2 Bags, a Hollywood Story and a Question

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
Hello everyone

It has been forever since I have done a reveal. But since I recently bought 2 bags I love, thought I would show them off. First up is the Saffiano City Tote, small east/west in Gunmetal. Love, love, love this bag. Bought it on FOS for $129. Had been hemming and hawing about buying this with PCE but kept thinking I did not want to pay that much because of the partial lining inside. But for $129 I am very happy. I can see this being an everyday bag for me. The gunmetal adds a little more oomph than plain black.

QUESTION: Can anyone identify the name/style number of the charm on the raspberry Sophia. it was stolen along with my bag and I am the lookout for both the bag and the charm to replace them.

Second bag up is the Madison Small Georgie Ostrich Embossed Edgepaint. If this ends up on FOS I won't cry too much because I got a great deal at Belk with 25% off plus extra 20%. I don't own a white bag and always feared it but could not resist this one.

The Hollywood story is this....notice the blue house in the background of the Georgie photo. MGM has been using this house for the past 2 months to film a movie called Max which is family film about a war dog starring Thomas Hayden Church (Spiderman 3, Sideways, Wings) and Lauren Graham (mom from the Gilmore Girls). For the past couple of months my street has looked like the circus came to town. 50 trucks lining the street, huge cranes, hundreds of crew members. Never knew how much went into filming a movie. They rented my front yard and driveway since I am directly across the street. There are 2 dogs in the movie, a German Shepard type dog and a Pitbull. But 3 dogs play each dog. The trainers worked with the 6 dogs in my front yard under the watch of 2 women from the Humane Society. You know how some movies have a disclaimer that says something to the affect of "No animals were hurt during the filming of this movie" That is how they get this disclaimer. The HS has to watch every bit of filming and document how they use the dogs in each scene as well as if they are treated properly when not filming.

They also did "behind the scenes" interviews in my driveway. Of course with a white backdrop and editing I am sure you won't even know they are outside. But I came home one day to find Thomas Hayden Church interviewing in my driveway! Typical filming schedule was 2pm to 4am. The actors usually left around 2am and the crew had to pack up. It was amazing when it rained, and it did every day as I am in the south with tropical weather, it was like watching a Nascar Pit Crew the way they quickly covered everything. I also learned they can film at night and the lights can make it appear as in daytime. They were really quiet though. Sometimes I would glance out my window and literally see 100 people in my front yard without realizing they were there. They finally left early this morning and though it was exciting, it will be nice to have our little neighborhood back to normal again :smile:

Also included some more pics of the house when the chaos first started

Attachments

• City Tote.jpg
    City Tote.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 666
  • Coach Raspberry Sophia.JPG
    Coach Raspberry Sophia.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 667
  • Georgie.jpg
    Georgie.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 663
  • Max.jpg
    Max.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 661
Here is a picture with a neighbor's kid with the "Max" dog. Also they say my house (pictured) will be in some background shots. My house is not as bright yellow as it appears here, LOL

Attachments

• Ryan and Max.jpg
    Ryan and Max.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 665
I love all of the bags , especially the Georgie !
And that is a neat story, how cool of an experience that would be !
I think the name of the fob is:
Coach Pierced Signature C Pave Key Fob, #61900

Actually, I think it's 92959. They're similar, but not the same. (It was only a couple months ago that I realized there were different versions.)

61900 is the "oval" shaped C's. 92959 is the rounded, Op-Art C's. The charm on that Sophia appears to be the Op-Art C's, and hence, 92959.

Here's a link to the 92959 on ebay (not my auction):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Pave-...?pt=US_Unisex_Accessories&hash=item2c85bf4169
Note, the C's are round, like on the Sophia above.

And here's a pic of my own 61900. Note the C's are the more "oval" style.

Attachments

• 61900.jpg
    61900.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 588
Oh, love the bags! Is the gunmetal the crossbody?

Yes it is, I removed the long strap. Perfect size!

I love all of the bags , especially the Georgie !
And that is a neat story, how cool of an experience that would be !
I think the name of the fob is:
Coach Pierced Signature C Pave Key Fob, #61900

Thanks! I never would have remember this about the fob, hope I can find one. But I want to find the bag more :smile:

Cool! The movie, Public Enemies, was filmed in my city. My brother's friend got to meet Johnny Depp.

I kept wishing they had Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Clive Owen or someone like that starring. I would have let them rent my yard for free I could take a few snaps with any of them!

Cool story! I would of been peeking:smile:

they did give me a "tour" of the set. Lauren Graham would chat with the neighborhood spectators

You had me at 2 Bags!

LOL

Sweet!

Love the houses!

Thank you! It would be surreal if my house was actually in this movie and not cut

You are right, thank you!! They are very close though

Actually, I think it's 92959. They're similar, but not the same. (It was only a couple months ago that I realized there were different versions.)

61900 is the "oval" shaped C's. 92959 is the rounded, Op-Art C's. The charm on that Sophia appears to be the Op-Art C's, and hence, 92959.

Here's a link to the 92959 on ebay (not my auction):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Pave-...?pt=US_Unisex_Accessories&hash=item2c85bf4169
Note, the C's are round, like on the Sophia above.

And here's a pic of my own 61900. Note the C's are the more "oval" style.

Love your new bags! :smile:

Glad your filming experience was good. We've had 2 in our subdivision.....one great and the other not so great. The great one was MTV filming Teen Wolf over multiple seasons. Since they were a professional crew they didn't block the street and happily replaced sprinkler heads, bushes, etc. if their big trucks caused damage. The neighbor whose house was used, in addition to being paid a nice amount, got all the hardwood floors on the main level redone (sanded and stained) in addition to new interior paint.

The not so great experience was a rap video. I swear! It was Easter weekend (of all times) and tons of cars/trucks lined the street with scantly clad women parading around everywhere. We had company coming for Easter dinner and the day before I was running back and forth to the grocery store so it was horrible. They unofficially closed the entrance to the subdivision for 30 minutes restricting people from entering and leaving so it was not a good scene.

Yes it is, I removed the long strap. Perfect size!

Thanks! I never would have remember this about the fob, hope I can find one. But I want to find the bag more :smile:

I kept wishing they had Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Clive Owen or someone like that starring. I would have let them rent my yard for free I could take a few snaps with any of them!

they did give me a "tour" of the set. Lauren Graham would chat with the neighborhood spectators

LOL

Thank you! It would be surreal if my house was actually in this movie and not cut

A set tour :smile: i am jelly for sure! I love that kind of stuff.

Love the new bags, love your movie story! I am in NC too!! I would have just sat in front of the window with some snacks everyday and watched all that, plus I am a huge Lauren Graham fan so wow how amazing!!