2 designs for Mini Marcie?

Cleda

O.G.
Nov 8, 2011
Hi all,

I'm new to Chloe and in my recent search for a mini bag, I have become enamoured with the Mini Marcie. I keep seeing 2 different designs of the Mini Marcie. Is it because one is a newer version? How do they compare? The one I prefer has the top handle.

Here are the 2 designs I keep seeing when I search for Mini Marcie.

Attachments

• d8883454b5b6a54333325c56e9275275.jpg
    d8883454b5b6a54333325c56e9275275.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,054
  • img-thing.jpg
    img-thing.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 947
I had the original mini which is the top picture and found her too small to fit my lv wallet, also when there is not much inside the front flap falls heavily over giving it a funny shape. It is the items inside the bag that give it shape if that makes sense otherwise it is floppy. I would choose the bottom one with the handles as it looks more structured plus it looks safer. I was always worried about the security of the other one as no zip or inner zip. Hope That helps

They are completely different styles of marcie.
The top one is a crossbody style and comes in a couple of sizes, the one pictured looks like a small/mini to me (both bags).
The second one is the Marcie Satchel which also comes in small (with crossbody strap), medium (with crossbody strap or without for older models) and Large (no crossbody strap).

I dont get on with flap over bags so I would go for the second one.

I had the original mini which is the top picture and found her too small to fit my lv wallet, also when there is not much inside the front flap falls heavily over giving it a funny shape. It is the items inside the bag that give it shape if that makes sense otherwise it is floppy. I would choose the bottom one with the handles as it looks more structured plus it looks safer. I was always worried about the security of the other one as no zip or inner zip. Hope That helps

Thanks! So the one without top handle is an earlier version. I don't like flop generally, so definitely leaning towards the other one.

They are completely different styles of marcie.
The top one is a crossbody style and comes in a couple of sizes, the one pictured looks like a small/mini to me (both bags).
The second one is the Marcie Satchel which also comes in small (with crossbody strap), medium (with crossbody strap or without for older models) and Large (no crossbody strap).

I dont get on with flap over bags so I would go for the second one.

Thanks for your thoughts! I hadn't considered flap versus zipper. I much prefer zippers than fumbling with a flap. Okay, seems like it's definitely the 2nd version for me. Just need to try it out in stores to ensure it can fit my wallet.

The top one is the mini marcie saddle bag and the bottom one is the small marcie satchel. They are both available in retail so I wouldn't call it earlier version or later version since they are both available, unless you are simply referring to the time it was introduced.

The top one is the mini marcie saddle bag and the bottom one is the small marcie satchel. They are both available in retail so I wouldn't call it earlier version or later version since they are both available, unless you are simply referring to the time it was introduced.

Thank you for the names! That is really helpful! I finally saw both in real life at a Chloe boutique recently, they look adorable.

They're both adorable aren't they? I especially like the mini saddle bag as it's so handy for hands-free shopping! You can fit a small purse, keys, phone and lippy in there.
I'm spending next weekend staying in Mayfair and I'll be taking my black mini marcie saddle bag which will leave my hands free for shopping at Selfridges, Harvey Nichols and Harrods - Yay!
I bought this bag last week and am totally delighted with it!
Whichever one you decide to go for .... enjoy! :smile:

Oh wow. I love the top one, that shade of red of gorgeous! :smile::smile::smile:

I suppose if I were to choose one mini bag, I would pick the top one because for a bag that small, I don't really need the handles (don't really want the additional weight). And I don't want to have to work the zippers either.

They are both called Marcie, but actually one is the crossbody style and the one you want is the satchel style. I personally use the satchel style and it's one of the best bags I've ever used!

I love the saddle look, but the satchel seems like it would fit just a little bit more. I think they are gorgeous and cross body minis are the best bags you can get! I was looking at the saddle, but now that I see them next to each other, I think I might get the satchel instead. The only thing I would be nervous about is how heavy it is?