2.55 .....

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i pronounce it "two fifty five" ... that's correct, isn't it?

i was at saks and a sa said "two point five five" ...... :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

she also said that they've never produced it in any other sizes :rolleyes:
    (i was hoping that maybe they'd have a jumbo 228 hiding somewhere in the back :lol:)

2. oh for Pete's sake!:lol:

3. i thought that technically, "2.55" refers to the original 2.55 that coco produced back in 1955 which was indeed only in one size? :shrugs:

4. ^ that is the bag's name..... but the reissue does come in multiple sizes!

i saw one in gold when i went...really nice...

5. I know it's silly, but it is important to know what the handbag is actually called...The people from Chanel say that it is the two-point-five-five (2.55)

The whole thing means February of 1955 when the original timeless classic was produced...the 2.55 comes in 4 different sizes

6. I was wondering why it was called 2.55. Now I know-- there was also a reference to this bag that explained that 55 was the year produced in the post of the NY Times article. Thanks for the 411.:P

7. No problem :smile: glad to help...

8. sorry, that's what i meant- that the original bag was the "2.55" named after 2/1955 (february of '55). i did know the reissue came in 4 different sizes as it's my favorite bag! :heart:

9. I just say "two five five" :upsidedown:

10. that's what I say too :shame:

11. me too:smile:

12. I've called it "two point five five" all my life.