2 overdue spring reveals and strap-revamp

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
hey everyone!

i wanted to share two reveals for two bags i bought months ago, but haven't shared with everyone, yet! plus, some work i did on my first boogie :P

i had a blue hawaiian sexbomb hidden away, that i had planned to use in the fall, hehe. it's a summery color but my outfits sometimes make no sense anyway, and i even wear bright summery dresses in the winter with tights and layered with other stuff :P

but thanks to all the pre-fall bags coming out, i've been carrying the SB this week!

bhsb1.jpg

bhsb2.jpg

bhsb3.jpg

such a happy, bright neon blue, and goes with my bh chicklit!! ^_^

this is my FAVORITE bag so far, that i own. maybe because it reminds me of my first love affair with tano, when i first bought a grape shopper?

orange peel shopper!!!!!!!!!!! got it in june, i think? and alex was awesome enough to find the last one underneath a pile of flame shoppers when OP was sold out, and i was asking her on the phone as to how flame compared to OP :o

opshop1.jpg

opshop3.jpg

i love my giant grape shopper (aka "Grimace") but this one was super-saturated in color and soooo smooshy and soft already!! this is the big brother to my pumpkin doll, jiffy ^_^

opshop2.jpg

i never knew i'd get bright orange bag but now that i've done so, i think i love it more than a lot of my other tanos :x and more than some other bags from hh and mbmj i bought, too

loook how big it is! i looooves him!

opshop4.jpg

*eep, edited b/c i posted some same pictures twice

lastly, here is the green apple boogie that i've been taking to the assisted living center where i volunteer every sunday :P she was my first boogie and has a lot of distressing and is so soft now, and i love it! i experimented with tarrago and dyed the straps black like watson's mom once did!

dyejob1.jpg

dyejob2.jpg

dyejob3.jpg

PG, I love how you wear such bright colors! And you are so teensy but the big bags really do suit you! Good job on the straps of the boogie!

i can't lie-- it wasn't easy! truthfully, i was sorta impatient to see results and i had a lot of boo-boos that you can't really see in the pics, where some of the dye smudged on the seam of the crunch, around the lowest half-oval-shaped patch of leather trim! after this one, i dyed the straps of my berry blue boogie and was more patient , using a ton of q-tips for small areas (i had no paintbrush!) and working on it on a lazy saturday afternoon and letting it dry between coats...i'll have to take pics of it sometime!

thanks kmh!! :biggrin: it was tough, getting all the edges of the trim that laid against the crunch, argh! brown trim looks good with the eye-popping spring colors and tames the colors a bit, but i was bored and wanted to try something new!

The hard part is where the metal pieces are. When I did my sister's bag, the dye kinda pooled in those areas around them and looked messy (but then again I'm very impatient and didn't use a q tip or a paintbrush!)

that happened to me, too! well, the bb boogie i did second after green apple, was darker in color so i had less boo-boos but they're not as noticeable at all! it was annoying using the q-tip and dipping it in that clear liquid "preparer" that the dye came with, and trying to take off the dye on the hardware, blarg. but i'm happy with the results! i wanted to try it on my pink women unite but there's too much wonderful stuff (hehe) going on with the strap, with the leather weaving in and out between the rectangular rings, so i'm not touching that one!

Someone PLEASE call Tano and tell them to please for the love of Judas Priest hire 'Tea to model their bags!! She makes me want bags I either have or don't really want..... !!!!! 'Tea your bags are beautiful and you look terrific w/ them!

opshop4.jpg

lol!!!!!!! judas priest hahaa
me modeling?!! :P the only thing i did was for a "special" photoshoot as a gift for the bf :x it involved some totally garish , red patent leather lace-up boots and other things @_@ which was 2 yrs ago, but i'm happy to share pics of me looking appropriate, in front of the target shower curtain, cuddling my tanos :biggrin:
the orange is totally vibrant in the sun and it's like a big mama kangaroo holding my jiffy doll :P

I fully agree that 'Tea needs to be a tano model! Or at least the MHB model haha. The BH sex bomb and OP shopper are delish and the strap looks amazing. I'm more into black trim than brown so I'm all for the strap dyeing! haha

hehehe!! :blush:
i have to get pics of the berry blue boogie that i dyed, too! it came out well! i think blue hawaiian looks good with brown so i'm not touching my bh boogie, though, but it would be fun to make the pink lem. WU have black straps if the strap design wasn't so intricate :T i've worn my bh Sex Bomb for the past few days but i can't wait to go back to the giant orange behemoth that i love! :love:

lol!!! the shower curtain looks like a kid's playroom wall but i love cute things! you're right! the spring bags totally match the curtain...hmmm i'm missing a lemon drop :lol:

Gorgeous bags thea, and I love the modeling job as always! We missed 'Tea reveals!

Love the dye job on the boogie strap...I would be scared to do that...but maybe someday when one of mine is loved enough it needs a face lift, I'll try it!