2.55 Hybrid Reissue with RHW or Classic Flap with GHW

Which One should I get?

• Keep the Twisted Flap and forget the rest

• Get the Hybrid Reissue in RHW

• Get the vintage Classic Flap in GHW

Results are only viewable after voting.

lxsc300

Sep 26, 2008
Sorry for the long post. But, I am really in a delima and needed your help!

I am not a fancy girl and I dressed very causally. I just recently come into Chanel from loving LV for the past 4 years. I always thought of Chanel classic flaps are trophy bags for me - since I will hardly have any occasions to use them. But, after getting a Twisted flap from the sale recently, I felt Chanel is not that far from reach compare to LV, and I can use the twisted flap in casual occasions. Don't get me wrong- those brand new classic flaps are still out of my price range.

I have recently stumbled across a hybrid reissue with RHW in a pristine condition - the lady hardly use the bag at all. Reference picture borrowed from another TPFer (except picture shown is a Jumbo). The seller is asking for $2100-. I also found several eBay sellers that sell vintage Classic Flaps with GHW for $2000- (had already authenticated here). The pictures on eBay shown in mint condition, however I know it can be deceiving sometimes, because the leather is probably not as soft and plump. Both bags are made out of lambskin, medium large / black - same at the twisted flap.

Here is my delima, where I need your help. My left brain tells me to keep the Twisted forget the rest of the bags. My right brain tells me to go with both Twisted and the hybrid reissue, since it has "more down to earth" feel and matches my life style, and I will also have a timeless classic bag. My heart wants the Twisted and the Classic GHW, since it shows off the Chanel glamourous, but it may become a trophy bag sitting in my closet.

Which one do you think is a better choice?? If I can keep one only?
A. Keep the Twisted, as it is new! Forget about the rest.
B. Get the hybrid reissue with RHW as it is also a classic, and it suits my life style.
C. Get the classic flap with GHW as that is what I always wanted. But, it will become a trophy bag. Same as my other bags - LV Trevi Pm.

Please help!!! I can't listen to my right brain, my left brain and my heart. I am struggling! I need your help! And, for those who own the Twisted flap, how do you like it?

Attachments

• hybrid reissue.jpg
    hybrid reissue.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 1,084
i say keep what you have...

if you are usually dressed very casually the bag suits it IMO....

the other bags are a little more 'formal'

however all the other choices are good too :P

if you had to pick another i would say the vintage chanel - can't ever go wrong with classic chanel!!!!

p.s just wear your chanel when you want! you shouldnt be keeping it hidden away

Keep the twisted.... your 'dilemma' is just every Chanel addicts experience: You get one bag, thinking it's your 'one and only'... when in reality you just start planning for which one you "need" next. Totally normal. :biggrin:

Congrats!

LOL! Thanks for correcting my spelling! :smile: To be honest, I've never experienced this kind of addiction when I was into YSLs and LVs. Insane! Thank you for telling me it is normal, as I am starting to loose sleep thinking about these choices....

Keep the twisted.... your 'dilemma' is just every Chanel addicts experience: You get one bag, thinking it's your 'one and only'... when in reality you just start planning for which one you "need" next. Totally normal. :biggrin:

Congrats!

if you had to pick another i would say the vintage chanel - can't ever go wrong with classic chanel!!!!

Even with the hybrid reissue with RHW? I thought it is not as recongnizable than the CC logo?

I totally agree with piglett, dont hide your chanel! I use my flap bags daily as a casual bag, even when im in shorts! What's the point of having them but not use them? Thats like men who keeps polishing their precious supercars but refuses to take them out for a spin. What a waste! Beautiful things are meant to be enjoyed, not feared.

I say follow your heart, keep the twisted AND get the classic flap in GHW. Oh, and welcome to the "Chanel Obsession" ;)

Sorry for the long post. But, I am really in a delima and needed your help!

I am not a fancy girl and I dressed very causally. I just recently come into Chanel from loving LV for the past 4 years. I always thought of Chanel classic flaps are trophy bags for me - since I will hardly have any occasions to use them. But, after getting a Twisted flap from the sale recently, I felt Chanel is not that far from reach compare to LV, and I can use the twisted flap in casual occasions. Don't get me wrong- those brand new classic flaps are still out of my price range.

I have recently stumbled across a hybrid reissue with RHW in a pristine condition - the lady hardly use the bag at all. Reference picture borrowed from another TPFer (except picture shown is a Jumbo). The seller is asking for $2100-. I also found several eBay sellers that sell vintage Classic Flaps with GHW for $2000- (had already authenticated here). The pictures on eBay shown in mint condition, however I know it can be deceiving sometimes, because the leather is probably not as soft and plump. Both bags are made out of lambskin, medium large / black - same at the twisted flap.

Here is my delima, where I need your help. My left brain tells me to keep the Twisted forget the rest of the bags. My right brain tells me to go with both Twisted and the hybrid reissue, since it has "more down to earth" feel and matches my life style, and I will also have a timeless classic bag. My heart wants the Twisted and the Classic GHW, since it shows off the Chanel glamourous, but it may become a trophy bag sitting in my closet.

Which one do you think is a better choice?? If I can keep one only?
A. Keep the Twisted, as it is new! Forget about the rest.
B. Get the hybrid reissue with RHW as it is also a classic, and it suits my life style.
C. Get the classic flap with GHW as that is what I always wanted. But, it will become a trophy bag. Same as my other bags - LV Trevi Pm.

Please help!!! I can't listen to my right brain, my left brain and my heart. I am struggling! I need your help! And, for those who own the Twisted flap, how do you like it?
What did you decide eventually? I like the hybrid shown on the photo. It's different. What's the leather? Is it distressed? Thanks.

I totally agree with piglett, dont hide your chanel! I use my flap bags daily as a casual bag, even when im in shorts! What's the point of having them but not use them? Thats like men who keeps polishing their precious supercars but refuses to take them out for a spin. What a waste! Beautiful things are meant to be enjoyed, not feared.

I say follow your heart, keep the twisted AND get the classic flap in GHW. Oh, and welcome to the "Chanel Obsession" ;)

Completely agreed! I love my Chanels but I never baby them, I keep them in tight rotation with other brands, but I wear them often, dressed up or down. I think you should always get what you always wanted which is the CF because trust me, you will always thinking about it until you get it....:graucho:

Joyu said:
What did you decide eventually? I like the hybrid shown on the photo. It's different. What's the leather? Is it distressed? Thanks.

Hi Joyu,
I've finally settled with a m/l classic flap in black caviar with GHW. So classic! To be honest, I haven't have any occasion to wear it yet. :smile: I love it and so happy with it!

Just FYI - The hybrid is in smooth lambskin.

vronika said:
Completely agreed! I love my Chanels but I never baby them, I keep them in tight rotation with other brands, but I wear them often, dressed up or down. I think you should always get what you always wanted which is the CF because trust me, you will always thinking about it until you get it....:graucho:

That's exactly what happened! I think of the CF everyday until I have it. So happy when i got the flap in my hand! :smile: I haven't wear it yet, but I love love love the classic look of it.
I wear my reissue mini and JM often though.

Hi Joyu,
I've finally settled with a m/l classic flap in black caviar with GHW. So classic! To be honest, I haven't have any occasion to wear it yet. :smile: I love it and so happy with it!

Just FYI - The hybrid is in smooth lambskin.
hi lxsc300, congrats. How do you like your caviar m/l flap? Did you get a brand new one? I want one with silver hardware but heard many complaining about the current poor quality of caviar. I can't decide.