1st Prada Bag! Instant reveal!

bambistyle

O.G.
Jun 22, 2011
Hi everyone!

So the other day my mom and I were looking at the Prada Saffiano Tote bags and my dad happened to walk in. Today for Valentines day he surprised us both with a Prada bag each! I'm not familiar with Prada names or colors so if you know the name of my bag it would be most appreciated as I have never seen it before !

Anyways here's my bag! I'm so happy :smile:

c9448285.jpg

On the side note, what do you guys honestly think of the colour? I'm wondering if I should exchange it...

Looks like the BL0797 but I haven't seen it in this colour, only in the light blue, cameo or black. It's a beautiful and classic style which can be worn anywhere at any time.

Whilst it's a gorgeous bag, it's hard to say what to do about the colour. If you are the sort of person who can carry off this bright pop of colour, and if you like the colour, then keep it.

Otherwise, if you won't use it because of the colour, then definitely change it for something more versatile or useful.

Looks like the BL0797 but I haven't seen it in this colour, only in the light blue, cameo or black. It's a beautiful and classic style which can be worn anywhere at any time.

Whilst it's a gorgeous bag, it's hard to say what to do about the colour. If you are the sort of person who can carry off this bright pop of colour, and if you like the colour, then keep it.

Otherwise, if you won't use it because of the colour, then definitely change it for something more versatile or useful.

Hi missfiggy! Thanks for your response (and thanks again for your expertise in the authentication thread).

I'm not familiar with Prada at all, but my dad told me that the Prada SA told him it was a limited edition colour and that only 2 of this exact style + colour combination of this bag was brought into Canada.

I had originally wanted the Saffiano Lux Tote in Blush but I also have been looking for a bright yellow bag (not necessarily designer) so he got me this one! I usually wear a lot of black so I thought it would be cool to get a bright coloured bag. I'm just worried since this is one of my first premier designer bags that the colour may go out of style.

What's the price difference between the BL0797 and this bag?
IMG_3891.JPG

Also, the bag didn't come with an authenticity card, is this abnormal for Prada? Or should I go back and ask for it?

Thanks in advanced! :smile:

What a gorgeous bag for Spring/Summer! Congrats!

I personally like the color, but I love bright colors. :P It is also neat that it is so limited. Good luck deciding if you are going to keep it or not, I personally think it is really pretty!

Hi missfiggy! Thanks for your response (and thanks again for your expertise in the authentication thread).

I'm not familiar with Prada at all, but my dad told me that the Prada SA told him it was a limited edition colour and that only 2 of this exact style + colour combination of this bag was brought into Canada.

I had originally wanted the Saffiano Lux Tote in Blush but I also have been looking for a bright yellow bag (not necessarily designer) so he got me this one! I usually wear a lot of black so I thought it would be cool to get a bright coloured bag. I'm just worried since this is one of my first premier designer bags that the colour may go out of style.

What's the price difference between the BL0797 and this bag?
IMG_3891.JPG

Also, the bag didn't come with an authenticity card, is this abnormal for Prada? Or should I go back and ask for it?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Normally, PRADA products come with authenticity cards. You may want to ask for it. It is pretty strange you didn't get one.

Hi Everyone! Thanks for your wonderful comments! As an update, I decided to keep the bag in this colour! ^_^

Wow! I think that color is gorgeous. No way would I trade that in.

What a wonderful Dad!

Thank youu!!! Yes! I love my Dad to bits!!!

Super cute! I like the color. I guess you are still young and bright color must be great on you. Modelling pics please.

I will soon! I'm just going through a round of midterms so I'll do it after! :smile:

What a gorgeous bag for Spring/Summer! Congrats!

I personally like the color, but I love bright colors. :P It is also neat that it is so limited. Good luck deciding if you are going to keep it or not, I personally think it is really pretty!

I love bright colours too! I was just second guessing myself since it's my 1st Prada bag I wanted a "safe" colour! hahhaa. But I'm going to keep it!

Normally, PRADA products come with authenticity cards. You may want to ask for it. It is pretty strange you didn't get one.

I haven't got a chance to get the authenticity card, and I won't be able to go to the Prada store for at least 2 weeks. Will they still the card or will they throw it away? :sad: Do they normally put it in the bag or give it to you in person? Cause I haven't seen my dad yet since he left the package for me on Monday, I'll ask him on the weekend when I go back to visit my parents. PS: I love Bellevue!

Nice color for spring/summer. I would definitely keep it.

Thank you! :smile: That's just what I was thinking!

I am so in love with that yellow bag. I'm so jealous!

Teehee! Thank you! I love it too :P

Great bag and super color. What a nice gift.
I say 'it's a keeper'!

Yes it is!!! Def a keeper!

Congrats!!! Its lovely.. very lovely!
I'm glad you decided to keep the bag in that color, I have a Marc Jacobs stam in a color similar to this and I love it! Its nuetral enough that it can go with sooo many outfits and colors (black, white, grey, creme, brown and navy so many yo count!)
Cant wait to see it modelled!