1st Reveal... BOWdacious Babe!

enny

Nov 19, 2007
I'm on Cloud 9 at the moment :cloud9: I can't believe I've waited since end of 2007 for the day... but finally, it's time to introduce my beautiful new baby bow to tPF family! (Please excuse the ugly watermarks... an attempt to stop any unscrupulous scammers from filching the photos)

photo-1-1-1.gif

Ahh, look how she shines with a halo... (please note viewing the above picture is to be accompanied by a soundtrack of singing angels. If this is not available, please hum to yourself :angel:)

photo1-1.gif
photo5-1.gif

...And now my baby bow herself! She's actually a much richer chocolate brown than the photo shows (she's almost black in this light), but I'm so happy with her, the colour has a lovely antique/vintage kind of feel to it, I think.

Funnily enough she originally only came with the dustbag after buying in Harrods, but on popping into Selfridges afterwards for a nosey, I cheekily asked the SA for a MM bag and receipt holder... and she not only obliged, but very kindly sealed it and tied it with a ribbon too! I gotta say, I am a little jealous of the pretty boxes I've seen in some photos though...

This is my first proper high-end designer purchase. I've spent so many years saving up and seeing my favourite colours/finishes come and go (not to mention the prices shoot sky high!), but it's been totally worth it. It's my 25th birthday tomorrow and this baby bow is my present to myself :Partyhat: The first outing will be to a company Xmas party the next day! I can't wait until I can show her to the world...

Congrats enny! Your bow is beautiful and the colour is deep and rich! I love it! Happy birthday to you! I wish I had got a MM bag for my 25th... which was more than ten yrs ago now... eeeek! Carry her with pride for she is a beauty!:heart::heart::heart:

Oh, this is like the most beautiful story ever! So happy for you that you finally got your bow! And the colour is gorgeous :smile:! Congrats and enjoy (for your birthday too):smile:

Wooow! Truly bow-dacious lol. Love reading your posts! They're so fun. I am glad to finally see what you got! The color is so versatile, perfect for winter and all seasons. Congratulations, I am so happy for you that you got the bag of your dreams and all your hard efforts you did to get it.

Happy 25th Birthday!!!! :flowers::drinkup:I turned 25 recently too. :smile: I was going to receive a bow bag as a b-day pressie too but decided to wait it out. Glad your wait is over and you can enjoy taking your bow out! I am so excited for you! You waited so long and it paid off! Post mod pix, k? :smile:

BTW, cool watermark you got. How'd you do that? Never seen anything like it.

Thank you for your kind comments... and for the birthday wishes! This year does feel a bit special :smile:

BTW, cool watermark you got. How'd you do that? Never seen anything like it.

I just played around in Photobucket and found it! I thought it was pretty neat, hehe. As sparkly as my love for my new baby bow! Yes, modelling pics definitely to follow... hopefully after the company party tomorrow...?

Just wanted to add another pic in a slightly different light.
Love-1.gif

And another little story just for interest's sake...

Basically when I went to buy, I made a pain of myself to the poor long-suffering SA: despite having to run around for a bunch of customers, I asked him to bring out all of that colour from their various stock cupboards so that I could choose the one with the least scratches. (There were 3 in stock. I did apologise for being ridiculous, but he was like, in his Italian accent, "it's OK, I understand, you want to be happy with your bag!" :biggrin:)

Well, this baby was defintiely the most unscathed of the bunch, but she had a few small scratches under the flap, and quite a significant marking on one of the bows, which hurt my heart a little bit...
Scratches3.jpg
Scratches2.jpg

So. I got a bit brave.
ScratchesNoMore.jpg

ScratchesNoMore1.jpg

(I actually found this tin of polish in the understairs cupboard).

And look at the result: completely imperceptible! (Thank goodness!!) It's like magic. So hopefully that might help anyone who has scratches on their beloved bows??
ScratchesNoMore2.jpg

...phew! :sweatdrop:

congratulations on such a gorgeous present, and happy birthday! :balloon:

with regard to making SAs run around, I'm guilty of that as well. but most that I encounter are always so nice about it! one even told me, "we are used to worse. and as long as the customer is happy, I'll be happy too!"

If I remember, I'll ask the SA to do the same as well! It's an expensive purchase and you want to hand-pick the best out of the bunch. I can't believe they didn't have one in a better condition though. It seems like its harder getting things in what I believe to be good condition these days.

Hrmmm...kiwi shoe polish eh? I'll have to look into that! I accidentally scraped my balenciaga...maybe this will help. Very brave. Thanks for sharing your method.

First of all I would like to wish you a happy birthday and may all your wish come true (wishes with bags involved is always nice!). And the Bow is sooo gorgeous! Congratulation! I'm sure you will love it even more and more....