2 big problems...LONG!!

:rochard::drinkup:haha... i've lost a fren just because she lost my scarf and bought me a new one without apologising for losing the old one. Very petty incident that escalated unneccessarily. Point is... sometimes when relationships come to the end of the road...it just does. But whateva the reason, you've gotta think of how much of a fren this girl is to you in your life. Are you both LV buddies? The only person you can go designer shopping with? or is it sooooo much deeper than that?

:supacool::rochard:That's for you punk rock girl!

Keep the friendship.. its hard to find a good friend.. but ask yourself if you are just sticking with her just because of her faults or really on pure frienshipness. If i were you, i would tell her that I am upset with her carrying fakes..be open about it. I feel everybody have their own idea of owning 'branded bags' be it fake or authentic. Some are just willing to spend, some are not.

Secondly, to carry a LV... you doesn't have to be a model or watsoever... even a punk or watever can carry a LV well (or any branded bags per se) its all about knowing how to appreciate the bag at the end of the day.. hope you and your friend clear the air.. don't let this incident affect you..

Hi !

I completely understand your reaction towards your friend but like someone said, maybe it was a bit dramatic? She's still the same person and it's just a bag... Maybe you should wait a bit to see if it was just a strong reaction of you or if it has changed everything between you two? It also shouldn't stop you from buying the real bags you love!

About your second problem: You really shouldn't care about what others say! I'm a simple girl that's 23 and I love my bags. I always had this interest in the brand Vuitton, it always fascinated me and it only became worse when I got more informed about the brand and the collection. I'm now really proud to own a couple of bags and I don't care I don't look like what others may describe as a 'classy lady'. I think I look fine with them and you should too!

eek. it sucks that your friend carries fake bags but i don't think you should cut off your friendship with her just because of that. Perhaps you can persuade her that real bags are better than fakes and that she'd probably feel better if she saved the money she'd use to buy a few fakes and just buy one real one.

Also I don't think there are certain types of people that can carry LV. I for one am not an upper class woman i am a working student and carry it just because i want to. I really don't care what other people think as long as i want it and can afford it...i'm happy and you should be too. ^_^

If you call her your very best girl friend, there must be a lot of depth between you two that you are so close. It would seem very sad that you would give up such a friendship over a bag, and this comes from a major bag lover! I can see that it's upsetting that she lied to you and the foundation of some of your interests and bonding were not genuine, but ultimately true friendship is based on whether people are there for you when you need them to be, not just common interests like shopping together. Just my two cents.

As for the people who wear LV, classy/trashy/punky/ghetto, it's all good, lol, I don't care what the person looks like, I admire everyone's bags![/quote]

Well said~ You rock your style and that is all that matters:supacool:

Oh sweetie I don't know what I would do about your friend...:sad: If you no longer feel comfortable around her, maybe it's best to consider the relationship between you two...but also consider the good times that you've had with her other than designer bags. But if you were good friends with her mainly because you thought she was your designer idol, well, then...you'll have to decide.

And about the image thing, as far as I'm concerned, none of us here are trying to say that you have to be a sophisticated, classy, well-off individual to carry LV!! I am a 19 year old student; I am sure not many people would call me up-class nor do I look/act/feel like a model. NOBODY has the right to tell you that you're too "trashy" to carry LV.

I totally agree with you about the "certain type of girl" CRAP! It pisses me off too! UGH!

Sorry about your friend. Maybe now is a GREAT time to educate her about fake bags and where they come from and what the money funds... tell her how embarrased you were at LV (that SA should have NEVER said that to you btw!!!) How you stuck up for her, and now you look like an idiot. Maybe she will understand...

I really dont think you should stop being friends with her over that. Not to sound rude, but in the end it really sounds very silly. While I think fakes are wrong, I dont think thats a good reason to stop being friends with a very good friend. One of my friends bought a fake Speedy after I purchased mine, and would carry it when I carried mine...and I know it did make me mad. BUT I knew hers looked fake, I mean it had 4 feet on the bottom lol. However I didnt think for a second whether or not I should stop being friends with her over it. Just my opinion. As for as a certain type of person carrying LV, no matter what your style you can still like LV and carry it. LV does not discriminate lol.

"People will see her fakes and think mine are too!!! What should I do"

I think you shouldn't worry about people thinking yours are fake simply because the person next to you carry one. I have lots of friends who carry fakes, and then there are a lot of people who I don't know carry fakes around me (I'm in China LOL!). As long as I know mines are real, and I'm sure other people (like most of the tpf members here) know which ones are real and which ones are not.

If this is the reason why you are upset with you friends and don't want to be friends with her anymore, then I think you shouldn't be like that. Very good friends are rare commodities these days and you should treasure them well.

If the "fakes" problem really bothered you guys, maybe you guys should avoid talking about it. This is what me and my friends do, there are other things to talk about that doesn't involve upsetting each other.

A good friend is usually not that easy to find in life so I hope you can continue to be friends. I would calmly explain to her how you feel but ulimately she has to make her own choices.
Maybe you could carry a non-designer bag when out with your friend if you are concerned others will think yours is fake.

I don't really have any advice about your friend, but if it has been a long friendship, I would try to salvage it if I could. But sometimes, you outgrow friendships too. It might be time for an evaluation.
As for the image, I am a rocker and very casual and very, very tattooed. We own a tattoo shop and we see all kinds of people come in. LV is for everyone that wants quality, not just people who wear suits and "lunch" every day!

Awww sorry about that!
And I too am very very irked by people lately making comments that they are disgusted by chubby soccer moms wearing designer bags!!!! UGH! The nerve of some inconsiderate people whose Mother obviously didn't teach them to have any class! Apparently overweight people can't carry LV but classless people can!
Oh sorry about that! That comment has been ticking me off for over a week now!