1st time Chanel owner w/ a question on the Classic Flap...

Jan 28, 2007
Hi All! I'm a new member to the Chanel forum. I've always coveted the Classic Flap in Black Lambskin and Gold Hardware and knew I would someday own this bag. That day came on August 12, 2009 during Holt's PSN night! :yahoo:

It was a relatively good experience. Mind you I did wait around for almost an hour before being helped as there were just so many people there! I can't believe the number of people that go in and go out without having to know the price, or inspect the bag if there are any scratches.

I will definitely post pics once I get home from work! But I do have a question regarding the zipper pull on the inside flap. What is the zipper pull supposed to look like? Mine is just a little stub of lambskin leather. Is this normal? :thinking::sweatdrop::shrugs:

I've seen tons of pics of other Classic Flaps with either a circle zipper pull or a long rectangle zipper pull with Chanel engraved. I hope mine is normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the most I've ever spent on a bag and it will be the most. The only other purse I plan to get is the PST which is considerably less.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2007
Thank you for the reply! Haha...my first thread with one reply! :P
I was going to post pictures but maybe I'll do another thread LOL.

Jun 11, 2009
sweetie, congrats on your new flap!! what size did you get? could you please post a pic of the inside zipper when you get a chance? i haven't seen any zipper pulls that are just lambskin stubs. thanks!

Aug 4, 2008
im sure ur fine,, the zips are ussually just a piece of leather, in which u pull to open the compartment.