(2) SNAD claims filed - I'm the seller - Advice Please.

MAGJES

O.G.
Dec 13, 2008
I haven't sold on ebay for years and unfortunately decided to sell a few things back in June.....just some JCrew summer clothes. The same chick bought 5 of my auction listings......all shirts.
Tonight I get a message from ebay that the buyer has opened a claim on (2) of the auctions (It has been 4 weeks since she paid) and her complaint is that the underarms are turning yellow. I actually never wore these shirts but still sold them as used clothing (NOT new). If you wear clothes and sweat in them you will probably get yellow underarm stains right?? :P I guess she wants me to take back her worn clothes now.
Her claim also stated that she tried contacting me but I did not respond. This is not true. I have not been contacted by this buyer.
I'm sure that I will receive "used" clothing back although I mailed out new items. I know that I have no choice but to take her return but is there anything I can do to fight her on this?? ....especially after it's been 4 weeks.

I think the key phrase is "turning yellow." She did not state they came yellow, she said they are now turning that way; to me this is a slam dunk win for the seller. My opinion only, but I would fight this one.

I just checked my paypal balance and it shows a negative for the entire amount the seller paid me but she's only complaining about a few of the items. Why did they neg my account for the entire amount and not just for the (2) listings she's complaining about??

I just checked my paypal balance and it shows a negative for the entire amount the seller paid me but she's only complaining about a few of the items. Why did they neg my account for the entire amount and not just for the (2) listings she's complaining about??

Probably this is a PP thing - when she filed a claim for the transaction, they froze the whole transaction amount rather than what she's asking for.

I would certainly fight this also - you should not have to take back things that you sold simply because she sweat in them. :nogood:

How do I fight the claim? The buyer has now escalated and it states that a decision will be made within 72 hrs.

Call PayPal and talk to someone on the phone. Make sure to point them to the correspondences that she sent you - I believe that if you go to the claim through your PP page, there will be a place for you to add information (I forget how it's labeled) and you should be able to upload or type in information.

Respond to the claim and point out that the underarms were not yellow when you sent them, that the buyer claims they are turning yellow from her own use (sweating in them) and you are not responsible for what damages she causes from use.

Thats like putting in a claim for weeks later and complaining they spilled marinara sauce all down the front.
Did they leave feedback after receiving the items?

Definitely call paypal and respond to the claim. If you ignore it, the buyer will win.

How do I fight the claim? The buyer has now escalated and it states that a decision will be made within 72 hrs.
You can upload her message and show PP. Go to the resolution center to view the claim. There are options for you to click and one of them is upload files. Save the message on your PC and then upload it to the PP claim with info about the new versus worn items. Good luck.

Respond to the claim and point out that the underarms were not yellow when you sent them, that the buyer claims they are turning yellow from her own use (sweating in them) and you are not responsible for what damages she causes from use.

Definitely call paypal and respond to the claim. If you ignore it, the buyer will win.

All of this. What an absolutely disgusting buyer, who does that?!!!

I appreciate all the advice! It's an ebay claim (not a paypal one) and I have a negative balance in my paypal account due to the hold. When I view my paypal account it does not list any paypal claims just the ebay hold.
There is no where to add any info from me via ebay about the claim anymore....is calling them my only option?

It should have a place to respond... You NEED to respond somehow, otherwise the buyer wins by default. Calling is the BEST and QUICKEST way to respond if you can't find where to do it on your account.

I called ebay last night and talked with someone about everything but unfortunately it did not work. I just received an email stating the case is closed and the buyer has been refunded. (without even shipping the sweaty mess back to me). How in the world did that happen? Buyers can KEEP their items AND the money now?????

"We reviewed the case and have decided to issue the buyer a refund of $xxxxxxx without any impact to you. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping."