1st post: Dumb question re: Pronunciation

1. I've been lurking here for a while trying to scout out a nice bag to buy for my wife. It's been educational and I find myself much more aware of what kind of purses women are carrying around town. You have a very interesting web sub-culture here. I post on some wristwatch collecting boards, which tend to be almost entirely male variations on this. I think it's great to have a community based on a passion for a thing that 90+% of the public consider as just an everyday object.

So here's my question and I'll keep it short. How do you pronounce Botkier? Is it two syllables or three? Is the R pronounced or is it like a French "key-yeh" sound?

TIA

2. I don't actually know the answer to your question but I am so happy to hear that you are looking at handbags for your wife! If my hubby could understand that kind of thinking....ahhhhh. What a nice guy you are! Someone will answer you soon I am sure. I am schooled on Vuitton and Balenciaga, not Botkier.

3. actually not a dumb question mama...i hate to hear people mispronounce designer names

makes it sound like theyre trying too hard

I believe she is Monica "Bah-key-yay"

hope that helped...(or made sense:biggrin: )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice