2 Options- Which would you choose?

Years ago when deciding on my first C flap, I was in your shoes. Both my husband and I loved the look and feel of lambskin over caviar, so that's what I went with. Am not sorry. And yes, when it needs refurbishing, send it off but in the meantime look at the Luvinmybags care products. I wouldn't be without the cream protectant, which keeps anything from staining the purse.

If you decide at some point to add a caviar, perhaps consider a pre-loved one. Whatever you decide I think the thing is to get what you love (and isn't it usually one's first impression).

I have two kids but still prefer lambskin. To me, it just feels more luxurious and looks beautiful. I'm probably in the minority, but I much prefer lambskin over caviar.

Me too-I buy Caviar and then end up selling them becasue they are just too utilitarian for me-Lamb is dreamy!

get what you love. it all depends on the owner as to how she takes care of her bag. i always feel lambskin with gold hw is nicer than in caviar. if caviar, i will get it in silver hw. anyway, i think the black lambskin is not as fragile as the colored ones. :biggrin:

For practical reasons, I chose a caviar jumbo flap over lambskin as I know I'd like to carry the bag very often. I love the texture and luxurious feel of lambskin but will only go for it for smaller evening bags or accessories for special occasions.

I love the look of lambskin better but its more delicate. if you dont plan to use it every day then go with lambskin. On the other hand if you think that you might sell it later and get something else maybe go for caviar as more people prefer that. Either way you cant go wrong with caviar or lambskin they are both TDF.

thanks ladies. any of you have current photos of your lambskin bags? i'd like to see what used bags look like over time and how well taken care of you've kept them. :smile: i've gone on ebay to check out what used ones look like and have seen pretty decent ones and ones that scare me. ha ha. how easily does the lambskin really scratch and does the bag flatten unevenly? i've seen some lamb bags where a few of the quilted puffs are flat and others are still puffy...it looks funny.

ok ladies...i talked with DH this weekend about the flap and i think i may be able to squeeze a second chanel in sometime down the line. lol. so i'm thinking caviar m/l flap now (+ lamb accessory) and lamb e/w later? i feel more comfortable with an e/w in lamb because there's less area to potentially scratch up. plus with its shape, i'd only use it occassionally... whereas with the m/l, i'd use that more often so i'd feel safer with caviar. but still...photos of lambskin flaps make my heart beat a little faster vs. caviar ones. gee, decisions decisions. i'm going to go try on the bag in lamb and caviar and see which looks better on me. do you think lambskin looks more "mature"?

Caviar if you plan to just having your first and last chanel, BUT if you intend to expand your purchases of Chanel better get the lambskin. You can always get a caviar in the future. Black would be a perfect FIRST!