last 2-3 years I'm happy. The flat-top powder brush can't be beat!

I also love the ELF Studio blushes - Twinkle Pink & Candid Coral are amazing. Twinkle Pink is a really, really close dupe for NARS Orgasm/Super Orgasm. I also love the Golden Bronzer, which is a close dupe for Dior Amber Diamond, and a pretty golden highlighter. I'm wearing that one today.

Most of my makeup is higher-end brands, but I think ELF has a lot of nice dupes for $3 each. It is one of the drugstore brands I love.

I have most of the ELF Studio brushes and really like them. I have not had any issues with durability, and I bought mine almost 3 years ago. For $3 each, I don't expect them to last 10 years like my MAC or Hakuhodo brushes, but if they last 2-3 years I'm happy. The flat-top powder brush can't be beat!

I also love the ELF Studio blushes - Twinkle Pink & Candid Coral are amazing. Twinkle Pink is a really, really close dupe for NARS Orgasm/Super Orgasm. I also love the Golden Bronzer, which is a close dupe for Dior Amber Diamond, and a pretty golden highlighter. I'm wearing that one today.

Most of my makeup is higher-end brands, but I think ELF has a lot of nice dupes for $3 each. It is one of the drugstore brands I love.

I have never heard about Hakuhodo brushes...is there anything special about them?

I've never tried ELF's blushes. I have heard that ELF's eye shadows are hit or miss...their pigments are not bad.

Thanks for the info on the dupes! :tup: I know people RAVE about NARS Super Orgasm /Orgasm blushes. It's always good to have a replacement if you're running low on cash.

I love the 3 dollar studio brushes from elf My brushes must be 4-5 years old My favorites are the "c" brush and also the flat top powder brush. Also love the brush shampoo

I love the 3 dollar studio brushes from elf My brushes must be 4-5 years old My favorites are the "c" brush and also the flat top powder brush. Also love the brush shampoo

Thanks for sharing. I did not know they [ELF] had brush shampoo...I might try it since I know it will be inexpensive. I hope my brushes last that long!