1st post, 1st Chanel

Its definitely not a real authentic one from first glance you can tell by the double C stitching and the skin is not luxury skin ie not from the line they usually make...if you want to check what Im saying take it to a Chanel boutique and they'll tell you...sorry

deedeelovely and tura they are eerily scary aren't they? i had a closer look at them and compared them to a real bowler from personalshoppers and there are really obvious discrepancies when you look closer (wrong fonts, generic instead of woven chains for the zips etc.)

i was really curious about this and went into the sydney boutique today to check out the mini luxury flap. they have it in the bronze left and it is so cute and gorgeous! i think tan03's is definitely the mini luxury flap as the chains on the front flap of the bag didn't continue around to the back like the regular sized flaps either. everything else looked the same including how the handles are woven.

i suggest you girls have a look at the mini flap yourselves instore. you might just be tempted to buy one :graucho: (they are so tiny like the classic flap bags! cute!)

as for the leather, this is what an authentic beige calfskin looks like:
CORIOLIS Force of The Wind

so unless your holograms don't match your authenticity card etc. then i would say congratulations on your new bag! your husband has excellent taste!!! :heart:

Thanks you gorgeous ladies..The serial number and hologram sticker does match..and i attached a pic of the sticker. I called Chanel, they said the purse i bought was the last one and they do not have any tags or stickers, however, as Frayed has mentioned, i wouldnt worry too much about the tags etc unless i wills sell them in the future.

I also doubt Chanel will sell fake, but there was a previous post about someone returning a fake purse to chanel, and the unlucky next person bought it..this is the only concerned i have.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 78
kouki, looks good! As long as it was bought from Chanel, you're fine.
I don't think tags and boxes are all that important for resale.
There's several threads about the serials # and the year it was made. . . do a search, if I come across it I'll post a link.

Good to hear, kouki! I've read that story too, not so long ago. It's so scary. But I always believe Chanel boutiques and authorized stores. I've been devoted to Chanel for years, but I'm no Chanel expert at all as I always believed them from where I purchased. Since join this club, I've learned so much... thanks for TPF!:flowers: I've found it so exciting to know details after been ignorance all of these years :yes:

As for serial number, Michele has that info and yes there's a thread about that.

holograms and authentictiy cards can definitely be faked, but i don't think they have it *right* just yet. click HERE for a scarily looking fake. but if you look at the font on the serial number inside, they use a sans-serif whereas authentic bags really should have a serif font (well the recent ones anyway, so it helps to know if the style of bag you have is new or not). here is a comparison:

309383200_acd8b83c2b_o.jpg

Thanks, Frayed! Oh my... this is really scary. Can't believe those counterfeiters will make it this far. Weeks ago, I've read even how professional a scammer doing their business. It was really shocked the hell of me :hysteric:

Want to share it with all of you, here's the link: Thebaghag Diaries: A Day in the Life of the Bag Hag: FAKE HERMES BIRKIN-- bag scammed!!! (Swanky, if this is not allowed to be linked, please help to delete it. Thanks)